Server time: 2017-08-21, 08:34

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kenji

What were the hardest choices you had to make in RP?

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

What where the most difficult choices in RP that you had to make?

What action that seemed a mundane action turned out to start a whole new character ark?

What where the most difficult choices in RP did you had to make?

I had 2 both on my Timmy Dedrick character.

The first was when the reapers came to Timmy`s outpost with a ultimatum. betray the colony and his new friends, and keep his lucrative business and protection of one of the largest groups in Chernarus. or walk away from everything he built there and join his new friends in a conflict he tried to stay out of. The classical choice between helping a friend or helping your self.

and the 2nd was in the compound near polana.

stay within the walls and fight of daily attacks or leave the compound and avoid the daily attacks but be vulnerable for attacks when you do get caught.

all the while taking into account that he has a pregnant wife to worry about.

The choice between defense and mobility is a hard one to make when you need to keep your family safe.

What action that seemed a mundane action turned out to start a whole new character ark?

for me it was the simple act of asking a random quiet girl with a helmet to tag along on a trip around chernarus to meet new people along with the rest of the people in dolina.

timmy ended up marrying that girl with the helmet and so starting a whole new character ark 

how about you what choices where hardest to make?

and what mundane actions or choices turned out to open a whole new story book for your character?

Black Baseball Cap or Beige.

Making a new friend.

Guest Max   
Guest Max

I made the decision to betray The Kropotkins (the group I was in at the time) so I could join the Dveri. It was a hard decision, but I don't regret it.

Jack the Ripper    249

"I had the chance to kill somebody I would later come to hate with every fiber of my being, somebody that I want dead to this day, though I don't actively hunt him. I could have killed him there and then and that would've been the end of it. No drama, no concern.

But in doing so I would have lost trust with someone I highly respected and cared for at the time. I would have probably been branded an enemy of a very influential group, and thereby hunted by every second goddamn person I crossed paths with.

I chose to let this man live, because I saw reason in his words, because I thought there was a chance for him to right his wrongs. I thought that these two people.... deserved a chance. He, the chance to atone for his sins, and protect the people he vowed to. And her, the chance to turn a monster like him into a decent human being.

You can imagine my disappointment, when she went down the same twisted path.

I let Mickey Jonas and Alyssa Morgan go that day, and many other days to come. I had so many chances.... so many opportunities to choose between right and wrong....

And I chose wrong every time.

I will not.... make that wrong choice.... again." - Ivan Lynch.

Out of character, you guys are awesome, and I love RPing with you both. But it was a hard choice to make. I planned to kill Mickey for a long time, leading into a false sense of security. But when the opportunity presented itself, I chose not to open fire.... all that planning.... built up to nothing in the end.

But it DID lead to some excellent RP through future encounters.

I met two people, Autumn and Zac. I chose to travel with them when they offered company. Ultimately it led to the three of us being captured by Charlie Skinner and The Crows, an experience that further led to Ivan being welcomed into the group, and becoming a much, MUCH harder person. It also further developed his dark side into a complete twisted and sadistic alternate personality, Jack.

MASSIVE character ark because of that single choice, but awesome nonetheless :)

"I had the chance to kill somebody I would later come to hate with every fiber of my being, somebody that I want dead to this day, though I don't actively hunt him. I could have killed him there and then and that would've been the end of it. No drama, no concern.

But in doing so I would have lost trust with someone I highly respected and cared for at the time. I would have probably been branded an enemy of a very influential group, and thereby hunted by every second goddamn person I crossed paths with.

I chose to let this man live, because I saw reason in his words, because I thought there was a chance for him to right his wrongs. I thought that these two people.... deserved a chance. He, the chance to atone for his sins, and protect the people he vowed to. And her, the chance to turn a monster like him into a decent human being.

You can imagine my disappointment, when she went down the same twisted path.

I let Mickey Jonas and Alyssa Morgan go that day, and many other days to come. I had so many chances.... so many opportunities to choose between right and wrong....

And I chose wrong every time.

I will not.... make that wrong choice.... again." - Ivan Lynch.

