Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:32
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder

sudden increase

Sidewinder    1

Due to rp receiving its 15 minutes of fame the number of players have just shot through the roof, I'm not complaining or saying this is a bad thing but don't you think once this fame has wore off a lot will just pack up and leave as psi isn't here any more? Plus its also made it a lot harder to play on the servers as most people swarm rp1 trying to find Lewis and making the server impossible to play normally how it was before. It's almost the community that we had before feels better than this one now. Am I the only one thinking this?

You aren't the only one. But after the buzz has settled down, we'll be left with a couple of a good new roleplayers. Sure, 75% is probably only playing because they want to meet famous youtubers, but I think there's a pretty big group of people who are genuinely interested in roleplaying.

Rolle's opinion.

I think the more the merrier. As long as Rolle doesn't accept everyone (which I'm sure he doesn't), it's going to be fine. Why don't we give the newcomers a chance to proof themselves? Who says we are better roleplayers than they are? Maybe after a few weeks you'll actually become friends. Maybe there will be new clans. Who knows.

The people that aren't interested in roleplaying will leave after a while anyway, after the excitement of something "new" has worn off. Also, half of them doesn't understand the rules and will get banned.

Astraal    3

I think most will leave once they finds out about all the rules and the punishments we have for breaking them.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

If people aren't interested in roleplaying and just want to meet a famous streamer/youtuber, they won't be regulars for long. Publicity doesn't have to be a bad thing anyway, maybe it'll lead to more donations! :)

Guest Pye   
Guest Pye

I watch PSI but I'm more interested in actually playing out my Story of my Character!

Guest Cladicus   
Guest Cladicus

I'm just happy to see that we get noticed so more RP'ers will come here. But I'm not saying that you're wrong.

Reacher    2

Flux. For better or worse, it tends to happen to online communities. Go with the flow.

Guest Governor   
Guest Governor

I just don't want to have to leave due to this new community, I don't want the RP factor to be gone, and now all my hard-earned vehicles are far from my reach -_-

Tortov    0

Nobody will make anyone leave, everyone should get a chance to play on the server because it isn't just a privileged members' club for those who joined before the influx.

retox    0
but DayZRP will stay a small tight-knit community, created "in a garage" and I want it to stay that way.

well, role... this didn't work out. i see the old, original community falling appart slowly. But, honestly, i don't mind. it'S just like a boat full of people just crashed into the blunt rocks and they are running around, not knowing anything

PsiSyndicate    16

Due to rp receiving its 15 minutes of fame the number of players have just shot through the roof, I'm not complaining or saying this is a bad thing but don't you think once this fame has wore off a lot will just pack up and leave as psi isn't here any more? Plus its also made it a lot harder to play on the servers as most people swarm rp1 trying to find Lewis and making the server impossible to play normally how it was before. It's almost the community that we had before feels better than this one now. Am I the only one thinking this?

I said it on another thread too, people can MUCH easier find me when I'm streaming, they find the IP and know exactly why I am. People who are signing up are mostly interested in RPing, and just didn't know about this, similar to me. Don't try to fool yourself by thinking it's just a bunch of fans searching for me or something.

If people aren't interested in roleplaying and just want to meet a famous streamer/youtuber, they won't be regulars for long. Publicity doesn't have to be a bad thing anyway, maybe it'll lead to more donations! :)

I donated 20 euros, I'm sure other people will too if they really enjoy it, dirty money.

Guest SapphireBlade   
Guest SapphireBlade

Hell, i saw his video and i joined up. i didn't join to find him but to have a rp experience in DayZ his video has shown people something that would have gone under their radars otherwise. There won't be as many people on in a week and even less in 2 but the people who came for a roleplaying experience will stay and the community will grow because of it.

Hell, i saw his video and i joined up. i didn't join to find him but to have a rp experience in DayZ his video has shown people something that would have gone under their radars otherwise. There won't be as many people on in a week and even less in 2 but the people who came for a roleplaying experience will stay and the community will grow because of it.

Well said, SapphireBlade!

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I donated 20 euros, I'm sure other people will too if they really enjoy it, dirty money.

Donate 5 more euros to get custom title :Troll:

or 30 to get red tinted name like mine

Livs    0

I've seen some really good applications coming in. Sure some people will be less interested in RP, but we don't let them in, simple as.

What I like with all these new people is that a player encounter feels exciting again. You don't know who it is and what he's going to do.

It's nice to know the people you're playing with, but after a while you know what to expect.

Tomeran    3

The saying "the more the merrier" applies, but to a certain extent. The HUGE influx does give the impression that the old community is drowning in the new one.

We had around 110-130 active players per 24h prior to Thursday. Now we're up at over 400.

So I'd say there's definetly some room for concern, because that's a MASSIVE increase, unlike anything we've seen before.

But with all that being said, there's no guarantee this has to be a bad thing, and I do hope we get many new nice roleplayers that descides to stick with us. Meeting new roleplayers can be a very entertaining experience. I just hope most of them descides to try and adhere to the rules. We've had enough drama in this community, and we definetly dont need that increased to the same extent that we've now had increased numbers of players.

Its also important to remember here that some of these new people are joining because of the chance for a nice roleplaying community. But at the same time this community they're joining are now in clear minority compared to the joinees. So keep that in mind when you encounter people, there's probably a lot of people running around out there very new to the RP concept.

So yeah, will wait to see how this plays out. Hoping for the better.

Komblo123    0

I actually didn't know about DayZRP before psisyndicate. Now I must say, I LOOOOVE Roleplaying. It's the reason I still play Minecarft. Now I decided to try to join the server for two reason, roleplaying and a chance to meet famous youtubers. But once they are done showcasing, I will still keep playing. I think I have done a pretty good job so far, helping people, selling meat as a hunter, talking to people and so on. But I have seen some people who didn't roleplay at all, what do you do then? Go OOC too, even though they didn't say anything about OOC?

Tosme    0

Most people will probably join to meet the famous youtubers, but when the youtubers leave, there will most likely be a drop on the server aswell.

For now lets try to keep everyone happy.

I know I'm a little concerned and I've hardly been here any time at all. When I joined I think I was the only Hello post of that day? Now there's so many I'm wishing there was a way to filter out the introduction forum in New Posts.

I'm also not reassured by the fact that reports of KoS in TP had really dropped and now they're through the roof again. We'll see in 2 weeks who remains...

Wax    0

I agree. I wouldn't have known about DayZRP otherwise. This is what I have been looking for in a DayZ experience. Thanks DayZRP.