Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:30

Sign in to follow this  
Clare

Force-feeding bug.

Clare    25

*FYI I'm not entirely sure which forum section to put this in. This is more of a warning so other players don't make this mistake.*

Alright, so in the past week or so I've experienced a rather unusual bug twice. 

This bug has occurred in two different ways (for me personally):

• - The first time I was eating food and while mid-action one of my friends started force-feeding me. Once both our actions were complete I looked at my hunger/hydration status because the whole reason I was eating was because I was hungry. My status did not change so I continued to eat but again my status would not change. I decided to re-log to try to fix this but once I logged back into the server I was surprised to see my character was both starving and dehydrated. I quickly ate food and got myself back up to healthy and luckily didn't die.
  • - The second time just occurred about an hour ago. One of my friends started force-feeding me apples. After a couple apples, another friend also started force-feeding me apples at the same time since I really needed food. Once the actions were completed again, I looked at my hunger/hydration status and they didn't change. I had a feeling the same bug happen knowing that if I relog I would spawn back in dying. I warned my friends before I relogged and they managed to give me food + saline to make sure the bug didn't kill me.

I'm aware of this bug occurring infrequently a few patches ago when people logged into the server. I know because I had it happen months ago at GM and unfortunately died from it (pretty awkward to happen during roleplay). But now, force-feeding + doing another action (eating, drinking, another person force-feeding you) seems to be triggering this bug. If anyone has more experience with this bug and know how to avoid re-logging and spawning back in starving and dehydrated it would be greatly appreciated. 

Some advice I can give right now is to NOT force-feed people. Doesn't matter if you have hostages that need food or your friend needs food really fast, just drop the food for them, unresistant hostages, do whatever you need to that doesn't involve force-feeding. This bug is extremely sh*tty so don't let it ruin you or your friends time on DayZ.

DarkSide    229

I +1 this thread

Yep. Good to get this known around. It's already on the DayZ Dev Bug Tracker, so it should be gone in the next patch.

tnkydoe    14

Happened to me right after it happened to you :/ Good thing I had apples

Standalone Discussion is the correct place to put it, more specifically Currently Known Bugs.

But regardless, this is good to know! I have seen this happen to someone and it nearly led to their death. Great thread, people need to read this.

baskorthuis    10

I used to force feed my friend tomatoes, he almost died because of the bug.

Thank you for letting us know!

damn, looks like we have to untie hostages if they need food now

zoyo    64

I didn't know about this bug, but thanks for the heads up.