Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:53

Sign in to follow this  
Fluffy Knight

Trade Post Bravo [Open Frequency]

*Whilst looking for any signs of life over the radio, you come across a clear signal. On the other end it sounds like 2 two men having a conversation*

Uhh, Hello? This thing on?

Yes, it's on Arty.

Well in that case, hello anyone that is out there. My acquaintance here was kind enough to let me borrow his radio to get this message out before we go our separate ways. Anywho I was wanting to let people out there listening that I am trying to setup a trade post and possibly a route so that others can get things they need, but possibly don't have. I am going to try and base myself at the hospital in Berezino. I have been collecting some things on my way around this no mans land that I thought I might need, but I don't. Well I am not going to waste anymore time here. If you happen to see me in town, I wear a orange backpack, and some camo pants. I'll trade for anything that could be of use.

*The signal cuts out as the 2 men part ways.*

Para    193

*Lewis takes up his radio and with a sigh, he holds down his transmit button*

Do you people ever learn that announcing that you're setting up a trading post is asking to get robbed?

Fuck sake...

*He releases his transmit button*

baskorthuis    10

*Jan picks up his radio*

It's useless. Don't try this kind of things.

I tried something similair to this. There is always someone that will ruin your plans.

If you still go on with this plan, mind that you can contact me if you need any advise.

*Jan puts away his radio*

*Drew laughs and picks up his radio to respond*

Last trading post I heard turned into Green Mountain,

also, you won't be getting anywhere with our wonderful brethren running around!

*tossing his radio back into his bag, Drew continues as he was*

*Using a new found radio during Artorias' last prospect. He sets his radio to 102.5 in hopes of passing a message*

Berezino has been pretty quiet these last few days. I have come to the attention some try and some fail. However if you live day to day with nothing to show for it, is it worth living? I have been doing my best to keep the roads through Berezino safe and helping and trading with those just passing though just so he may live another day. I'm not trying to claim some massive camp here as I am one man. However, I am one man with a dream for the old days of civilization to return. Some will call me a fool, some will say I am dreaming the impossible, but if  you do not take the walk to success. Then it will be a dream thrown back into the nightmare that is our day to day life. I will walk the roads of this old world city, with my hopes, and my chin held high until the day I die. To those that say I should quit, look at yourself, are you fighting for a cause? I will continue what I had said in my last broadcast. I will be in this city making a little camp for myself and trading with others. It's not a bad thing to help your fellow man so don't look at it as such.

This is Artorias signing off.

*Artorias starts walking before the transmission is cut and the usual static returns*

Para    193

*He rolls his eyes listening to Artorias's response and holds down his transmit button*

You sir, are clueless. You can hold your chin high all you want... you will die very soon setting up an outpost and broadcasting where it is.

Whether or not we're fighting for a cause is irrelevant. This is about your mistake.. not mine. Take some advice and find a new hobby.

You will die...

*He releases his transmit button*

Guest Ewok   
Guest Ewok

*Will hears the man talking about this trading outpost*

Maybe you should move you operations to Green Mountain.

*He smiles to him self and waits for a response*

-snip-

*Chris chuckles to himself and presses down the transmission button*

Ach well, looks like you've found yourself a wee pessimist on yer channel lad. Look son, there's no need to fuckin' ruin some boys day, he can dream all he wants about trading safely, unlikely it'll happen but don't burst his bubble, ya know?

*Shakes his head, smirking as he pockets the radio*

*Artorias reaches in his bag looking back on Berezino, with a sigh he turns on his radio with what little battery he has and presses the PTT*

This is a bit of an update on the trade post. There hasn't been any bad folk coming through, though it's been really quiet. In fact abandoned if anything. I have been doing a pretty good job keeping the roads safe, but a day ago a convoy of some cars and I think a bus rolled on through in what seemed to be a hurry. All was fine until I woke up the next day to see they had quite a bit of dead following them. By that I mean a horde. I'm just a man and a rifle and while I love to help people this is to much. I hid away and let them pass, but zombie activity has increased alot in downtown making it pretty hard to do my job by myself. I'm packing up and closing down the shop here. If I see you on the road I will be sure to say hi and possibly do a little trade or just chit chat, but for now I am not staying in Berezino and I am just going back to my days as a drifter. I haven't been able to find anymore batteries in the city so I am sure this will be my last message for a while until I can get my grubby hands on another. Good luck to all of you out there, hope everything goes well in your day to day life. Goodbye.

*The transmission ends, and Arty continues his walk down a lonesome road*

*As the rain thundered down on Charlie's battered cap, the man's radio broadcast caught Charlie when he was in a foul mood. He grunted to the man's message, unclipped his radio from his belt and started to transmit the following*

Be thankful you ain't dead buddy, good thing you got the hell out of there when you did...

And if you're gonna start doing this shit again then for God sake don't announce it for every Tom, Dick and Harry to hear... You'll find your chance of survival will increase dramatically

*He flicked off his radio, put it back on his belt. "Fucking damp wood" he muttered, as he tried once again to light the fire*