Server time: 2017-08-22, 11:02

Sign in to follow this  
Ethereal

Gas Mask Voice Changer

Eh, it doesn't sound terrible. Never understood the appeal of wearing a gas mask in game, though. :D

Voodoo    367

Enclave form up!  :troll:

Dusty    1060

Is that the guy who plays Timmy? I must say he's made it sound much better. No offense to him, but it sounded like a robot before.

Nevermind, just realized you're not with the pumpkin people.

Small funny story, one time back in original Enclave they were just issuing the whole gas mask voice changer thing, and I didn't get tthe notice until we met with some members of BHM.

When I was asked who I was, whilst everyone had there fancy voice changers, here I am pressing my hand against my mouth talking like the Pyro from TF2. From then on I was dubbed "Pyro man" for the remainder of the meet.

Good times.

Guest Zenon   
Guest Zenon

Doesn't really sound like he has a gasmask on. Needs to be more muffled. I'd suggest putting a hand over your mouth, and then talking into the mic.

Glitch    15

Someone is doing this nice! I never wore a gas mask but I had the same idea as Zenon, put your hand over your mouth or talk into a cup. Better yet, get a plastic cup, tape it to your face and poke holes in the bottom.

DerrickStorm    34

Someone is doing this nice! I never wore a gas mask but I had the same idea as Zenon, put your hand over your mouth or talk into a cup. Better yet, get a plastic cup, tape it to your face and poke holes in the bottom.

Sounds nice. And what do I say when someones comes into the room? :P

Clumsy    143

I used to do that on my old character whenever she would put on a motorcycle helmet to goof around. Not a voice changer but just cupping your hand over your mouth works pretty. I think that adding a muffled sound while RP with a mask/Helmet over your face of some kind adds more realism to it yet you can't play the whole game with your hand over your mouth so the Voice Changer is a nice touch. 

CODEHX    1

I met your friend awhile back and I thought it was unique. When I heard his voice in-game I knew it was the guy wearing the gas mask haha.

Glitch    15

Sounds nice. And what do I say when someones comes into the room? :P

You say "Helllooooo, My name is Bane"

Guest JustLucas   
Guest JustLucas

Didn't even know this was up on here Aha.. Took me a while to adjust the audio But yeah

Revocane    1

AFAIK people have been using MorphVox around here since the DayZMod days. When done well, and subtly it can be great and really add to the RP. Some people go overboard with it though.

Kanen    108

This back in the mod an entire group did this. was good RP. Also was a guy under the name of Juggs who did this you can most likely find some of his videos on Youtube.

fel1x    0

IMO it should definatly be in the game, along with maybe a bit muffled sound on the bandana facemask and maybe a different sound on the Welding mask? Idk, just my five cents

Storm    203

I'd love for something like this to be implemented. With every item of clothing it should modify the sound of your voice. It could also work for burlap sacks and such, you could even put duck tape across someones mouth to keep them quiet. This stuff would be great in a hostage situation if you're trying not to gain attention.

Revilo    7

This back in the mod an entire group did this. was good RP. Also was a guy under the name of Juggs who did this you can most likely find some of his videos on Youtube.

i'll just leave this here,

[spoiler=Enclave Propaganda][video=youtube]

Guest JustLucas   
Guest JustLucas

i'll just leave this here,

[spoiler=Enclave Propaganda][video=youtube]

Juggs had a sensitive mic from what i could hear. I personally never met him in game on the mod on my old account, but from the videos i saw of him, he did a good job. He has a completely different voice to me so its hard to get the levels to his standards.

zoyo    66

Seems like a good idea to me. Anything that adds to the immersion is a plus in my book. It doesn't sound perfect just yet but I would suggest you keep working on it. You may come up with a result that is well worth the wait.

isaacp    0

That is pretty cool. But I don't see the appeal with gas masks to be honest.

NishiUrban    79

As long as it isn't used to troll, I wouldn't personally have an issue with it. The fact that I don't sound like I have the mask on when I talk, is one of the reasons I rarely even bother to wear a gas mask IG. Like it's been mentioned, it's too much of a pain to cover your mouth every time you're trying to talk, and I'm too lazy to figure out voice changing software. But more power to you if you utilize it for the betterment of rp quality and immersion.