Server time (UTC): 2023-09-28 02:27

Copy & Paste Backstory - Permanent Ban Appeal

Guest Pourty

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

N/A

Why the verdict is not fair:

I dont believe a permanent ban is right for this, I think a better alternative choice would be to make me re whitelist or have a temporary ban until a new background story is submitted.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I understand copying and pasting defeats the purpose of creating a story but I found that story and I really liked it and I didn't just copy and paste I added in a few things that I felt were necessary that made it a little different to my liking and so that it fit the lore. Permanently banning for that doesn't seem to entirely fair, if I liked that story then why can't I use it. I'm not entirely good with writing background stories so I thought researching and using someone else's would help. Before I was banned I was already in the process of recreating a story and trying my hardest to make it good even though I'm not good at it. I'm good at RPing in game but writing a story background is different. I'm willing to rewhitelist or re submit a new character. I was actually in the middle of re creating a story to post on the forums to better fit what I'm after in the DayZ role play. I just don't think it's fair to perms ban for that. Any questions I'm willing to answer

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like to be unbanned to either re whitelist or re submit a background story as I was already in the middle of creating one.

What could you have done better?:

I could have re wrote it in my words to completely fit my background. I could have just done something completely different although I enjoyed that story.

• Legend

Hello Pourty,

In your appeal you say that you found a story that you liked and decided to copy and paste it. Although you might've added/ changed some parts, the fact remains that you copy and pasted the backstory.

We require that every applicant writes their own story, individually and separately from anyone else.

A permanent ban is the standard punishment for anyone who copy and pastes their backstory. You say that you're in the process of creating a new backstory? Perhaps you should've waited and done that before you submitted your whitelist application instead of choosing the easy route of copy and pasting.

When you are not originally willing to put in the individual effort and only now once you have been caught are wanting to create your own story, we do not see the need to allow you to be a part of this community.

Appeal Denied. No Action Taken.