Server time: 2017-08-22, 11:10

Sign in to follow this  
Stagsview

Allow higher or separate spoiler limit

Stagsview    589

Hello there lads,

Now, this is something that bothered me while trying to make a thread earlier ago that the image limit ( what I understand and are in favour with) is also intertwined with the spoilers. So, having spoilers in a thread also counts as an image.

I do respect staffs wishes to have a picture limit but why do it have o incluede spoilers? It bottlenecks the thread and makes it hard to go into detail, especially if you wish to try and tidy up the thread or make it more compact. I'm not asking for a infinate limit on the use of spoilers, but it would be nice if it had a separate limit on it. Maybe 10-15 on it.

What do you guys think?

//Brad Spoiler limit increased to 40- as perpost #31

I would agree. Spoilers help clean up threads not make them more cluttered. You shouldn't be punish for using them.

Yes please.

I was having problems with the limit for some time now.

Make it happen.

Agreed.

Calling in Rolle for his point of view

I think there should be an increase in the amount of images/spoilers you can put on a certain thread. personally I think the fact that spoilers are counted as images is cause of coding but I'm not too sure. either way, I think the limit should be increased so people can clean up their thread better

I just wanna know why the hell spoilers count against the image limit to begin with. :D

Phoenix    1057

+10000000

I agree, spoilers are extremely helpful with organization.

Also, I'm curious, is there a way to title the spoiler? Instead of the text on the box just saying Spoiler, but being able to title it to something related to what is in the spoiler?

Also, I'm curious, is there a way to title the spoiler? Instead of the text on the box just saying Spoiler, but being able to title it to something related to what is in the spoiler?

Yeah, but it's kinda tricky. It won't work if you use any punctuation marks.

[spoiler=Title here]whatever you want to hide here[/spoiler]

[spoiler=title here]text

Quote this post and look at the code :P

Edit: Sung you swift lad :(

Yeah, but it's kinda tricky. It won't work if you use any punctuation marks.

[spoiler=Title here]whatever you want to hide here[/spoiler]

Ahh ok. That makes sense now. Thanks!

[spoiler=title here]text

Quote this post and look at the code :P

Lol, almost. Thanks for the answer though :P

How dare you.

//Stopping before I derail. :D

How dare you.

//Stopping before I derail. :D

fite me irl :D :troll:

//whoops, not derailing

Rolle    2457

I don't even know what causes spoilers to count as images in the first place, so I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon.

Verdict: It's broken.

Stagsview    589

I don't even know what causes spoilers to count as images in the first place, so I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon.

Verdict: It's broken.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to fix this if that is the issue ;) I'll ask around and if anybody knows some bb coding that could help us that would be grand

+1 This needs to be fixed if it's broken.

zoyo    66

I've never run into this problem personally.

I agree though, there shouldn't be a limit on how many images people can add to a thread.

Clumsy    143

I agree that this needs to be fixed but...do we really want Rolle messing with the site again >.> :P

Jk! There should be some way to look this up and find out how to put spoilers on their own and pictures on their own.

Joules    230

I personally have run into this issue in the past, and it was frustrating. I ended up coming up with a work around (and it looked better in the end). Even so, it was annoying, and it prevents me from making cleaner posts in some cases. If it was possible, I would love to see a change in this forum thread limit. It would allow many of us to clean up threads.

Stagsview    589

So Rolle, since you updated the site have you been able to change this at all? I was talking to people who do sites and they said it's a Error in the coding and can be fixed through that. Please fix, it's making it hard to make nice clean threads.

Edit: If not that, then al least up the limit slightly and moderate threads if they "overabuse" the limit.

Unknown Entity    126

Can't we just up the image limit ? Especially for donors ? That could be another perk.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

I guess he doesn't want to spoil us..

Sorry i could not resist a bad joke.

But i agree the limit should go up.

It will give far more freedom in making threads.

DerrickStorm    34

You can always cut your post in two and quickly write one after another. They will merge in one and have all spoilers as seen here in last post. You'll only get a small line sperating both posts but I guess it's better than no spoilers.

Stagsview    589

You can always cut your post in two and quickly write one after another. They will merge in one and have all spoilers as seen here in last post. You'll only get a small line sperating both posts but I guess it's better than no spoilers.

It's not very useful for clan threads, once u post them it doesn't allow you to edit them after would :/

RedSky    123

Ill have to agree with staggs completely here. Been looking around a bit on my local server with the spoiler thing counting as an image.

I havent found it in the codes yet but I have figured out why it is counts it as an image.

As far as I can see an understand its this grey bar

[spoiler=Example]empty

That counts as the image

pffff We should really find somebody that knows the MyBB code out of his head cause I have been looking around for this ever since this thread came up. Havent found it one bit yet....

Ill keep looking, just dont get your hopes up ;P

So for now up the allowed image amount?

As for my own suggestion cant we just up the image limit only in the group and lore section? it would allow us to use it in the places where its needed the most.

Quick edit explanation// The grey bar is a image with overlaying text on it making it a standard for the image limitation, What I mean with I havent found a fix for this is that I havent found a way that you could deviate them in to a seperate limit thus solving the problem at hand.