Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:39

Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Interview with Sniper

Conor    243

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week I interviewed:

Sniper

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

Something unique, well I'm 18 years old from Brisbane, and I'm studying Game Development and Art Design. I love drawing, working with art and most of all I love games! Development is something I've always wanted to do and It's probably clear with the amount I talk about DayZ development both on TS and on the forums :P

~ How has your DayZRP experience been? ~

Crazy. I loved RP in other games but I never thought I'd enjoy DayZ RP so much. It's such a wonderful atmosphere in game with good RPers and its so great to be able to enjoy DayZ the way people should be enjoying it.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Of course! From people I don't know in TS, to all the members of my group (shoutout to my Lovec boys), and all the people in groups I've RPed with and met over the months. The best thing about it has to be the amount of different nationalities there are and I don't think I've ever met so heard so many different accents and talked to people so far away.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Hmm.. Well, I think that one day I would love to see an evolution of the DayZRP lore, where perhaps it all comes back a little bit in a few IG years and it becomes more of an Epoch-style apocalypse and perhaps theres more towns and civilisation is peeking back over the horizon.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

Oh, some of my most memorable experiences in DayZRP are those I've had with group relations, as dealing with other people representing my group became so much different than taking consequences by myself. Confronting people, sorting out people's arguments, taking contracts from people, it's been amazing doing that kind of stuff with my group.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

Well I have a video of one of my favourite recorded roleplay moments, so I'll share that, since I record frequently but not that much during moments like this:

[video=youtube]

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

Yes! In Berezino, Lukeh found a 'tape' for his cassette after talking about it for ages, and he played it in the warehouse we were staying in: [video=youtube]

~ If a Zombie apocalypse would happen in Real life, what would you do and what items you would try to take with you? ~

I think I would try to take my family with me west, somewhere more remote out in the australian outback where only the animals can kill me Joking  I would take weapons, mostly melee since we don't use guns in Australia. That would be a way to avoid initial outbreak I guess, or I could get on a plane and crash in Chernarus...

~ How would you describe your play style on our Servers? ~

Different, I suppose. I don't know how to describe it, back when I didn't lead a group I used to lone-wolf it literally, through woods and met few people until I started dealing with a few groups. I played a good character, I would help anyone I found, but I've always been quick to defend myself and I wouldn't let bandits get away with things they would do to myself or the people around me. I play a hunter character so that's the mentality my character has.

~ Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA? ~

Improved Zombie mechanics. In .59 we've seen some interesting numbers, but in .60 we've been told that theres an overhaul due, with dynamic hordes in fields and huge amounts in cities. This is the way DayZ should be. The idea of people working together against zombies instead of just killing eachother is a wonderful thought, and realistic too.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The people! So many talented people, from so many countries and cultures, this is truly a scoop of the world, and everyone here is so friendly and nice, people help people at a moments notice, it is truly the best thing this community has.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

This is obviously a common one, but don't be a bandit - actually, scratch that, don't get involved in too many initiations, is what I should say. I played as a guy who would back up people, and it got me into trouble by involvement because the people you might be helping rob someone could be breaking rules, and if you're new you're relying on this person's ability to follow the rules. Understand those rules, don't be afraid to talk to people and get involved.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

There's a fair bit of it going around, but Media! I love looking at people's amazing screenshots, videos, art, it's great and more people should do some of this. If you can't draw or take good photos, record your moments! Share them, because stuff like that is great to watch when not playing ourselves.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Storm    203

Really good interview mate! And I have to agree with the zombie mechanics thing. Maybe one day the infected will be more of a threat than the people.

Ramon    327

Nice interview! I like how you talking about your study ;)

Yoshi    54

You live in Brisbsne? Dude, how small is this world?! I've been there once. My ship visited the port while on deployment in the Pacific.

This was an interesting read and you make some valid points. If devs accomplish what they want with the zombies it could potentially change the game and the style of RP currently present.

A great interview with "The Sniper" himself!

Roach    1511

A damn solid interview.

+1 million on the zombies thing!!!

Also that video of you guys in the church, priceless :)

Defiance    96

Great interview! I've always dug your character and can't wait to RP with you more in the future.

>inb4 "THE SNIPER" comments

Good interview mate.

Great interview here from "THE SNIPER".

Alex    451

You live in Brisbsne? Dude, how small is this world?! I've been there once. My ship visited the port while on deployment in the Pacific.

Heh it's a great place, not regretted the move here at all. Deployment, you military or somethin?

Great interview! I've always dug your character and can't wait to RP with you more in the future.

We definitely need more IC meetings, the distrustfulness last time was interesting with Seymour and Alex

The Marshal    351

Great interview! I know we've lost touch lately, perhaps we can change that soon.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

Truly great interview from the Snipar himself

Alex    451

Great interview! I know we've lost touch lately, perhaps we can change that soon.

Absolutely! Can't wait to RP with you again.

Hassan    378

Great interview Sniper, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Ellie    335

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview!

Alex    451

Great interview Sniper, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Thanks man, Conor got me to write it and have it posted in one day D:

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview!

Thanks!

Thanks for the interview!

Yoshi    54

Heh it's a great place, not regretted the move here at all. Deployment, you military or somethin?

U.S. Navy for the past 7 years.

Alex    451

U.S. Navy for the past 7 years.

Nice!

Great interview.

Shame that I wasn't mentioned.

No love for the men who brought about your fame?

marksman48    34

Good interview mate.

My only question is...

How were they able to find THE SNIPER?!

Haha, just dicking around. Good interview Volkov! It was nice. :D

Thanks for taking part, lovely read! Also loved the video!