Server time: 2017-08-17, 17:40

Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

KoS rights with a truck

Question

Dusty    1022

Just a quick question, as I'm not sure what the rules are regarding settlements. 

So, last night in New Paris, some monkeys stole some of the tires and the gas can off of my truck that was parked next to our house in New Paris. I know if I were to witness someone stealing from my camp, that I'd have to initiate because they'd have no idea it's mine. However, the truck is parked in a known settlement, with many many people around the house it's parked by. If I were to see someone stealing the tires or items out of my truck, would I have KoS rights if we were in a settlement like New Paris?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Samaritan    247

I do believe that if someone steals your property (bits off your truck) then you gain KoS rights but only if you witness it.

Jamie    1173

Because the truck was to be parked inside a settlement filled with people then the "thieves" belong to someone. If they were to steal the tire and you witnessed it, you would indeed have KOS rights. But it's advised that you initiate just so it can't be seen as rule play and so you don't mis-id someone. 

It is encouraged to initiate so you can attempt to follow the RP forwards. You should always use KOS rights as a last resort.

Dusty    1022

Because the truck was to be parked inside a settlement filled with people then the "thieves" belong to someone. If they were to steal the tire and you witnessed it, you would indeed have KOS rights. But it's advised that you initiate just so it can't be seen as rule play and so you don't mis-id someone. 

It is encouraged to initiate so you can attempt to follow the RP forwards. You should always use KOS rights as a last resort.

Thanks for the quick answer!

Jamie    1173

Just remember that you cannot use these rules to bait people. If you park your vehicle in the middle of Kabanino and leave your M4 in it, you can easily expect someone to take it. Also works with people taking tires, someone may take your tires just so you initiate on them and have their sniper shoot you in the head. Take these points into consideration.

Glad you got your answer.

Marking as /Solved.