Kaleb

Riley's Journal

Kaleb    14

Riley Wilco's Journal

qp67hPk.jpg

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6SplVA_mSU

Entry #1

Dear Lacey,

I'm doing alright. That would probably be the first thing you'd want to know. After Chernogorsk I fled to the woods. I don't know how long I walked out there but I found a cabin that seemed lived in. I waited a few days before realizing nobody was coming back. The cabin had a stash of food, water, and this journal. The guy who used to own the place wrote a bit in this as well. His name was Robert. In his last entry he mentioned heading to some town named Novy to see if his daughter had somehow survived through all this. He has a bunch of other journals in here, I guess he had built this cabin himself before everything and lived off the land trying to find enlightenment. Sounds a lot like my main man, Henry David Thoreau, huh? Anyway I guess when this shit all began he made runs to the nearest towns stocking up. I hope he's still out there somewhere so I can thank him for the supply. I hope you're doing okay, wherever you are. Heaven, Hell, Valhalla, or another life. I just hope you're happy. I keep thinking over and over whether what you're father did was selfish or selfless. He killed you, your mother, your sister, and then himself. Did he have the strength to spare you all from suffering or did he steal a chance at life? I don't think I'll never know the answer but finding you in your apartment destroyed me. I trekked with James all the way from France to see you and all this fucking shit happens. James didn't want to go further to find you when things started going down. That's where we split up, he got to keep the car though. He probably tried to get back home in Britain, who knows if he made it out of Chernaurus. I've just been questioning a lot of things lately, like should I have even left James to find you? Was closure worth ultimately being alone and stranded in a foreign country? I dunno, but that's where I'm at and I should just keep going because nothing is going to change. I'm gonna get some nights rest. I don't know when I will write to you again so, I hope you'll be awaiting my next letter.

[align=right]Yours Truly,                                               

[align=right]Riley                                                

Entry #2

Lacey,

Hey! It's been awhile. I'm growing quite the beard; I should find a razor. I also finally left the cabin. I think I was in there for a few weeks to be honest. I didn't do much. I sat, wondered, and ate. No zombies, no people, no worries. It was time to say goodbye, though. Isolation isn't good, at all. I could see that I was going a little stir crazy. My good friend Robert left me some goodies though! A fucking huge revolver. This thing is heavy holy shit. Guns are heavier than they appear, goddamn. There was also a double barrel shotgun in the cabin. Maybe now I can pretend I'm Bruce motherfucking Campbell. I would need a chainsaw for an arm to complete the look though. I left the woods to find a road. I followed it in whatever direction, I couldn't tell. I actually ran into a guy though. He was wearing a white balaclava and told me he was heading up to a place called Sulnichnie(?) to find a friend. I hope that's how you spell it. You would probably know it. We eventually wished each other good luck and headed our own ways. Only a little bit after that I met my first, well, friends. James and Murray. It had started pouring when I was in a town called Kami. I was fucking soaked, but then I met those two and we set up a fire to dry off. James seemed to know his stuff. He had been on a roadtrip just like me. He was from Maryland while Murray was from Canada. Murray was an interesting character, very paranoid, but I guess I can't blame him. They told me of a little town they resided in called Tulga, we decided to head up there together. Murray left to go find supplies in the middle of our travels. James and I hiked up a very, very steep hill but he said the hills made for fine defense from people and undead alike. The place was nice, it had a great view of the forests and other mountains. James let me claim a house and I took a small house, enough to live in and stock some supplies. We chatted and he taught me a little bit about the guns I had since I had no real idea how they worked. I was glad that the first few people I have met in I don't know how long have been good people. I'm now sitting in bed writing to you. I do have some terrible news, though. My iPhone has finally died. I had been saving it for special occasions to just listen to music because I mean, I couldn't get reception in Chernaurus before all this shit anyway. I got to listen to a little bit of The Grateful Dead before she finally kicked the bucket. I don't think there is any place with power around here so, RIP. I got it to last for about a year I think though so hey good for me! Anyway, I'm gonna hit they hay. Goodnight, Lace, love you.

