Server time: 2017-08-19, 14:46

Sign in to follow this  
MSGabriel

Radio object in game.

MSGabriel    1

I was a bit surprised to see that quite a lot of players use teamspeak, etc as a radio but they don't even have the object in game(radio object ofc).  So that's like using something your character does not have therefor powergaming. It's the same as saying your character has night vision equipment and raising brightness and gamma to the max for better vision at night time. 

Overall I think if players want to use teamspeak, etc as a radio, they should have the object in character.

Roach    1536

I fully agree with this. I always wanted this to be a thing.

BUT, yes but. We cannot control the spawn rates of radios, therefore if you lose yours that you'd spawn with, you may never be able to find one again.

People Roleplay as if they had a radio, but I believe once we have the power to create a great balance to this, it should be enforced and as long as you don'T have an actual radio in game, you cannot relay information to your friends via teamspeak. Otherwise it would be metagaming.

Think of it this way, some players emote as if they are smoking cigarettes, yet no actual cigarettes in game. This is treated the same, emotes when it comes to taking it from someone and so on.

INB4 huge groups dislikes this idea hehe (I get it though)

MSGabriel    1

Not sure how you could lose the radio, maybe drop it. I dropped the one I spawned with and found another one which I am keeping to use as radio(teamspeak, etc). I don't see why anyone would disagree, overall we are here to roleplay and speaking into something your character does not have is just PG.

Roach    1536

Not sure how you could lose the radio, maybe drop it. I dropped the one I spawned with and found another one which I am keeping to use as radio(teamspeak, etc). I don't see why anyone would disagree, overall we are here to roleplay and speaking into something your character does not have is just PG.

You'll see when replies start coming in.

Like I said, I AGREE heck I made a post about this loooooooong ago ;)

However like I said Spawn Rates is an issue.

Why would you lose it? RP broke it, missing battery no longer working, got robbed and they took and smashed radio and so many more reasons why you'd lose it beyond that.

I want this to be enforced, but it will never happen until there could be a guarantee way to get one back faster that right now. Look for one right now, I ALWAYS have one yet sometimes it can take me days before I find one.

Joules    226

In it's current state I don't find anything wrong with people using TS as a radio, while their character doesn't have the physical item in his/her position. People emote things all the time in this community. I don't see what is so wrong with emoting a radio as well.

Even if a rule was imposed that people NEEDED a radio in their characters possession for them to use the DayzRP TS server, it is going to be almost virtually impossible to effectively enforce. We don't have the tools available to look at someone's inventory to check if they have one or not (at least I don't think so... it's a conspiracy).

The radio in it's current state is pretty broken (or at least was, I haven't checked in awhile) so to me there is very little reason to be wasting those two precious inventory slots on a useless item. I already run my character pretty light, to the point where I don't openly carry a rifle. Keeping a SMG and an axe in my pack takes up a lot of room, and I would not be able to afford to continue the way I do with two less slots. Since there is no rule requiring that I have a radio in my possession, then I won't be having one in my possession.

When we spawn with a radio, chances are it will be dropped pretty quickly in favor of food and basic survival supplies. Once that happens, god only knows when you might find another radio.

Roach    1536

How are you going to enforce this?

The correct response is.... you can't!

Not yet ;) but someday (10 years from now) it'll be possible with the proper tools hehe

Jester    48

I was a bit surprised to see that quite a lot of players use teamspeak, etc as a radio but they don't even have the object in game(radio object ofc).  So that's like using something your character does not have therefor powergaming. It's the same as saying your character has night vision equipment and raising brightness and gamma to the max for better vision at night time. 

Overall I think if players want to use teamspeak, etc as a radio, they should have the object in character.

To enforce this is impossible.    You can't prove the person is using TS as a radio.  For all you know they could be sitting in TS just chatting with friends while playing.   

I carry a radio in character, but when someone says " searches for radio, Do i find one  "  I still reply yes, and say the location of it on my person. 

Yes I understand where your coming from, but the current system of using an RP radio is much easy to manage and keeps the system from being over complicated.

Dew    211

although it is a good suggestion, it is hard to enforce. How can you force someone to use a radio if they wanna be on ts while in game? It is almost impossible considering the amount of people who are constantly leaving the server and coming back after a few hours to play again.

