Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Furlean

Character reset after DDoS attacks?

Question

Now the servers are up after the DDoS attack momentarily, I have seen that my character has reset? Was the hive reset or something? I've attempted to relog onto the EU server for a second time to find my new spawn character also reset and spawned in another location? Is it not safe now to log out and expect a character reset? :(

11 answers to this question

Bruce    0

I assume the servers haven't reconnected to the hive yet, they were doing this a few days back.

Mellstrom    21

i just spawned in as a freshspawn, instantly quit the game. Lets hope i dint loose anything :(

Wong    0

THE HIVE IS NOT CONNECTED DUE TO THE DDOS ATTACK. WAIT AND BE PATIENT THE FAT KIDS ARE GONNA BE DONE DDOSING SOON...hopefully

Bruce    0

Yes, but I managed to re-gear my character in 0.59 to find now it is a fresh spawn?

Your character is most likely not wiped, the same thing happened before and I was fine.

The servers just came up give them some time.

Boston    776

These DDoSes used to happen a while ago too. Everyone got their character back when the Salt People stopped their attacks. You will have your character back at some point this century. Don't worry...

Mellstrom    21

Yes, but I managed to re-gear my character in 0.59 to find now it is a fresh spawn?

the server is trying to connect to the hive, give it a few mins to load all the characters, if you log in as a freshie, instantly abort without moving in-game. Doing this there is a fairly decent chance that the server hasn't saved your new character.

Joules    274

Your gear is likely to come back once everything is copesetic with the hive.

Glad you got your answer!

/solved