Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:58

Sign in to follow this  
Alex

DayZRP Experimental and Hordes

Alex    451

I had an idea for an Experimental channel in "Other Games" on TS, so those who are using experimental can play together.

Also, since I've seen a number of large hordes of zombies in the new experimental update, I had a challenge idea we could do:

Horde Challenge: 

>Use any weapons you find within either Elektro, Berezino or Cherno. 

>Fire a single shot upon seeing a zombie, then kill that zombie

>This aggros the rest of them, and the horde begins.

(This should work, I hope.)

Rules: 

>No sprinting, only jogging or taking cover

>Can use any weapon (since this is in a coastal city that's limited to civilian weapons and police stuff)

>No Man Left Behind Rule: Should your friend cop all the zombies and you're fine, you have two choices: Escape/Use your friend as Bait, or lure them over to yourself and face consequences. The latter would make your friend subject to the same rule afterwards too. (Mostly a rule added so that things would be interesting)

From what I've seen of experimental zombies, theres enough of them to actually kill a person.

Ramon    333

Haha nice challenge! But there are not a lot of exp servers and they are all full.

I think you need to be lucky if you want to test everything or play the challenge.

Kanen    108

I like this idea I will try this when I play experimental later. As for the channel there is nothing I can do but if a nice admin see's this request they might be able to create one.

Alex    451

Theres a lot of empty Experimental servers in the Asian areas and Australia, some in the US. I hope we can get an experimental channel considering how big it is these days

NishiUrban    79

I can foresee ping being an issue for a lot of people, should you actually find a server you can get into. Good luck with the suggestion, although you could probably just use one of the dayzrp public channels? Maybe put an EXP. tag beside your name so people know?

Doing this on a public exp server? Oh yeah there are no private ones. Good luck trying to not get KoSd by either me or someone else on the server. Challenge accepted indeed.

Rolle    2450

I'm at Zub catle on exp, was playing yesterday on the 75 slot exp server. Only saw a few zombies, those that I saw weren't really moving or aggroing. Actions and picking up items took 3-5 seconds to complete, so really laggy. Overall, a disappointment compared to what I saw in the 0.59 zombie horde videos. :/

I'm at Zub catle on exp, was playing yesterday on the 75 slot exp server. Only saw a few zombies, those that I saw weren't really moving or aggroing. Actions and picking up items took 3-5 seconds to complete, so really laggy. Overall, a disappointment compared to what I saw in the 0.59 zombie horde videos. :/

and now you know the pain of those of us in Australia and south east Asia :troll:

380pingFTW?

Alex    451

and now you know the pain of those of us in Australia and south east Asia :troll:

380pingFTW?

I was getting no lag only on picking up items, once the zombie aggros, they accumulate and it works best in elektro (main metro is small but populated) and cherno's not bad but too big (we managed about 12-20 at the most around three yellow)

We got over 50 in Elektro though. A streamer posted a video in severograd of him vs about 30-40 in police station, I haven't gone north yet.

EDIT: Anyone noticed the new engine changes? I saw some minor improvements in the way of physics, but the UI is on a more narrow aspect ratio, im assuming because of the engine merges, and any building about as tall as the cherno bell tower is cut in half, must be a bug due to improvements to the renderer. I hoping by next wednesday we see some cooler stuff. I think it's just me but the game looks a lil bit more high res, a bit clearer and nicer.