[align=right]Riley                                                     

[align=left]

[align=left]//thank you so much for reading! I'll be putting more entries as replies to this thread. I would love feedback as well. I'm excited for Riley to meet plenty of people c: 

Entry #3

Lace,

Holy hell has it been a busy couple of weeks, Lace. You wouldn't believe it.  Okay okay, where do I start? Well, I was hanging around Tulga only making runs to Kami for supplies for a couple of days until I ran into a guy named John Worth. After doing a bit of trading he mentioned that his group and camp were attacked by infected and now he was trying to find a doctor who claimed to have started a clinic up in Zelenogorsk. In a spur of impulsiveness I offered to join him and a new friendship was made. We traveled up north and dodged a bunch of vehicles. One was a bus full of guys with red berets. James later told me that was either the Pestilence Brotherhood or The French Foreign Legion. The walk to Zelenogorsk was uneventful for the most part until we got into the city to find no clinic and a bunch of those monsters. John and I got separated by a horde. I assumed he was dead and made my way back down to Tulga. There I reunited with James in which I told him about my journey. James was beginning to get into some dealings with a group called The Trust. The two of us then headed to this castle island place and I found a badass sword, but it was pretty beat up. We got back to Tulga where we did some target practice with a mosin. Overall it was a refreshing change. He mentioned hearing of a group called Alcyone that aspire to restoring education. This intrigued me, I mean I was planning on becoming a teacher before all this, you know that, so I thought Alcyone could give me some type of purpose in this world.

I said farewell to James before heading back up north to find Alcyone. I passed by an airfield of sorts where I found an AK which wowed me. I've only seen those in the movies! Upon leaving the airfield I found a girl named Chloe who said she was heading to the airfield herself so I decided to join her for a bit. We met up with a scottish guy named Lankin who seemed very, very wise. The three of us headed up towards Kabanino where out of nowhere, a bunch of people with guns show up. Most of them were mercenaries that were being paid to protect some guy named Joffrey. This Joffrey attempted to recruit me into his little bodyguard service. You know me, I never like saying no to people, especially nowadays. I said yes, but Joffrey then said he didn’t need me as of now because of some situation that was going on. I later found out from Lankin that Joffrey was the Vice President of the French Foreign Legion and that if I would have joined them, I would be doomed to die. I shudder at the sheer thought of if I actually went with them. Lankin met up with his friend Jacob who both claimed to be a part of a group called The Colony. They told me to act as if we had never had the conversation about the FFL. They seemed like nice guys, very smart. I hope they’re still breathing.

As I traveled around I heard more and more things about Alcyone. Bad things really. Too many rumours. I decided to stop going after them. If there is such a misconception about people who claim to restore education, it’s obviously not a good idea to join them. So I headed back down south. Back to Tulga. Tulga was home. I did get lost, however. In the middle of nowhere in the forests, almost starved to death, I found a fully working truck. Yes. That’s right. A TRUCK. I got in that thing so fast and sped through the woods. I was surprised I didn’t crash. I found myself on the western coast when I got out of the woods. I have no idea how I got all the way west, but while passing through the small villages I ran into John! He wasn’t dead. So I gave him a ride to Tulga so we could rest for the night. And here I am now! Tired of walking, man. Gonna go play some uke until I pass out. Night Lace.

[align=right]Riley                                                     

[align=left]

