Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Gina

Group balance

Gina    26

Since I've been playing now with Chernarussian group, I have started to notice and think about it more. About the fact that there isn't many Chernarussian groups around. 

I made a quick overlook about the current Official groups and Group ideas and only about 20% are somewhat Chernarussian groups. It doesn't really make any sense, at least not for me. Where are all the local people? Why only foreigners were able to survive from the outbreak with so many numbers? Why in the earth there were so many foreigners in this country in first place?

Now, I know some people are gonna cry and say that they can play what ever they want and I agree. I am not suggesting that players should be "forced" to play Chernarussians, but I am suggesting that the groups should be more balanced between foreigner and local groups.

What do you guys think about this? :)

Heroz_Nick    21

One brainstorming idea, foreigners are more open to other foreigners thus excluding the need for violence.

Spartan    1230

My Chernarussian character Sara always says that the foreigners who were in Chernarus were hiding in their houses or in the forest while the Chernarussians fought to preserver their beautifull country. Thats why more Chernarussians died and foreigners lived according to her..

Rory    1560

It hasn't ever bothered me :D

It's just that people prefer playing it safe I guess.Don't want to bother doing the accent,learning a few words in foreign language and having to know the history of said country so they don't screw up.

Glory to ZBOR 

One brainstorming idea, foreigners are more open to other foreigners thus excluding the need for violence.

Who said all chernarussians are hostile towards non-chernarussians?It's been like this in the server perhaps until now,but realistically it won't be like that.And this is coming from an eastern european,I assure you nobody cares if you are a foreigner over here(with minor exceptions ofc)

Well, some groups aren't specifically specialized on which ethnicity there is. I see a few groups that don't really specify, only a few groups like ZBOR and Forsaken are groups which specialize in being "Chernarussian". Nothing more really, there are groups with multiple ethnicities.

Gina    26

It's just that people prefer playing it safe I guess.Don't want to bother doing the accent,learning a few words in foreign language and having to know the history of said country so they don't screw up.

I guess so, but they still need to bother with believable story about how they got here... Lately it's been like "Ohh I was on vacation and then 'it' happened". So no more plane or heli crashes so much ;)

Jannik    0

It is actually strange maybe it's because people can not do a Chernarussian accent. I know that's why I do not have a Chernarussian character

Oliv    1881

Apparently the Chernarussians taste better?

Although I agree with you, it is something impossible to impose on people. I personally don't think my Chernarussian would be any good, so I play what I know. I'd rather be a better foreign character than a crap local character. I'm just looking out for your RP experience.

I did make the effort to at least have a European character. My character's home town is approximately 3000 km away from CHernarus.

I guess so, but they still need to bother with believable story about how they got here... Lately it's been like "Ohh I was on vacation and then 'it' happened". So no more plane or heli crashes so much ;)

I've met so many people who think of a story of how they got to Chernarus on the spot.Some people don't seem to take the story into consideration I guess.

johnm5425    2

Personally staying away from a Chernarussian character because I'd butcher the accent.

Chernarus isn't a real country so you can be somewhat creative when it comes to the accent.Sure we know it's similar to the Czech Republic,but that doesn't mean it's the same thing.Whatever accent you do as long as it sounds atleast remotely slavic is fine in my book(except the trolly ones ofc)

Oliv    1881

Well, some groups aren't specifically specialized on which ethnicity there is. I see a few groups that don't really specify, only a few groups like ZBOR and Forsaken are groups which specialize in being "Chernarussian". Nothing more really, there are groups with multiple ethnicities.

You're right, Zbor hates foreign scum! ;)

In the beginning you were essentially limited to being a civilian, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

johnm5425    2

Chernarus isn't a real country so you can be somewhat creative when it comes to the accent.Sure we know it's similar to the Czech Republic,but that doesn't mean it's the same thing.Whatever accent you do as long as it sounds atleast remotely slavic is fine in my book(except the trolly ones ofc)

I suppose, might look into it a bit more, maybe try out a Chernarussian alt.

But in terms of the thread I think just more Chernarussian characters would be good, have them mixed in with the groups.

DarkStyle    45

People who say that they cant do the accent. Like said before. Its not a real country. And i got told once when i started playing real Chernarussian chars. "Best Chernarussian accent is the bad one. It has to sound as fake as possible." So it doesnt have to be spot on. So do some sort of eastren europe accent. If its bad. Well, good job :D.

GaryCash    33

Playing devil's advocate here, it does make some sense slightly that the ground zero of the infection would have a more diverse population as other countries around the world would send in aid and researchers to try to understand and quarantine the virus stopping the problem at the stem.

That explains the immense presence of foreigners in the form military and medical officials at least to an extent... Though I understand completely the point you are making.

Clumsy    226

I actually play a half Chernarussian character only due to the fact that I really can't do the accent. I did however spend weeks learning words and phrases that I could use IG. Kind of how I am in RL. I have Polish in me and I can not speak a lick of it but being around my grandmother I know some words that come out from time to time. I figured that would be a really good feature to have in my character. Where she couldn't speak it fluently, didn't have the accent due to being raised in America, but was around her family enough to know words and phrases to communicate with them. It's worked so far xD

Emile    98

Personally staying away from a Chernarussian character because I'd butcher the accent.

When I started playing my Chernarussian character he sounded terrible. So i spent less than an hour watching FPSRussia's videos and now I think that it is... tolerable 

Sounds stupid but it works! :)

Heroz_Nick    21

Who said all chernarussians are hostile towards non-chernarussians?It's been like this in the server perhaps until now,but realistically it won't be like that.And this is coming from an eastern european,I assure you nobody cares if you are a foreigner over here(with minor exceptions ofc)

stating a known fact backed up by opinions and evidence not saying "all" certain people think like that, but it happens as you know.

Oyface    342

And some of us simply can't. I've tried to learn to do accents, but I've never gotten the hang of it. So, I'd rather play a foreigner, than a local with a broken accent. :)

And some of us simply can't. I've tried to learn to do accents, but I've never gotten the hang of it. So, I'd rather play a foreigner, than a local with a broken accent. :)

You can't force yourself to learn it,it gets better as you go with it.I remember when I started doing it,it was sooo terrible(not saying it's brilliant now),but it got somewhat better.Plus honestly nobody would care if the accent is shit,IMO it's part of the whole thing for it to be bad.

Gina    26

Well, I get it that people are worried about their accents and what not, but this thread was more about the groups than "forcing" people to play Chernarussian characters ;)

I mean surely it will affect some on people's characters also if there isn't almost only foreign groups anymore, but I still think it should be more balanced from what it is now (20/80). Perhaps if there was more "local" groups, it will encourage people to actually try and create Chernarussian character :)

Brad    158

Chernarussian groups can also include people who weren't born in Chernarus but have lived there for a while, not necessarily an accent needes.

Hopefully some more residents show up.

DeeBlack    310

Zbor took em all.

+1, yes.... yes we did.