Server time: 2017-10-21, 15:52
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Lil_Beefy

They're Among Us

Lil_Beefy    0

6vNInc4.png

I haven't written stories properly for a while so I'm obviously going to be really rusty. Go easy on me.

Cheers to my boy Franklin for the graphics!

[align=left]noG2EBM.png

[align=left]Issue 1: They're Among Us

Issue 2: Sierra Vista

Issue 3: TBA

Issue 4: TBA

Issue 5: TBA

Issue 6: TBA

[align=right]QnGPKVy.png

[align=right]Issue 7: TBA

Issue 8: TBA

Issue 9: TBA

Issue 10: TBA

Issue 11: TBA

Issue 12: TBA

[align=left]y5eLzza.png

[align=left]Issue 13: TBA

Issue 14: TBA

Issue 15: TBA

Issue 16: TBA

Issue 17: TBA

Issue 18: TBA

Ark    231

looks good

Lil_Beefy    0

With sweat dripping from Nicholas' hairline, he continues to jog with moderate speed through the winding neighbourhood streets. His shirt completely soaked in his own sweat. Nicholas' rucksack that is situated over his shoulders gets heavier with every step he takes as he continues down the once clean asphalt. With broken down vehicles in front of him, he runs off to his left and onto the pavement as he slows to a stop, looking to the intersection 100 metres in front of him. Fresh skid marks leave behind the smell of burnt rubber and exhaust fumes. With one swipe of his right forearm, Nicholas wipes off the sweat from his brow and forehead before hunching over to regain his breath. Behind him, loud groans can be heard as he looks back at the location he had fled from.

BEFOREHAND

"Reports are coming in that a mysterious virus is sweeping across the West Coast of the United States. With recent efforts in foreign countries to contain this virus, it seems that whatever we are facing now has escalated to a world-wide scale. We will keep everyone updated once we gain more information but for now, we advise everyone to stay inside until it does calm do--." The television cut out, leaving the room in silence. Brett throws the television remote down and onto the couch as he slumps into his seat. The looks on the faces of the boys around him are not beaming like usual. Instead, they contain the same expression, worry.

"What do we do?" Joey says, his voice quiet. His blue eyes normally shining, yet on this day they seem to have lost their charm. "We do as they say. We stay inside until this is sorted. If it goes to shit, we get into Nic's van and we get the fuck out of here. We can go to my parent's place to the East." As Joey looks toward Anthony, the other boy in the room, his expression remains the same. "And what if that goes to shit, Anthony? Then what? Do we just sit around and do nothing while this shit starts to take over?" Joey looks to Nicholas before Anthony can respond, "We go now. We leave before this shit gets worse. I don't feel comfortable sitting around and watching this go down. They failed overseas and they somehow got it back here," he takes a short breath. "If they got it back here, we're fucked." The boys all look to their feet, shifting slightly as they ponder on their decision. "We should wait a few days, Joey. Just so we can see how this is handled," Nicholas says to them all. "If shit does go down, then we know more about where and when it is happening. From there it will be easier to plan our course of action."

A few days passed, the boys tuned into the local news station several times during the day as Tucson was being updated on the latest information. Over the duration of a week, the news reports began to get shorter and less frequent as different stations decided to close their doors indefinitely. The infection was spreading and it wasn't slowing down. With the last known reports of Los Angeles being hit, the boys decided to pack up their belongings and head East.

Jamie    1421

Nice stuff Sung, can't wait for the next issue.

Franklin    8

Nice to finally see that you put the thread up. Looking forward to seeing more!

Ellie    335

Didn't know you like to write sung :D. This is great, keep it up

Nocheluz    122

I really like how this perspective starts in a place different from Chenarus. Looks like big plans for this story. Can't wait to see more Sungshine! :)

(on another note, thank you for being my 1000th post! :D )

Ramon    360

Wauw, this is a good start of a series. Good luck with the rest of the story.

I'll definitely come back for the sequel. ;)

Lil_Beefy    0

Benson. Next 4 Exits.

The van quickly drove by the road sign, spitting up dust that had settled due to the dry terrain on either side of the road. Anthony sat in the drivers seat while Brett was his passenger, both watched the traffic in front of them. Joey and Nicholas peered out of the side windows from the back, they watched as vehicles stocked with supplies passed by with speed. Anthony spoke up as he had a quick look into the rear view mirror, "Benson is about 8 miles out, we can pop into a service station and check if there are any updates that we should know about." With the fact that the boys had to abandon their life in Tucson, they were still in denial. They nodded their heads consecutively before they returned their gazes onto the passing traffic. "Sounds good," Nic said softly, yet loud enough to be heard.

Once a few minutes had passed, Anthony pulled into a near abandoned service station, he parked as close as possible to the front entrance. The boys all jumped out of the van and walked inside, heading toward the first employee they saw. "Have you got a radio we could listen to? We just need to get an update on what is going on," Nic asked the lady, she appeared to be in her mid-thirties. She replied quickly, "Uhh, yeah, sure, I have one out back. Let me get it for you." Nic turned to Joey, they both watched as Brett looked over items that the station was selling. Anthony was near the door, watching over the car. "We could have kept on going, I just didn't get my radio system set up in time," he said to Joey, "This was all unexpected, obviously." Joey put a hand on Nic's shoulder, "I think we're wasting our time here, Nic. We should just get to Anthony's parent's place as soon as possible. We know this shit is dangerous."

As the employee returned from the back room, Joey hushed down and took his hand off Nic's shoulder. Brett walked over, joining Joey and Nic. They all stood next to the radio, listening to the static as the lady attempted to tune it. Nic looked to her name badge, having read it, he pronounced her name in his head, "Brooke". The static continued, nothing. Brett smacked the desk that the radio sat on, knocking it over. "We just wasted valuable time. We need to go," Joey said, "Thanks for the help, good luck with this shit." The boys began to leave the station. They piled back into the car.

---

After travelling south to Sierra Vista, the boys arrived at their destination. Sitting inside Anthony's old home were his parents, George and Francine. They made themselves at home and began to set up beds in the living room while Anthony's father made some lunch. "You can all stay here until the army sort this out, we will be fine," Francine said to the boys, reassuring them. "Thanks for this mom, Tucson was getting out of hand and it sounded like it wasn't going to be safe for much longer."

It didn't take as long as expected for Brett to tune Anthony's old radio that was in his bedroom. Once he had done so, he took it down into the living room for everyone to listen to. All of the eyes in the room stared down on the radio while they ate their fresh lunch. "The infection has reached Tucson and from our reports, a large group of infected seem to be heading east. We are also being told that any survivors in Tucson have either secured themselves inside their homes or have failed to escape the city. Tucson has officially fallen, we advice that no one goes..." The radio cut to static.

"Fuck."

Franklin    8

Good read as always Sung and I'm looking forward to reading more :D

Nocheluz    122

Noice Sungshine! Keep it going :)

Sign in to follow this