Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:52

Sign in to follow this  

The escape from the dangerous world of depression

I'm gonna be honest. I have had some fucked up shit happen in my life. The shit I saw as a young child destroyed my mental state and the shit I saw as a kid I feel no emotion now. But I have been in therapy for 11 years and dealing with anxiety and depression. This summer I stopped playing pc and took a break from this community and picked up a very dangerous addiction. Me and my girlfriend of 3 years who helped  me through my struggles broke up. I drank every day black out the entire summer. My parents along with my doctors are confused as to how I did it and so am I. I was almost going to be sent into a rehab hospital. That sent me into a deeper depression. And I have nights where I have thought about just ending it all. My whole life I have struggled with this. I have plenty of friends and used to party and do social things every day but I have realized a lot that this game and DayZRP is my way out. It's my escape. And honestly I just think that I should thank everyone in here. This game saved me. I can get away from the pain and shit that has happened in my life and be who I wanna be. This is such a better alternative then the drugs and alcohol I was overdosing my body with to cope with the shit that goes on. Thank you everyone and I just wanna say this game and this community really does help me a lot. I don't wanna be that guy saying the sob story but I don't give a fuck. The people who I play with now I couldn't be more grateful for. Thanks to everyone. I can get away from the nightmare I live in. And on the good days I can make them even better. Thank you guys. I really do mean that. Call me what you want but I figured I would just say this. 

Guest Zenon   
Guest Zenon

Roleplay kept me out of trouble for the better part of my middle and high-school years.

Matt    21

Depression is serious shit man I know its a bitch to deal with, but its good you have found something to get your mind off it all, I know there is some days you might just want to lay in bed all day and that shit is just horrible.

But stay positive and enjoy DayZ if its helping you :D

i know how you feel man, i just started getting therapy for my anxiety, it's nice to have people that I know going through the same shit. Mine aint as serious as yours but I think I get the gist of the idea. Fuck man, DayZRP, my girl, medicine and video games in general are what keep me from going insane and going around breaking shit(which happened before). good luck man.

From one fucked up brain to the other, good luck

Ramon    334

I can tell you, I understand you completely. I know this can really be bad and that it can take very long time, but good luck with everything i only can say.

Hebee    2227

Bruh we all have struggles one of my greatest problems are reading gray text against a gray background.

But for real been there grew up in a bad neighborhood and if it was not,for pc gaming,and various communities I've been in I'd be in jail or slinging rock on the corner, it's fun playing with you man and I'm glad to see I / we can help!