MSGabriel    1

To enforce this is impossible.    You can't prove the person is using TS as a radio.  For all you know they could be sitting in TS just chatting with friends while playing.   

I carry a radio in character, but when someone says " searches for radio, Do i find one  "  I still reply yes, and say the location of it on my person. 

Yes I understand where your coming from, but the current system of using an RP radio is much easy to manage and keeps the system from being over complicated.

It can be enforced at least in hostage/robbing situations. You can check if a player has a radio or not on him, if he doesn't and all of a sudden friends come to rescue it is obviously called on TS/etc.

Pussy    311

Next to impossible to enforce, and I'm not sure it should be required in order to communicate with your Teammates over TeamSpeak. I wouldn't want to be isolated from my friends for however long it takes for me to find a radio --which could very well end up being hours.  

Some people like to carry one for role play reasons, and for the sake of RP. But, essentially, holding an actual radio in game would be the exact same thing as emoting *Pulls out radio and presses down on the transmit button* before speaking. The two have the exact same effect.

Jester    48

-snip-

-snip-

It can be enforced at least in hostage/robbing situations. You can check if a player has a radio or not on him, if he doesn't and all of a sudden friends come to rescue it is obviously called on TS/etc.

you misunderstand. you can't police people using 3rd party programs because we have no way to monitoring it all.

Next to impossible to enforce, and I'm not sure it should be required in order to communicate with your Teammates over TeamSpeak. I wouldn't want to be isolated from my friends for however long it takes for me to find a radio --which could very well end up being hours.  

Some people like to carry one for role play reasons, and for the sake of RP. But, essentially, holding an actual radio in game would be the exact same thing as emoting *Pulls out radio and presses down on the transmit button* before speaking. The two have the exact same effect.

Kattica, once again, summing it up purrfectly. :3

Since you spawn with them next patch, we will wait and see if they are a popular spawn before determining a rule about having to carry a radio on you at all times to be able to communicate.

Overall, I agree with you, however it is not an issue at this point in time because we don't have any alternatives.

Plus Juan if it is possible next patch.

If we spawn with radios at start of next patch, I'm ditching it and keeping the battery. Only useful thing we'd spawn with, really..

I would recommend that we make a new rule that is around the fact that we spawn with a radio, keep it in our inventories and if you want to use Ts so be it, it makes it harder for you after you get robbed or your radio gets stolen you would value your radio more and not want to lose it!

imo this could be worked on and could be a massive step up to our roleplay.

Defiance    96

I can see it now...

Clan leader: Where are you?

Me: I can't say -- I don't have a radio.

Clan leader: I saw one in the Nor--

Me: METAGAMING!!!

lol I'll pass on this rule.

Dustup    118

Would be difficult to enforce and they could potentially become as valuable as the coveted M4/SVD if the spawn rate isn't too great.  I can see people robbing for, and/or hording these if they were required in order to give out IG information in TS and they were hard to find (or even if they were a minor inconvenience to try and find).

zoyo    65

It would definitely be nice to see people start doing this starting next patch.

I guess people are supposed to spawn with radios next patch and they will be reduced to one slot. If radios were more accessible then most people should carry them, at least I know I will.

Cid    332

It would definitely be nice to see people start doing this starting next patch.

I guess people are supposed to spawn with radios next patch and they will be reduced to one slot. If radios were more accessible then most people should carry them, at least I know I will.

This.

As of next patch, people should start spawning with radios, unless they change that.  Although it is a bit more inconvenient seeing as the radio slot takes up more inventory space than the radio back in mod, but we were able to manage it then (at least somewhat) so why not try it again?

This is nothing new mate.  The reason we don't is because the object is rare as fuck and we can not set up custom spawn equipment so we cant even spawn with one.

Would like to see this at some point when the Devs have the right tools (if they will ever have the right tools...), but like others have said it just seems an extra burden for the staff and something that would be too difficult to inforce

Slash    84

I just came from Server 2 and I found 3 walkie talkies around in one city.

They are easy to find in this patch! But you never know what will happen to the walkie talkies in the next patch.

Phoenix    1048

This has never been a problem before therefore I don't see why we have to fix something if it's not broke. That's why you do //frisks for radio - If they say they don't have one but will use teamspeak anyways when they were already frisked, then that's a rule break. So why change it? It's okay the way it is now.