Server time (UTC): 2023-09-26 21:48

Possible Group Idea in the future.

Kain

Do You Think This Sounds Good?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

If no one knows so far, my character was a Marketing manager; just to start things off. Currently, he is going around writing people's names of whom he's met. He says that, "I need to grow my Network, and soon." 

The group idea is very professionalized, organized, and not-merchant-wise trading/brokering. My idea is that you have to contact us over a radio for an appointment; what you need; what we need; what are your affiliations; will there be others with you?; and etc.  

The things I plan to sell would be weapons, food, clothing, information, possible reconnaissance, and new ideas are still coming in. 

We would have the manager, me. Then the Investors, if I may. They are the ones who will search for this gear and store it. We would have guards who would stay with the most important person at all times. We would have reconnaissance for further guarding. And spies for information to sell.

This is just the beginning of a draft. I'd like to know what you guys think? 

• Emerald

Trader groups are always nice to see. Obviously you have a long way to go with this but I think you have a good idea so far. I think you should keep working on this and post updates on your progress. I hope to see more from you soon.

Good luck! :)

• Sapphire

I say go for it, but I think it would take a considerable amount of people to run effectively. If not that then you will need to be extremely careful and "underground" almost. Regardless if you are required to set up a meeting, people will still attempt to raid your stashes or ambush the meeting.

Other than that it seems like an interesting idea and would be neat to see/hear about ingame!

• Sapphire

Trader groups are always nice to see. Obviously you have a long way to go with this but I think you have a good idea so far. I think you should keep working on this and post updates on your progress. I hope to see more from you soon.

Good luck! :)

Yeah, there's a lot to progress. For the time being, I need to find civilians who would be interested in things like this. Then much further on how we would act. I would say that spies would act like someone non-existent to get information. 

A policy I would have is; Friends, neutrals, and enemies are all our friends during business.

I say go for it, but I think it would take a considerable amount of people to run effectively. If not that then you will need to be extremely careful and "underground" almost. Regardless if you are required to set up a meeting, people will still attempt to raid your stashes or ambush the meeting.

Other than that it seems like an interesting idea and would be neat to see/hear about ingame!

Like I said, it's far from completed. As I am only in the process of creating a Network. And yes, this is going to be more underground for a while until we have everything we need.

Like I said, it's far from completed. As I am only in the process of creating a Network. And yes, this is going to be more underground for a while until we have everything we need.

• Sapphire

I do think this would be cool if pulled off properly, and yeah you would for sure need a decent sized group to make it work honestly.

I'd probably have to see the actual group page to give the full feedback but from this it seems like a good idea, would be good to see.

Best of luck if you go through with this.

• Sapphire

I do think this would be cool if pulled off properly, and yeah you would for sure need a decent sized group to make it work honestly.

I'd probably have to see the actual group page to give the full feedback but from this it seems like a good idea, would be good to see.

Best of luck if you go through with this.

Give it a few...

Probably years.

• Sapphire

Bullets don't cross borders when goods do. Now if that is a concept that will actually function in Dayz well that remains to be seen if you are going to offer espionage for sale.

Keep working on the idea and you might have something solid enough to post. The concept is there, you just gotta find out how to portray it as realistically as possible, and start the work on designing a thread. Oh and remember to try and get as many members as possible to commit before posting the thread. It will make life SO much easier. 

Good luck. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

• Sapphire

Bullets don't cross borders when goods do. Now if that is a concept that will actually function in Dayz well that remains to be seen if you are going to offer espionage for sale.

Keep working on the idea and you might have something solid enough to post. The concept is there, you just gotta find out how to portray it as realistically as possible, and start the work on designing a thread.

Good luck. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Well, there's a main reason WHY Casey would want to create a business. He was the owner of a coal and iron refinery in South Zagoria right after the civil war. His business was completely destroyed from the apocalypse; so yeah.

• Diamond

It is a good idea have seen something similar to it in mod but there are some problems (robbing and other stuff)

but otherwise it is a good idea and I wish you good luck :)

• MVP

You'd be a great idea if executed well enough. There's definetly a long way to go with this idea, but I wish you the best of luck

Go for it, but don't rush it.

What you should do is setup a google docs with everyone who is in the group able to access it. Get barrels and all sorts, strengthen your assets and intelligence. Spend a shitload of time on the group thread and make it look fabulous. Sounds look an interesting idea though.

• Legend

Any group can work with dedication and the right people behind them. Good luck buddy ;) Take advise from the community and take it slow.

• Legend

You got a rough idea now. I think it is an intresting idea if done correctly, I like the idea of trader groups. Try it!

• Sapphire

Why not! go for it, you have nothing to lose!

Except this account being banned. I've got that to lose! And my life

My family

My pets

Computer..

I could go on...

Dignity...

• Emerald

200_s.gif

You know what to do ;)

• Sapphire

200_s.gif

You know what to do ;)

When is that going to die? 

And give me like a month, a few artists to help me create the forum page, lots of time to story write. 

Hey, Flashcrack. You're about to get fucked by questions!

• Sapphire

Just do it yes hahaha ;) If you have a good story and you have some members that would be great.

But be careful being a trader... Good luck!

• Sapphire

Trader groups are always good because people are constantly looking for items but when I think "traders" I think The Roamers since they're already an official group for it..

Well, we aren't merchant traders. Think of us as UPS or some shit like that.

• Sapphire

Trader groups are always good because people are constantly looking for items but when I think "traders" I think The Roamers since they're already an official group for it..

Well, we aren't merchant traders. Think of us as UPS or some shit like that.

Ahhh. Ok. Gotcha.

Hey, go for it! Groups that offer finding items are always useful.

Good luck with everything.

• MVP

If you are to make this group, make it dedicated to trading. Their have been other groups that are meant to be arms dealers and stuff like that but down the road they get side tracked and brush away from what their goals were originally set out to be.

• Sapphire

Sounds good Blake, just waiting on you to deliver packages for me.

Like some others said tho it would take a fair amount of people to make this an effective group, I hope it works out.