Server time: 2017-08-23, 04:27

Sign in to follow this  

Loremaster suggestion

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Looking-for-LoreMasters

With this change, we are now on the look out for not one but two new Loremasters. One from the US timezone and another from the EU timezone.

29ff833b5a.png

You guys are looking for two more Loremasters. While I think that you guys should be looking for three more Loremasters. Why? Because, people are people and they disagree and agree with each other. Having an even amount of Loremasters results in that problem, where two go one way and the other two go the other way.

I know when the Loremaster position first came back, there was only two of them. But, during that time there wasn't a whole lot going on lore wise. Just mainly group approvals and the such.

I am suggesting that you seek out one more Loremasters to break the tie.

Also, I know the admins have a say on the matter of groups, but the thing is, that is not their position anymore. They shouldn't have a say whether a group should be approved or not. It should left to the Loremasters. The people that were recruited to do the job. Having 5 Loremasters will make all the difference in the long run and when it comes to debate there won't be a even vote. There will be a tie breaker.

The admin team have plenty on their plate and I don't think they need to be getting involved with group approvals anymore. The reason I say the admins shouldn't have a say, is well, because they picked these people to do the job. They should believe in these people's choices, rather than hold their hand.

This is just something I thought of and wanted to suggest.

While it is a valid concern in regards to having split decisions on most things, our Loremaster team is very good with the way they handle discussions. They compare ideas, they compromise and they come to a decision that everyone agrees on. While it seems logical to have 5 Loremasters, it is not something that we would be looking into at this point in time.

Our main reasoning for going with 4 Loremasters was due to Timezones and the way that our previous team of three often had difficulties in working consistently. We hope that with 4, and having 2 in each prime timezone, we will be able to work much more efficiently.

What Sung said.

Also, if the LM's ever need a tie breaker they have the admin team at their disposal.

The LM's are pretty much self going with a bit of help of the admins at times.

They approve all groups and it's only if there's a controversial group that the admins might help out.

But most of the time we let them do their job.

Just to continue the admin train... choo choo.

They shouldn't have a say whether a group should be approved or not.

The admin team have plenty on their plate and I don't think they need to be getting involved with group approvals anymore.

I wholly disagree with that statement. Saying we should not have a say in what groups get approved isn't exactly what we aim for. While yes, we do trust the loremaster team to go about their given tasks, the admin team also have to keep everything else in mind, not just that a group follows the lore and sticks to their goals. This is much the same as saying we shouldn't do GM work because we have things to do elsewhere. While that's true that we do have quite a workload at times, that does not bar us from helping in other areas when we do not, LM work incldued. On top of this, I think we can all agree that a smaller, tight-knit team is better than a larger team. Five LMs seems excessive, in my opinion.

Alright. Thanks for the responses.

Just to continue the admin train... choo choo.

They shouldn't have a say whether a group should be approved or not.

The admin team have plenty on their plate and I don't think they need to be getting involved with group approvals anymore.

I wholly disagree with that statement. Saying we should not have a say in what groups get approved isn't exactly what we aim for. While yes, we do trust the loremaster team to go about their given tasks, the admin team also have to keep everything else in mind, not just that a group follows the lore and sticks to their goals. This is much the same as saying we shouldn't do GM work because we have things to do elsewhere. While that's true that we do have quite a workload at times, that does not bar us from helping in other areas when we do not, LM work incldued. On top of this, I think we can all agree that a smaller, tight-knit team is better than a larger team. Five LMs seems excessive, in my opinion.

Well there is a fine line between GM work and Loremaster work. I am not saying that this is to divide staff from helping and working together. I am just saying that the Loremasters have a different role than the rest of the staff team. I just think the Loremasters should be allowed to use their own judgement, but get guidance from the admin team.

5 is not excessive. The Lore is a story that is continually being told everyday that we play. To be honest I think that it is perfect. With the amount of writing that needs to be done and the amount of work to put into making the story be told. Every major event that happened in game has had some impact on people playing.

Anyways that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Or just look for one more because four loremasters is overkill, or just keep it as two...

Or just look for one more because four loremasters is overkill, or just keep it as two...

Both of those suggestions wouldn't mend the issue that we are solving with the recruitment of 2 more Loremasters.

Volke    132

I am happy to see more loremasters :), as much as I appreciate our current LM team - it is clearly fair to say that the task is too difficult for two members alone. Lore Updates, Group Approval, Lore Events, Chernarus Updates, Backlog from before the LM team, RP Assistance, and in general other issues that LMs deal with - hopefully 4 gives them the numbers they need to complete the duties required :).

Hopefully it also gives Flashcrack more time to be tongued in L4D2 ;)

Tldr: 4 is a better number then 5 as 5 leads to an imbalance.

With 4: it lead to either a 50/50 vote in which Admins Tie Break or 75/25 - In which its a given result.

Even with 3 : The problem is the 1 Loremaster from their dedicated region faces all the pressure.

Example: So if there were 3 with 2 NA Loremasters and 1 EU loremasters, that 1 EU Loremaster would be needed at all times during EU Timezones, with 4 : there is no NA/EU imbalance and all the EU needs are not pinned on a single person.

With 4: it lead to either a 50/50 vote in which Admins Tie Break or 75/25 - In which its a given result.

Even with 3 : The problem is the 1 Loremaster from their dedicated region faces all the pressure.

5 is supposed to provide an imbalance. An imbalance towards an even number of votes to a decision.

Also, like I said before, I just think the admins should let the Loremasters do the lore work and group approval work. They can provide guidance and give an opinion, but don't have a finally say on whether a group should be approved or not.

And of course our lord and savior Rolle has the final say. This is just how I think it should work.

Volke    132

5 is supposed to provide an imbalance. An imbalance towards an even number of votes to a decision.

Also, like I said before, I just think the admins should let the Loremasters do the lore work and group approval work. They can provide guidance and give an opinion, but don't have a finally say on whether a group should be approved or not.

And of course our lord and savior Rolle has the final say. This is just how I think it should work.

Admins should have the final say in every decision: in reports, in rule breaks and the Lore. From the above responses: it seems like Admins let the Loremasters usually have free reign only getting involved if they believe approving the group will have negative affects. It is perfectly reasonable to me IMO, Admins & Rolle should have a say and they should be part of the process as the loremasters do not the warning history of groups, history, current reports, thread notes ect from what I understand. The admins need to inform the loremasters of this. I may be mistaken but I don't think I am.

#volke4LM

The Dream :'(

I can be the 5th loremaster :D

Agreed. #Rolle4LM

I can be the 5th loremaster :D

Rolle for dank LM

#BringBackTomeran

It is but a dream my child.

#BringBackTomeran

Some dreams come true :(

#BringBackTomeran

No one can top Tomeran & SumoS :'(

#BringBackTomeran

No one can top Tomeran & SumoS :'(

We don't know that yet. We just have to wait and see. The new LMs could be just as amazing as the old ones or even more extraordinary! There is always that tiny bit of hope. ;)