Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:02
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
TheTrueHawk

Group Name That is Known From Game

Question

TheTrueHawk    29

So, if anyone is a fan of the Borderlands series, they should know Hyperion. I was wondering if I could use this name; so I did some research.

Turns out that it is also Greek Mythology, there's a few books called it, also. 

I was wondering, because it is Greek Mythology and a book, could I use such name as a Company group name?

9 answers to this question

Brad    158

I would say avoid it.  Basing your group off Hyperion is ok (just don't copy word for word what they are), but the name is too close to the Borderlands game for comfort.

Samaritan    344

Historically people have used group names that are already used in different games/tv/film etc. As long as your Lore fits I don't see as being an issue but I think that others might. You can use the idea that you were working on but try to come up with an original name.

TheTrueHawk    29

I would say avoid it.  Basing your group off Hyperion is ok (just don't copy word for word what they are), but the name is too close to the Borderlands game for comfort.

The only thing that would be copied is the name. Hyperion Corp.

Brad    158

The only thing that would be copied is the name. Hyperion Corp.

Yeah I just think it would be extremely easy for you to come up with an original name,  LeBlanc Corp.  Blake Corp.  Whatever you like.  HyperTriton.  It just shouldn't be the same name.  

You are more than welcome to name it that but I would imagine the comments on your thread would ask you to change it.

Prince    118

I wouldn't do it. Try to be more creative with your name. Search through some old books or something to find a unique name for a group instead of copying it from another source.

Roman    0

There's so many other names you can chose from.

Try making up your own name and be creative with it.

Then surely it would be more personal for you.

Storm    215

When coming up with a group name, its always best to keep it original and unique. People have used group names from games and known history in the past, and people don't like it much. You could always use a name that sounds similar.

With all the above, do you feel like your question has been answered?