Server time: 2017-10-22, 03:08
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
DickSlide

DDOS Protection?

Question

DickSlide    250

Is there any chance we cant get DDOS protection for our servers?

Like how much can it cost for our servers to get DDOS protection?

Rolle pls respond...

73 answers to this question

Bruce    0

I'm not sure if that's even an option. If it is, it'd definitely be worth the extra money.

The community shouldn't be crippled because a few salty people.

Talked to admins, We do actually have DDos protection and Rolle is talking to them.

But imo they be sitting on their asses and doing nothing, The ddos protection that is.

Dew    432

I don't think you can get DDos protection for Dayz servers, at least I don't think you can.

zoyo    70

Rolle plz

I can only play pub for so long xD

iparodyall    15

Every time the servers fill up to 50 players, it gets DDOSed.

This asshole is just wasting his time, i seriously don't see the enjoyment in DDOSing a server, its not like he's actually proving anything.

Domi1991    1

This asshole is just wasting his time, i seriously don't see the enjoyment in DDOSing a server, its not like he's actually proving anything.

I guess he wants exactly this. Annoy ppl make them go nuts on the forum.

Sadly...

iparodyall    15

Sadly...

Funny thing is i'm not all that upset, i just have to live my life. He, on the other hand has to spend his time watching a server status and never getting to play on it.

Who's really missing out? ;)

DickSlide    250

Who's really missing out? :)

Uh alot of people are missing out chap.

Domi1991    1

Sadly...

Funny thing is i'm not all that upset, i just have to live my life. He, on the other hand has to spend his time watching a server status and never getting to play on it.

Who's really missing out? ;)

I don´t think he is sitting all day long in front of his computer watching the sever and laughing diabolic.

There are many programs out there who do the work for you.

Guest Niko_Kolelivian   
Guest Niko_Kolelivian

I hope he get's a virus.

iparodyall    15

Sure the program does the DDOS, but he's having to monitor the servers anyway.

He only attacks when the servers are getting full, he has a sleeping/busy schedule between 4:00am to 3:00pm my time. Only after this time do the servers stay DDOSed.

We aren't missing out on that much, RP is great but we aren't going to die without it.

Its a burden, but its one we'll have to accept unfortunately

Joules    274

Rolle pls, don't make me start having to pray to Dean Hall instead of El Presidente.

In all seriousness, if we gotta move to another provider then so be it. Anything to stop this madness as soon as possible.

RicePixel    0

He can try and save up and buy his own server rack and set up his own private server that runs 24/7 and buy a protection plan from various professional grade Mitigating services (but they can be costly). Also blocking IP addresses that are not from verified users so that that unwanted traffic gets denied. I am setting up my own personal homelab/private game server and looking into these kinds of services/methods to get a good understanding of whats involved but from what I can tell if the provider that ROLLE is with is not providing adequate service to cover DDOS he should look at other options that have a slightly better DDOS protection plan. http://www.techiecorner.com/96/limit-certain-ip-to-access-website-with-htaccess/ This link shows that blocking all IP addresses to a website is possible. http://www.pcgamer.com/why-are-ddos-attacks-so-hard-to-stop/ This article explains a little bit as to whats going on. But if its possible to run a private server and sift through ever verified player/users IP and allow them access and block all other traffic might work. That's just my thoughts on it but if it were this easy then it would have been fixed by now so its probably a larger beast then just blocking IP's and mitigating filters.

Ivan    0

Couldn't the server owner somehow see who's sending all the current packets in and simply tracert it back?

Rolle    2963

I'll be ordering a new server today which is with a new provider and new hive. That means that your characters won't transfer, but they offer at least some kind of DDoS protection.

I'll be ordering a new server today which is with a new provider and new hive. That means that your characters won't transfer, but they offer at least some kind of DDoS protection.

I crie now.

well that's nice.. another hive wipe by the time the summit event starts it'll just be fresh spawns won't it? asshole DDOS'ng cunt

well that's nice.. another hive wipe by the time the summit event starts it'll just be fresh spawns won't it? asshole DDOS'ng cunt

Mellstrom    21

I crie now.

spent the entire friday night gearing up with friends and now it will all go away, rip riders jacket crew.

Fucking dossers...

Rolle    2963

Scratch that, they don't have any available servers so you can't order one. RIP.

Mellstrom    21

Cant we just get rolles crib going up again?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Scratch that, they don't have any available servers so you can't order one. RIP.

Really pushing you for a new minecraft server ehh rolle?