Server time: 2017-08-21, 21:50

Sign in to follow this  
zoyo

Horde vs Grenade

zoyo    66

So Zombies are back in, and they are EVERYWHERE! Seriously I missed fighting them so much, and I think they have them just right now. Not too hard to kill, they're not too strong (individually), there are lots of em', and they wont agro onto you from 2 kilometers away. One thing that I learned quickly after playing on some public servers, these things are crazy strong when they team up on you.

I had managed to kill a group of similar size to the one in this video with a PM63 and P1 pistol, but not without losing a good ammount of blood, and ammo. Which leades me to ask, what will be the best way to take care of large groups like these? Obviously if you are with a bunch of friends it wouldnt be too hard... but what if you're solo, like I was in this situation. Grenades are one thing that dont seem to be in short supply this patch, is this the best way to take out hordes? Do you agree? How would you take care of these zombies? Let me know what you think! :D

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1wpzgm7z5Y&feature=youtu.be

Good stuff. I am really happy with the new update! Yay!

Alex    451

+1

Glad to see Zombies are back in. 

It's actually Day... with the Z...

Z stands for Zero, Day Zero of the apocalpyse..

the rumors were right, the dead has returned. and now they are Russian, more willing to banzai charge at you then the chernarussian ones. must be the vodka

+1

Glad to see Zombies are back in. 

It's actually Day... with the Z...

Actually the Z doesn't stand for zombie m8

Rolle    2456

I ran through 3 small villages yesterday (Kamyshovo - Msta - Staroye) and I haven't seen a single zombie. If they are only spawning in big cities then that sucks.

Joules    229

It appears it's only in the "big" cities, but just looting around the areas I've seen probably 30 since the patch came out. I've killed a handful. It's been the most fun I've had looting in a very long time.

re gearing used to be a chore, but this doesn't bother me that much... except I need my clothes.

Anyway I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy taking out the infected with a grenade. I doubt there is nothing more satisfying.

DerrickStorm    34

Isn't Z meant as "S"? Days - how many days can you actually survive? 

There's gonna be a lot of reports due to grenedas if people won't be smart while using them against zombies.

Divinity    2

This is going to make gameplay alot more immersive in so many ways.

No more groveling over petty words between survivors when the weight of a horde is upon you; and stealth will now become you friend. To often in the last update did I see players running in large groups through city streets, empty handed, with no worries in the world. Now we'll have some expansive potential for quality RP, and allows breaks in the passive for action.

We'll see how my skills fair!

I ran through 3 small villages yesterday (Kamyshovo - Msta - Staroye) and I haven't seen a single zombie. If they are only spawning in big cities then that sucks.

What a shame :/ I was hoping for scenarios when you are looting a small village and then you're getting attacked by a small horde of infected farmers and villagers :(

Alex    451

What a shame :/ I was hoping for scenarios when you are looting a small village and then you're getting attacked by a small horde of infected farmers and villagers :(

Idk about that, I've seen a few around. I got some decent stealth tactics down xD, I just sneak around them and stun baton to the head. 

In smaller towns I see about a dozen all spread out, but in places like Stary, Severo, Elektro and Berezino, there can be over 50, in one huge horde, one time in Elektro on experimental we had 80.

zoyo    66

Yea, it seems right now most of the time zombies are in high concentration in Large towns / cities and places that spawn military loot. However I've still come across a couple zombies in small towns and was even randomly attacked in the middle of a forest a couple of times.

Grenades are always the best solution to killing off those pesky infected.

zoyo    66

Grenades are always the best solution to killing off those pesky infected.

That's what I'm saying man! Haha :)

Whatever works, I found like 10 grenades at Myshkino tents the other day.

I'll definitely want to throw grenades after zombies now :)

Ellie    335

This is fantastic! I so want to try this out now :D Hopefully not by a hoard of 10 like yours, but still..

zoyo    66

This is fantastic! I so want to try this out now :D Hopefully not by a hoard of 10 like yours, but still..

I was honestly hoping there would be more when I went to do this. I saw like 20ish at this base when I was on another server.

Just remember to pull the pin, you can ask SarcasticSurgeon about that.

zoyo    66

Just remember to pull the pin, you can ask SarcasticSurgeon about that.

...Why? Just...Why? 

Never forget to pull the pin. It is the thing that makes it go boom.

Haha, thanks for the tip man.

I wont forget! :D

Apache    21

When you pulled the pin on the grenade, an option came up that said "Pin Grenade"... Am I mistaken or does that let you put the pin back into the grenade? 

Because IRL once you pull the pin you can't just stick that shit back in there, once it comes out its out for good and you gotta hold down that spoon or you won't be standing for much longer.

zoyo    66

When you pulled the pin on the grenade, an option came up that said "Pin Grenade"... Am I mistaken or does that let you put the pin back into the grenade? 

Because IRL once you pull the pin you can't just stick that shit back in there, once it comes out its out for good and you gotta hold down that spoon or you won't be standing for much longer.

Wow, you're right I didn't notice that! :o

I have a bunch of grenades on pub so I'll have to test that theory... I'll probably blow myself up in the process but... its for science! :D

Apache    21

Wow, you're right I didn't notice that! :o

I have a bunch of grenades on pub so I'll have to test that theory... I'll probably blow myself up in the process but... its for science! :D

Haha lemme know how it goes!