Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:00
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
aladdin2002

When is the use of radio contact permissible?

Question

aladdin2002    0

Hi! I am currently going through the whitelisting process and having a lot of trouble understanding the question "The use of 'radio contact' is permissible when:" because i cant seem to find anything about it in the community rules, standalone rules, exile rules, or the forums. When I was answering the questions for the third step of the whitelist process this question was the only one I got wrong. So if someone could please help me to better understand the rules on "radio contact" it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Vapor    0

You are allowed to use your radio at any time. So long as you don't use your radio when your hands are up or have given it up through emotes (E.g. *searches for radio* //Do I find one? *takes it*)

Also, I suggest that you ask a community helper in teamspeak if you don't quite understand what I am saying.

aladdin2002    0

You are allowed to use your radio at any time. So long as you don't use your radio when your hands are up or have given it up through emotes (E.g. *searches for radio* //Do I find one? *takes it*)

Also, I suggest that you ask a community helper in teamspeak if you don't quite understand what I am saying.

I understand what you are saying. However I am confused about what are acceptable means of "radio contact" ie. Teamspeak, Skype, Steam etc.?

Vapor    0

I understand what you are saying. However I am confused about what are acceptable means of "radio contact" ie. Teamspeak, Skype, Steam etc.?

Yes. Teamspeak is considered the radio at the moment. Because the game doesn't have an actual radio that can contact people. There are small hand held radios in the game, but batteries are a rarity. So, to compensate for the lack of radio communication. Teamspeak is our reliable source of communication in distances.

Teamspeak is also used when people don't want to use the Radio Chatter forum. Which is here:http://www.dayzrp.com/f-Radio-Chatter--206

Hassan    450

For radio contact Teamspeak is the most widely used version, obviously using teamspeak has it's own rules to prevent metagaming, for example if you get your radio taken off of you IC you can no longer contact any friends and have to mute your headset until the situation is over with and roleplay finding a new radio.

Other ways of radio communication could be through Steam chat, skype or other chats sites as long as you have an IC agreement that you have a radio frequency agreement to communicate on and also have an OOC agreement that you can reach them using those sites/programs.

And obviously as Metal said, using this thread: http://www.dayzrp.com/f-Radio-Chatter--206 is acceptable as long as you follow the rules pinned in the section.

Does this help at all?

aladdin2002    0

Yes. Teamspeak is considered the radio at the moment. Because the game doesn't have an actual radio that can contact people. There are small hand held radios in the game, but batteries are a rarity. So, to compensate for the lack of radio communication. Teamspeak is our reliable source of communication in distances.

Teamspeak is also used when people don't want to use the Radio Chatter forum. Which is here:http://www.dayzrp.com/f-Radio-Chatter--206

Ok I guess the problem is I don't understand the question being asked in the whitelist application. It says: "The use of "radio contact" is permissible:

-snip-

Vapor    0

Ok I guess the problem is I don't understand the question being asked in the whitelist application. It says: "The use of "radio contact" is permissible:

-snip-

It means in game and out of game.

aladdin2002    0

Ok I guess the problem is I don't understand the question being asked in the whitelist application. It says: "The use of "radio contact" is -snip-

Ok but what is radio contact defined as? Sorry to be such a bother... I just dont want to get the same question wrong twice on my whitelist application, especially since it was the only one I got wrong.

Vapor    0

-snip-

Ok but what is radio contact defined as?

Well, it is defined as you would normally use it. When you are contacting someone or anyone through a radio. That is called Radio Contact. It's the means of contacting an individual that contacts another individual via Radio. That is the best way I can describe radio contact.

Scenario:

You are in a town and are lost. You have a radio and a friend on the other side of the frequency that you are using. You describe to him what you see signs, buildings, fences, river, sea, etc. and what type of building you are in. He uses this information to come and find you. This is a type of use of radio contact.

aladdin2002    0

Well, it is defined as you would normally use it. When you are contacting someone or anyone through a radio. That is called Radio Contact. It's the means of contacting an individual that contacts another individual via Radio. That is the best way I can describe radio contact.

Scenario:

You are in a town and are lost. You have a radio and a friend on the other side of the frequency that you are using. You describe to him what you see signs, buildings, fences, river, sea, etc. and what type of building you are in. He uses this information to come and find you. This is a type of use of radio contact.

So in the whitelist question would all of the answers be right?

Vapor    0

Scenario:

;)

aladdin2002    0

Scenario:

;)

Alrighty then! Thanks for all of the help! Now all that is left to do is wait for the whitelist cooldown to expire :)

Hassan    450

Scenario:

You have to do the whitelist questions on your own, nobody can give you the exact answer, we can only guide you to help understand the question and the rules, 

With that being said do you feel like your original question has been answered without actually giving you the answer to the whitelist question?

Edit: Saw your latest post, this will now be

/Solved