Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:44

Sign in to follow this  
Rhys

"Confirmation of Changes: Connection Failed"

Question

Rhys    1

I'm having trouble switching between the servers, It's only started happening today. 

I was playing on S1 with a friend just now but he has gotten off, So I wanted to get back on S2 since it's better for me ping wise.

I've been trying to connect to S2 for about 10 minutes now and I keep getting the same message "Confirmation of Changes: Connection Failed". I've tried restarting DayZ.

11 answers to this question

Voodoo    369

Have you tried verifying your game on steam to see if anything is missing?

Found this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/558755530517000037/

If that doesn't work it seems like restarting your modem several times might work.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    754

I believe 'confirmation of changes' can be related to an issue with Battleye. You could try installing it manually from here and replacing the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\BattlEye.

Let us know if this works.

Rhys    1

I just verified the cache and everything was fine. I will post back in the morning with answers to Randle's suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

Edit: 

-snip-

Just tried this and it hasn't worked. I'm about to restart the router.

-snip-

This hasn't worked either.

--------------

I've looked at a few websites and they are all saying it's just a problem trying to Authenticating, Something to do with latency perhaps.

I just connected to S2(Which is 400ms) and disconnected, Then joined S1(250(after some spam joining)). I'm not sure what the actual problem is or how you fix it. It might just be something to do with my ISP.

I'll post back here if I find anything else.

Rhys    1

Have you attempted to restart your router?

Do you have any programs using connection in the background?

Yes, I've turned the router on/off a few times.

There shouldn't be any programs using the connection in the background. I haven't downloaded/installed any new programs recently, So nothing should have changed. This has only started the last 2-3 days. I'll look around while I get the error the next time to see if something is running in the background.

Jester    48

-snip

-snip-

What are your providers internet speeds and what are your typical pings when connect to any of the dayz servers ?

Rhys    1

What are your providers internet speeds and what are your typical pings when connect to any of the dayz servers ?

I'm not 100% what my speeds are and not sure how to check. I can do a speed test from ozspeedtest if that's okay. 

[spoiler=Speed Test]

Your Line Speed

Mbps (2,477 kbps)

Your Download Speed

KB/s (0.31 MB/s)

The usual ping when I try to connect to the server is abour 250-300 S1 and 400-450 S2.

Rhys    1

It sounds alot like latency issues that is kicking you.  Have you found any other sources to suggest otherwise?

That's what i'm starting to think. Not sure why's it's only happening now though. I guess this is solved as it seems to be an issue with my connection.

Jamie    1192

I'll go ahead and mark this as /Solved then. Good luck on fixing your connection. 

If you find out that it's a different issue, feel free to say and we can unsolve it.