Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:34

Sign in to follow this  
Komblo123

TP What to do when people steal

Komblo123    0

Alright, when you come up to the Trading Post and have a car, you honk and then drive it in. You choose a parking spot and then shut the gate. Someone tells you to come over to them to trade something.

Whilst you are there, you see a guy at your car and he clearly in the cars gear. And most of your stuff is in that car. Every second that goes by he takes another item.

What do you do? Do you tell him to put it back even though you don't know what he took, and he might as well say he didn't take anything. Do you shoot him, report him? What do you do in that situation?

Hades Juran    1

One thing to do is approach him and tell him to back away from the vehicle. Ask someone to watch him and do a quick check of the vehicle to see if anything is missing. If there is anything missing, give the person an oppurtunity to return the items. As stealing from the TP is a hostile action, you may be authorised in shooting the person if they absolutely refuse to return the items stolen. And yes, I know I am not an admin or mod in posting this, just going by the gist of what I have seen posted by mods and admins.

I'd advise you to shoot in the air/at the ground which stops them logging out the normal way as thieves usually log out straight away after they've got what they want.

Komblo123    0

But if it's a real mess in the car and you really don't know how much of everything is in there, he can easily hide something for himself. Should I just make a count and check everything in the car before I enter the TP zone? Thanks for the answers so far.

Tortov    0

TP is not a place for stealing, a hostile action

You may tell him to replace the items or he is liable to be killed, since stealing is a hostile action.

Goz    2

Stealing in TP is initiating a hostile action which is against the rules, if you are able to identify the thief correctly - just gun down the pest saying for crowd why he is being killed. Saying it out loud might save you the trouble of further explenations and possible death by 'angry mob'.

Of course, you must be sure of act of theft and you may try to make him return the gear.

If person logs out with gear,you succeed with killing him or he returned the gear but you feel it's not enough - you may always fill in report about his actions.

But best way of dealing with such things is prevention, don't walk away too far from vehicle, watch out for pathethic bag/gear checkers and tell them to step away if neccesery.

Komblo123    0

Stealing in TP is initiating a hostile action which is against the rules, if you are able to identify the thief correctly - just gun down the pest saying for crowd why he is being killed. Saying it out loud might save you the trouble of further explenations and possible death by 'angry mob'.

Of course, you must be sure of act of theft and you may try to make him return the gear.

If person logs out with gear,you succeed with killing him or he returned the gear but you feel it's not enough - you may always fill in report about his actions.

But best way of dealing with such things is prevention, don't walk away too far from vehicle, watch out for pathethic bag/gear checkers and tell them to step away if neccesery.

Alright, i'll do that. My car is stolen anyway but next time I find one, I will keep this in mind