Entry #4

Lacey Loo,

[align=left]I’m writing again! How are you doing? Didn’t figure you’d answer, oh well. James contacted his people called The Trust and told me to meet him in Staroye. This was where he introduced me to his group. They were an interesting bunch. A lot of them were hiding on roofs or bushes. They have good reason to be suspicious of someone new I suppose. I met the man called The Marshal, he had that kind of authoritarian type of voice. He asked me what I did before this, what my hobbies were, how many infected I killed, how many people have I killed, and what crimes I have committed. I was honest, never killed a person in my life. He was surprised that I was holed up in a cabin for half a year. I figured most people wouldn’t believe me. I mean, doomsday preppers are a thing and I guess I just happened to stumble upon a survival shack! I’m just lucky, I guess. After our conversation they talked to some people about something, I didn’t know the situation. We walked to Mysta which I guess was their home. It was nostalgic. Hearing voices in other houses and just generally knowing there are friendly people around. There was even a kid running around named Buckley. I think he’s a kid. James the psychologist says that he may very well be a grown man regressing into a young child because of tragedy. Buckley talked about his mom and how she was always angry and didn’t sleep. We knew what happened to her. Buckley asked James to go fix his mom. They were gone for a good half an hour. When they came back James said he helped Buckley through it. I bunked with James in his house for the night and we talked about a lot of things, including this Elaina of The Matchmakers. James wants to kill her, but he wants to understand why she does what she does. James, however, does not want any harm coming to any people of The Trust. I offered to help and was proposing a plan before Buckley came running in with a Winchester asking for ammo to shoot the “moonman”. I had the bullets for it and James and I assumed it meant he wanted to shoot the moon but this wasn’t the case. At all. Oh no. By “moonman” he meant Jimmy. Jimmy with the motorcycle helmet. I fucked up, bad. James knew how to handle the situation though. Told Buckley that you only shoot bad people, and Jimmy wasn’t a bad guy. Buckley then asked if good people go to heaven, in which Buckley aimed the gun on himself. That’s when James had to explain heaven and hell to Buckley and telling him that suicide was a sin. That stopped Buckley. Funny how we can still scare people with religion in times like these. But I’m glad it worked. We helped Buckley shoot at the bad “moonman” which was the actual moon. After that dreadful situation we went back to bed. I can’t sleep. I’m beating myself up over giving him those bullets. Hopefully Chief and Marshal don’t look at it as something it’s not. I dunno. I guess we will see.

Not too bad! Interested in seeing more

Kaleb    14

Not too bad! Interested in seeing more

Added entries #3 & #4. :)

Amazing work! Really can't wait to see more.

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys!

Kaleb    14

[video=youtube]

Entry #5

HELLO STANGER IF YOU FIND THIS NOTE IT MEANS YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT

I FOUND YOU IN A FIELD OMOST DEAD FROM BULLET WOUNDS BUT I FIXED YOU UP TAKE IT EASY FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS REST AND TRY NOT TO GET SHOT ANYMORE

SORRY ALITTLE DOCTOR HUMOR  ANYWAYS  BE KIND AND WISE

FROM SWEENEY DOCTOR OF THE NEW WASTE LAND

Entry #6

I have most certainly been taking it easy, doc. You found me at a bad time and I thank you for your selfless act. I have been wandering the forests and sleeping in hunting stands for a couple of days now. Not that I'm lost or that I'm hunting. The forest is peaceful. No monsters. Just me and nature. Henry David Thoreau once believed humans had a special connection to nature that we lost as we grew to become more and more industrialized. Henry decided to try to find this enlightenment in himself and the green lands around him when he left the industrial town of Concord, Massachusetts and built a cabin near Walden Pond. He lived alone and lived off the land for two years before returning back to society. He wrote about his spiritual journey in the groundbreaking novel "Walden". Henry David Thoreau found beauty between man and nature. I want to find that same tranquility.

I've been picking berries and drinking from the pond close to my tent. I lay down in the tall grass fields at night and watch the stars. What leads to a person becoming so cruel, I wonder? Is it the way in which they were born or simply the environment they were exposed to? The insane could have once been soft and thoughtful. But hate only spreads hate. Is it possible that anyone who becomes hateful in this new world is too far gone? Is there no treatment? It troubles me that the stars and forests don't sooth others like it can for me. I wonder this because I have killed my first man. A living, breathing, man. Doctor, I had met two good people. One was an old man with Alzheimer's. He didn't really know where he was. I had thoughts of taking care of him. We met another man and settled in for the night. These two Russians came out of nowhere. I ran and hid. They questioned the two other people and threatened their lives. I hid in the bush gripping my AK. I watched as they began taking the two out of town. I aimed and fired out of pure impulse. I hadn't realized I was shaking uncontrollably. The rest was a blur. A big firefight. I was hit. Unconscious. Woke up in the fields. 

Doctor, you saved me. I came back to where the fight had happened and found the Russian man dead. His blood stained his body. His hair was blonde but the blood made it a gross crimson. What was he feeling in his final moments? Relief of being rid of an unforgiving world, or regret that he had not lived a more full life with his short time on this planet? I may never know.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately,

to front only the essential facts of life,

and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not,

when I came to die,

discover that I had not lived." 

-Henry David Thoreau

[align=left]//Thanks neckrorazul for being amazing <3.