Server time: 2017-10-23, 00:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dogmeat

I lost my Mojo Baby

Dogmeat    7

Okay now fellas, I love almost all of you (jacob I think you smell like cheese), but I have run into a problem. I just can't find myself to jump into RP like I used to be able too. It just feels like there is a lack of......mojo going around. I know some other people have had this before but I want to hear how you guys got back into the groove of things?

AndreyQ    0

I get what you mean. I think it is not the RP that has gone down and the game itself. With no zombies you have nothing to do, you just go around hoping to find something.

It gets boring, so my advice is to find a group to play with, otherwise playing alone is impossible.

Asriel    0

I get what you mean. I think it is not the RP that has gone down and the game itself. With no zombies you have nothing to do, you just go around hoping to find something.

It gets boring, so my advice is to find a group to play with, otherwise playing alone is impossible.

Pretty much this, even if it is a tiny group of two it can be fun. Once zombies get added back in I'm hoping it will be a lot more fun, and people will band together again and we'll have more fun. As it stands right now things can get pretty booring.

NishiUrban    84

^ Pretty much this. I haven't been in RP in a while, (preoccupied with other games and real life), but I don't really feel any particular drive or motivation like I used too. I know zombies don't really do much IG, but one of the main reasons I started playing Dayz in the first place was it being a zombie apocalypse game...

I believe when it comes to video games, there is a certain psychology to it. When you start a game for the first time, usually you have nothing, be it skills, perks, weapons, equipment, etc. Generally in games you build yourself up, it's a struggle to gain something you didn't have before, you are trying to climb to the top of a mountain, yes, but it's a mountain you can see. There's something tangible in front of you to work toward.

When it comes to RP in Dayz, everything is a lot more ambiguous. There isn't any skills, or perks to upgrade your character. There's no real build up to equipment, you could basically get high-tier weaponry or apparel in what? A day? A couple days? Depending on where you look, or who you rob. And even then when you die, you just start with nothing anyway. (for people like me, I barely care about items other then clothing, and even then it's usually things people don't want). When you get to the point that you're sick of carrying around M4s, military clothing is meaningless to you, and you could care less if you had a cargo truck or not, you're losing motivation for what is supposed to be a core mechanic of the game itself.

Which is only perpetuated by the fact that, as an RP community, we're supposed to view things as RP > Gear. RP isn't a core mechanic built into the game by the developers, it isn't something tangible, and not everyone can emulate what could be considered 'good rp' because what constitutes 'good rp' changes from person to person. Is there a general idea? Sure. But people are variables.

Sorry for the rant, I guess what I'm getting at is when it comes to rp in dayz, it isn't crazy to lose your mojo from time to time. People are motivated in different ways, and hopefully you'll figure out what motivates you the most, and get back to providing a different pair of eyes in game soon. I don't think there's any one definite answer to your question, but I do hope you find your answer.

Hatch    0

I've had it multiple times and going through it now. One day you'll just get the feeling that you'll want to play again, sometimes starting a new character with a completely different play style brings you back.

Voodoo    491

I've had it a few times, I got back into RP by joining a group that lasted a long time and fit to my style of play. Currently I feel the same I haven't been ingame for a few weeks now which is why I have been looking into groups but ive decided to wait for 0.59 in the hope that if zombies are added back it will bring more enjoyment and RP.

Dogmeat    7

No zombies I really think has messed things up for me. I never really gave that one much thought at all

AndreyQ    0

No zombies I really think has messed things up for me. I never really gave that one much thought at all

Yeah at first I didn't realise that no-zombies are gonna be that big of a problem. But after some time, the world just felt empty, with nothing to do.

Volke    131

^^ Same thing with me. It's not just the state of the game for me though even if it's clearly having an affect. I just can't pull myself onto the servers . The zombies clearly are having an affect in regards to lack of direction/purpose - I mean what is there to survive if there are no zombies? For me it's also the attitudes, lack of fear, and creativity that is keeping me off. From having been in the Family to when Alcyone started up , there were so many exciting things happening. So much more of a feeling of stuff happening on the server. When now I go on, I just don't see anything really pulling me for the roleplay on the server. To be fair I've had a few experiences here and there, but I can't really describe it - I would also like to get my mojo back :P. TLDR - Your not alone in your feeling.

Currently - I've been applying myself to other RP formats until I get this "Mojo back" or I get the motivation to be pulled back into roleplay. You can also hope that involving yourself in it allows you to gain ideas and nostalgia towards RP which will hopefully bring you back in. Tabletops, Other Rp Platforms, and just other games in general that allow you to be creative and give you motivation to find something interesting to ring you back. The feeling sucks - I know. But hopefully you get out of it.

