Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:59

Sign in to follow this  
Red

Youtube advice.

Red    138

Hello guys,

I recently restarted my Youtube channel due to the fact that I couldn't change the url anymore as it wasn't relevant to the videos that I was uploading. (redsplaythroughs)

Anyways, with this channel I am planning to focus more on competitive gaming. Giving tips tricks and making tutorial videos on how to be a better competitve player.

I am looking to branch out to other things.

The questions that I would like to ask are:

- What are you doing as a Youtuber to gain more subscribers?

- How do you actively interact with your viewers?

- What tips can you give me to make a succesful channel?

Posting my channel down below as reference:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzeXttPZQqq4lpoj_At8pUA

Kind Regards,

Red.

- What are you doing as a Youtuber to gain more subscribers? Post your videos onto an appropriate Reddit thread

- How do you actively interact with your viewers? Get Twitter, always have a link in the video bio (Create a template you can copy & paste)

- What tips can you give me to make a successful channel? Be original

Red    138

- What are you doing as a Youtuber to gain more subscribers? Post your videos onto an appropriate Reddit thread

- How do you actively interact with your viewers? Get Twitter, always have a link in the video bio (Create a template you can copy & paste)

I am not really reddit savvy. People can just post video's on sub reddits or something? I never thought about that actually.

I am not really reddit savvy. People can just post video's on sub reddits or something? I never thought about that actually.

Reddit is really simple to use, seeing your channel I assume you're going for CS:GO. Here is the thread that you can post your video on, people will see it and watch it, if they like then they'll subscribe. I used to post GTAV videos on the GTAV thread and I would get 400-500 views. 

You will want to choose a good title, short but direct so people people will know exactly what they're clicking on.

Don't try to hard.. I mean try hard but don't try hard... I find it annoying when watching youtube and they beg pretty much for subs, If you do good videos they come naturally. Keep an eye on what's "hot" on twitch I guess? If a game has a shitload of views on twitch I'm sure you would get alot of views via youtube.

Oliv    1552

Grow tits.

If, like myself, you are unable to grow tits, then I recomend the following:

Already said, but be original.

If possible, work with outher youtubers. Nothing wrong with a little cross promotion.

Most other tips i could suggest have already been mentioned.

• No dubstep/EDM intro with 3D rendered text
  • Release content consistently
  • Pick a niche (humourous videos or informative videos etc.)
  • Ignore actively acknowledging your ego (unless it is your niche)
  • Have a personality and some showmanship
  • Keep videos succinct and frank (for example if your video is of you killing a squad of players in DayZ, cut to the good shit)
  • Seek objective feedback from people you trust (Hollow compliments, pleasantries, virile trolling do not help)

Study your competition:

If you're being informative; how are your videos different or better than 2kliksphillip/3kliksphillip, WarOwl or even Josh Nissan?

If you're going for humour; how are your videos different to poNder/m0e etc.

For example - you make a video talking about the r8 - but objectively speaking Red; who are you? You are an ESEA player who is an unknown. You don't have any criteria that makes your video stand above an interview or video from professional players or other analytical channels.

I've recently taken to watching Josh Nissan/Steel's videos for information, here's why:

1. He's entertaining (His tutorial series used to introduce himself with "WHAT THE FUCK - IS A POP FLASH" etc.
  2. He is/was a pro player (credibility established - as far as understanding the game)

My advice; Find a way you can discuss mechanics and gameplay that is different to others - or just go for humour/entertaining content.

Roach    1536

Most people said what you need to do here Red.

My additional advice, yeah yeah Twitter & Reddit may help but BEST of all REPLY TO YOUR COMMENTS!

If there's one thing that annoys most people (including myself) is the OP never replies.

I don't use Reddit, and only have 38 followers on Twitter, yet I never relied on that for more views and subs.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingRoachEntertainmentVideos

All I did was be active on Youtube (Comments on everything and uploads once a week). I imagine if I use Reddit I may get a tad bit more views but people on reddit are usually dicks I noticed... so... Posting there if you're unpopular will only get you dislikes and a bunch of trolls thinking they're better than you. But hey give it a try anyways. But I doubt it will be what makes you famous to be honest.

However it is recommended to share your work ANYWHERE you can to grab the attention of others.

Spam Relevant Facebook pages, Reddit, Twitter as others said, heck even here in Off-Topic. But for the love of your god, be active on Youtube ;)

TL;DR: Reply to every comment on youtube that you can. Keep uploading videos like once a week at least!

• No dubstep/EDM intro with 3D rendered text

I cannot +1 this enough.

An obvious one is to have outstanding audio quality.

I honestly don't care if a YouTuber has the knowledge or skill on how whatever they want to base their channel around.

If they play games in an entertaining manor, as well as having high audio quality (static or that buzzing sound is a major turn off for a lot of people) then you will slowly gain viewers. High quality content is what keeps people interested so try new edit techniques, experiment and be yourself.

Ultimately, make sure you're having fun when you are making content. If you aren't enjoying yourself, why the hell would you do it?

I despise live streamers and youtubers that are obviously fake as fuck.  But other than that just git gud at editing.  If it is a tutorial then do not make the video too long.  It should be fast and informative.  Create playlists for relatable tutorials and make a snazzy thumbnail.  For each topic I would have the same thumbnail just labeled with a different title in the jpeg.  That way people know its a series of tutorials or some shit.

But remember.

Git gud at editing.

Oh yeah, have a good mic or don't even bother.

Spartan    1003

Post your videos on facebook/twitter/reddit and what else. I have a facebook page I use to connect with the subscribers and I try to reply to every comment (if they are in English :D ). My channel almost reached the 16.000 subs and what I did from the beginning is ask what people want to see and post it in the comments. You can make a screenshot of the comment and put it in the beginning.

Also, make an attractive thumbnail and intro so people reconize you. Be orginal, make people remember you.

Nihoolious    1106

When I do upload, I try to accomplish a few things with my videos:

Share to relevant sites. Reddit, forums, etc related to your content is probably the easiest way to get your content out there.

Upload at the right times. This is more important than you think. If you are doing a video about new content in a game, you want to upload as soon as it comes out.

-Thumbnail: The thumbnail is the first thing that everyone sees when they see your video. So, make it interesting.

-Title: The title tells a lot about the video and what the viewers are to expect.

-Have fun: No point in doing it, if you aren't have fun.

These are my tips. There ya go.

Tewudin    44

Everyone mostly explained everything to you but I just want to add that you should definitely try to do something thay you really like and in what you're good at. There isn't much sense in doing something that won't make you satisfy. I, for example, am doing the same thing over and over again but then I really enjoy it and it's over 3-4 years since I started. :P

P.S I just relized that I've never used any of the advices that were posted here. (no twitter, reddit etc.). I'm only active on YouTube with comments and everything.

Red    138

Alternatively, what would a good website to get some decent intro songs from? Royalty free of course.

I am looking for something similiar to this: