Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:14
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Franko

Groups

Question

Franko    31

Brief question.

Why is it taking so long for groups to become official?

I'm pretty sure it never used to take this long.

13 answers to this question

Defiance    96

It took my group three or four months to get approved. Seems normal to me. :P

Sean    25

Looking for new Loremasters is going to delay the process I guess.

Clumsy    226

Every group needs to be looked over by the Loremasters. Due to two of them being in different timezones I'm going

to assume that, along with their other duties, will slow down the process. Also judging by the current group ideas most

of them are still WIPs which means they are not ready for review. That is simply my point of view on this. I think a comment from

one of the LoreMasters may put a better perspective on the question. 

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

I guess that's to blame on the lack of 2 extra loremasters.

And maybe some groups need more time to be reviewed compared to others I guess...

Joules    274

I personally can't comment too much about how long it takes for the approval of groups, because two of the three groups I have started/cofounded were approved within two weeks (Pinewood was like four days) and the other never made it to approval. The one that didn't make it to approval had it's downfall attributed to the length of time it took for the Lore Masters at that time to come to a decision, and it caused two of my most active members to bounce on me, leaving me no choice but to archive.

I suppose with the recent loss of one of the Lore Masters, and the search for two more on going, it would probably take longer than usual for the approval of groups. That and I've noticed some groups that should be getting more applicants, have been sitting in group ideas for some time.

I'm sure the situation will be resolved soon™.

Aurora Sky    28

Brief question.

Why is it taking so long for groups to become official?

I'm pretty sure it never used to take this long.

I will answer this as best as I can. The LM team does more than just approving groups we have a list of other tasks that we must also do as well as playing IG with groups we will get to your group when we can, also it should be noted that flooding the LMs with Pokes and PMs will NOT make us approve your group any faster, in fact it will cause your group to be archived for harassing the Loremasters. I have talked to the OP of your group and we will be continuing to do so. I hope this helps.

Clumsy    226

With the official statement from a Loremaster themselves I will go ahead and /Solve this.

Leaving it open just incase the other Loremaster wishes to post his POV.

I will put in my POV as well considering I am one of the two LoreMasters. 

We handle multiple tasks and jobs in this community, not just Group Approval and Review. When it comes to groups we also look over your actual roleplay in game as well as the thread, and there is a couple of certain things a group has to have, to be accepted. Other tasks include, writing and updating the lore, as you may have heard on the Q&A there is currently 2 projects the LM team is working on, which is the "Apocalypse Lore" and "The Book of Chernarus" containing everything that a wikipedia page would about the country. Also we have to review events, think of new ideas for new Lore Events, progress the lore as well as get up to date with it, and of course general assistance to the community. And remember that there is several groups and they all go through a detailed review. As well as providing assistance to group ideas.

We have also implemented a "10-day grace period" back in September. Meaning a group idea, when it's launched is on a 10-day grace period in which it won't be accepted, of course if everything is going smooth and fine, the shortest amount of time a group would be accepted is between 10-15 days of it's launch. If there is a certain issue of course we have to discuss it and come up with a decision at some point or the other.

Now the part I'm sure you are somewhat aware of, which is our schedules. One of the LoreMaster is EU whilst the other one is NA, making it fairly difficult for us to work to our full potential. We only have so much time each day to discuss certain things, and on the weekends, we have even less time, or it conflicts with our schedules when we want to go in-game and RP as well. Which brings up the last point, we have our IRL duties, other forum duties, and of course we like to relax and go IG as well, on the weekends is where this schedule gets very conflicting, as I can work during the day and during the evening I have to do other things, whether that is IRL or RP related, whilst Aurora can not work during the day (Server Time) due to her reasons, and she comes online in my evenings during the weekend.

I hope this clears up anything that you might have wondered about.

Mental    0

Tomeran got groups sorted much quicker by himself from my PoV, while organising events and writing lore.

I was told by Shark in this thread that groups have to be [Active] for at least 10 days before getting reviewed to make sure they are active and following goals.

Edit: maybe i should have read flash's pragraph before posting...

Mental    0

The one that didn't make it to approval had it's downfall attributed to the length of time it took for the Lore Masters at that time to come to a decision, and it caused two of my most active members to bounce on me, leaving me no choice but to archive.

This is probably the biggest issue with wait times. You're in game, your thread is done, but the group is not getting reviewed and in frustration, people start leaving and thats when groups just get archived.

Maybe the staff/LM's need to think about that.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]The one that didn't make it to approval had it's downfall attributed to the length of time it took for the Lore Masters at that time to come to a decision, and it caused two of my most active members to bounce on me, leaving me no choice but to archive. 

[align=justify]This is probably the biggest issue with wait times. You're in game, your thread is done, but the group is not getting reviewed and in frustration, people start leaving and thats when groups just get archived.

[align=justify]Maybe the staff/LM's need to think about that.

[align=justify]Is it really that important for a group to be approved, that people will quit it if it takes to long? That's what I have noticed about the groups. Constant change - every few weeks a new group appears but when you go through the members it's the same backbone as before. If you're IG, thread is done and you're having fun doing/RP the group than what is there else so important to achieve? Yes, when you become official there are some minor rule changes when it comes to sharing KOS. If people are quiting the group and the only reason is a long time to get approved by Lore Masters, maybe the idea itself wasn't that good to make people stick around for a longer period of time? I don't think staff is doing anything wrong right now.

[align=justify]p.s This post is not directed at any particular group or the groups of people I've quoted. This is just an opinion about the importance of becoming Official and how the official status affects the people in a group.

Mental    0

[align=justify]The one that didn't make it to approval had it's downfall attributed to the length of time it took for the Lore Masters at that time to come to a decision, and it caused two of my most active members to bounce on me, leaving me no choice but to archive. 

[align=justify]This is probably the biggest issue with wait times. You're in game, your thread is done, but the group is not getting reviewed and in frustration, people start leaving and thats when groups just get archived.

[align=justify]Maybe the staff/LM's need to think about that.

[align=justify]Is it really that important for a group to be approved, that people will quit it if it takes to long? That's what I have noticed about the groups. Constant change - every few weeks a new group appears but when you go through the members it's the same backbone as before. If you're IG, thread is done and you're having fun doing/RP the group than what is there else so important to achieve? Yes, when you become official there are some minor rule changes when it comes to sharing KOS. If people are quiting the group and the only reason is a long time to get approved by Lore Masters, maybe the idea itself wasn't that good to make people stick around for a longer period of time? I don't think staff is doing anything wrong right now.

[align=justify]p.s This post is not directed at any particular group or the groups of people I've quoted. This is just an opinion about the importance of becoming Official and how the official status affects the people in a group.

Its kinda irritating when you have to wait a while for approval when there's groups that are [W.I.P] getting reviewed while some of the [Active] groups have NO LM feedback whatsoever.