Prince    119

Have not seriously played since march. I have zero drive to play a shit game (SA is shit don't defend it) If Exile was done I would definitely play that but as it is now CSGO is more appealing.

RIP 85th

never got the mojo back

There is no fear.

1. No zombies

2. No SDS S-GRU SVR CRA B-17 type groups to fuck you up.

Johnny    0

You know what we need Micky? We need more musicals IG!

French be like

[video=youtube]

Gamblers be like

[video=youtube]

I feel this will improve the RP on the whole server.

Ellie    335

I also feel the same. The only thing that brings me back into game from time to time, is the story ark ive built currently with FlashCrack. Hopefully when .59 rolls around it'll bring that Mojo that most of us lost back.

Storm    215

Each patch gets boring after a while. Its not the quality of RP, its just that the game itself becomes boring. The lack of zombies plays a big part in this. All I can suggest is that you find something you enjoy. Create a new character with an interesting idea and play that for a while.

The game itself is currently offering very little, so it falls to you to create something different.

Dogmeat    7

I feel this will improve the RP on the whole server.

Implying you haven't heard me sing before you beautiful bastard....

There is no fear.

1. No zombies

2. No SDS S-GRU SVR CRA B-17 type groups to fuck you up.

Frank-o I have never heard such true words in my life....

Wolfe    0

Glad you asked this, I've been feeling the same way lately. Like right now this game is kind of boring without Zombies and just hopelessly running from town to town in search of people to RP with or if you're traveling in a large group, people just run away because they think they're going to be initiated on or something. Pretty boring as of late but some of these answers are helpful.

Pussy    382

I've been pretty absent from role play the past couple of months, honestly. I haven't really had any particular drive to get into game because of this last patch. 

It's funny how the absence of zombies can really kill the game. They weren't something that I thought I'd miss all that much at first, but them being gone for four or so months now has really made everything stale. 

Let's just say, I'm really anticipating the next patch.

Wolfe    0

I've been pretty absent from role play the past couple of months, honestly. I haven't really had any particular drive to get into game because of this last patch. 

It's funny how the absence of zombies can really kill the game. They weren't something that I thought I'd miss all that much at first, but them being gone for four or so months now has really made everything stale. 

Let's just say, I'm really anticipating the next patch.

Omg, yes. I used to say, "These zombies are so annoying, I wish they were gone." But now all I'm saying, "Where are all the zombies! I miss them.."

Never know what you've got until it's gone.

Rolle    2970

I know that feeling bro. I lost the mojo when mod died and we introduced Standalone, going from dozens of custom cars, trucks, helicopters and aircraft to nothing at all was too big of a change. Without vehicles it's just not the same for me, I hate running. And also not being able to do fun stuff like events and zombie invasions. That and no zombies kills the game for me right now.

In 2016 maybe...

#BringBackTheMod

I know that feeling bro. I lost the mojo when mod died and we introduced Standalone, going from dozens of custom cars, trucks, helicopters and aircraft to nothing at all was too big of a change. Without vehicles it's just not the same for me, I hate running. And also not being able to do fun stuff like events and zombie invasions. That and no zombies kills the game for me right now.

In 2016 maybe...

#BringBackTheMod

57559531.jpg

To actually remain relevant to the topic, I think everyone goes through this phase and with progress on Standalone being so slow right now and them being so behind on the roadmap I'm just going to wait until a major patch where something more compelling is added like base building. Here's hoping it's not just an Epoch rip off. 

Some might say Rolle that having to run around instead of using vehicles is a little taxing, wouldn't you agree :troll:

Joules    274

I really never thought I'd be bumming because of the lack of zombies, but it really has started to hurt the community IMO. There is just less and less going on in the server, and less and less people willing to get in game to try and make a difference. Combine that with Fall Out 4 and you have a recipe for disaster. Heres hoping for .59 to not be shit. Pls...

You know at this point, I think the entire Dayz dev team took Dean's advice and took a trip to Everest. That has to be the only reasonable excuse for how long this patch has taken.

Rolle    2970

Some might say Rolle that having to run around instead of using vehicles is a little taxing, wouldn't you agree :troll:

GargantuanMinisculePantsu!

Indeed, running around the map like that can cost you dearly. :trolle:

Terra    1449

I know that feeling.

#BringModBack

Oh yeah. Let´s try this and then we can see it die...AGAIN. I hate you Sung. 3