Server time: 2017-10-23, 02:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CharlesTravesty

So, anyone from the old days?

Hello all. 

I've been gone for.. a year? Maybe two at this point.. Are there any of the old players who remember RoF or any of the old groups? If so, I'm curious of how things have been for you since then. For the people who don't know me.. Hey! I've been around here for a long, long time now.. Even if not directly involved!

taac    10

i remember SDS but that's kind it. and i took a year off too

Samaritan    348

Wow an OG 2012'er. Welcome back. There are still a few 2012'ers and 2013'ers hanging around.

Although I would love to play again, the application that I've had to go through 3 times has become to much for me to have to do again. It was fun, and I would love to play again, but writing out my character story I've written twice before is just something I don't think I can go through again.

To those who play on, I applaud you and wish you the best with your journey's.

Vapor    0

Although I would love to play again, the application that I've had to go through 3 times has become to much for me to have to do again. It was fun, and I would love to play again, but writing out my character story I've written twice before is just something I don't think I can go through again.

The application process is a lot easier and simpler to do.

If you need help writing a character backstory I will gladly help ya. ;)

My creativity has taken a shot in the heart, and I just want something simple. I'm Canadian, I want to be Canadian. I essentially want to roleplay myself, but in this post-apocalyptic world. That's always been the immersive and fun part about DayZRP for me.

Vapor    0

My creativity has taken a shot in the heart, and I just want something simple. I'm Canadian, I want to be Canadian. I essentially want to roleplay myself, but in this post-apocalyptic world. That's always been the immersive and fun part about DayZRP for me.

Hey. Still not too late to play a Canadian. There are plenty of different kinds of characters that you can play. We are already a year into the apocalypse, so that means the infection has surely made its way around the world.

Story: You were a researcher from Canada's finest school (none) and you were sent here with the rest of the medical researchers and health units to come and see the reason for the outbreak. done. :P

I played a Canadian character when I first started. That was in January. So... I believe it to be possible to be Canadian, you just need a good story. :D

Prince    119

Am I OG enough? no...ok....

Divinity    2

Welcome back!

I wouldn't count myself as an original member of the DayZRP community; but its good to see a veteran back in the midst of things! Like the others said, there are plenty of oppurtunities to explore as any sort of character you want to play; even if it is yourself. If you need help writing a backstory, or need ideas to flesh out the details, I'd be more then willing to help out!

Shoot me a PM on the forums if you need me, or poke one of the Community Helpers-- they don't bite.

Hessian    11

Been here since 2012. Most of my memories are of being a member of the EMS fighting alongside TOR in Chernogorsk against the ZC and SDS. Memories....

It was good fun being a member of EMS. Basically had diplomatic immunity in Chernarus. Used to identify myself as a member of the EMS when bandits initiated me and they'd let me leave. These days, I can't step one foot forward without having 30 gun barrels aimed at me with people asking for every last damn thing in my possession.

(Rolle spotted viewing this thread @ 12:37PM AEST, 12/12/2015) :^)

And to this day, I still don't even know what OG stands for....

Dunno if i count as OG, but i've been here since 2013 in September. Probably not as special as a 2012'er, but i remember my fair share of old groups. IRA, for example and RSM.

Chris    63

Been here since 2012. Most of my memories are of being a member of the EMS fighting alongside TOR in Chernogorsk against the ZC and SDS. Memories....

It was good fun being a member of EMS. Basically had diplomatic immunity in Chernarus. Used to identify myself as a member of the EMS when bandits initiated me and they'd let me leave. These days, I can't step one foot forward without having 30 gun barrels aimed at me with people asking for every last damn thing in my possession.

(Rolle spotted viewing this thread @ 12:37PM AEST, 12/12/2015) :^)

And to this day, I still don't even know what OG stands for....

Dat nostalgia tho....

:tor:

Hessian    11

Dat nostalgia tho....

:tor:

They were the best of times. Even when Jamie flew the plane carrying 12 EMS/TOR members straight into the side of the mountain. Suffice it to say, the Outpost didn't get the reinforcements it needed. :')