Out of character, you guys are awesome, and I love RPing with you both. But it was a hard choice to make. I planned to kill Mickey for a long time, leading into a false sense of security. But when the opportunity presented itself, I chose not to open fire.... all that planning.... built up to nothing in the end.

But it DID lead to some excellent RP through future encounters.

-snip- 

It's always the easy choice for me to leave Ivan alive ;-) Until that one day you found us in therapy - Oh God, if you had opened fire...would've been the most terrible choice I'd have had to make. 

But the RP is just TOO good :-)

As for the hardest choice I ever had to make in RP: The Masquerade had Vekktoria, Dolina had been evacuated of all but me, them, and the Gamblers coming. Masquerade mowed the Gamblers down, leaving just me to try to negotiate for Vekktoria's release. But there were too many, I was backed into a corner. 

Alyssa wanted *desperately* to stay and try to help Vekktoria, but it would only have ended with her own death, so "Should I stay or should I go now". Alyssa trudged out of Dolina, hatred and fear choking in the back of her throat.

Phoenix    1056

Whether or not to give that one person a Can of Beans and look like a douche for not giving him one of the 5 cans of bacon in my bag.... Hardest Choice in my whole time on RP :(

Jokes aside...

Probably the time when I had to give up one friend to save another friend. damn :/

Hassan    381

Perma'd someones character I had too much history with, was surprisingly hard to do.

Irish    73

Oisin proposing to sofie

deciding whether to fight back or sit down

OGpatch37    25

*One time it came down to the point where my  character (Patch)and his good friend Robert were captured by funeral parlor while searching for his friends lover. Previously we started a conflict with them over stupid reasons leading to the event. They told us that we would both die, and my character took it upon himself to ask the captors to take his life instead and spare Robert,  They agreed and as Robert was led away they shared their last words froma distance and Patch was shot and executed. The sad thing being that after Robert escaped he found an axe and threw it at his captors in the name of Patch.. He was then commended for his effort and gunned down causing them both to die. A sacrifice in vein but one out of friendship.

It was a hard call to permadeath especially after I had that character for months but it was worth it for the RP and the magnitude of the situation

Going after Whip Whittaker after he fist fought Ivan and knocked him out(killed him ig) which led to a failed assassination attempt and eventually a rivalry which led to a great duel by a helicopter crash with an army on both sides. My character won and killed him, killing his character. That however led to a huge gunfight with the two armys, which was great fun! I never knew something like that would lead to a big event

zoyo    66

To trust Tucker after running away from Max and being abandoned by all of her friends.

Leaving Blackwood and helping create VSR back in February. At the time, it didn't make much sense for Bruce to be in a gopnik gang, but it was still one of best groups I've ever been in.

To work with Chedaki, or get killed by everyone else ;)

Oisin proposing to sofie

You prick.

NishiUrban    79

I honestly have to say Jade Graves has given me the opportunity to have some of the hardest choices I've had to make in rp so far, especially during the time when the Broken was still around and at their peek. Here I was, chilling with Jade's original family the Unnamed, who are all relatively nice family orientated people who try to avoid violence and survive. And then bam, here I was kicking it with this rag tag band of insane people from the broken that also in their way adopted Jade, who would mark, torture, rob, mutilate, and get into shoot outs with rivals. It was two very polar opposite ways of rping, and I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to role-play with the people I did during that time, but it damn sure lead to a LOT of omitting the truth and flat out lying in order to prevent hostilities between the two groups. 

I'll never forget, o7.

Ramon    337

Almost killed a friend ( IC and OOC ) But he is still alive for now

Almost killed a friend ( IC and OOC ) But he is still alive for now

For now...

defil3d    3

When Dolina was still a settlement and our group and the trust were having issues after we took hostages. I was in sniper position when they took a high ranking officer of bsm. I debated for quite a long time whether to pull the trigger or not after initiation. I wonder if dolina would have still been a settlement after that... makes me think of an alternate reality where I didn't shoot.

Nocheluz    104

Hardest decision- Whether to completely trust my wily, cunning traveling companion. The jury is still out, lol

Story changer- When Sister Lucia began traveling with another member of her group when I was in the Faith. Lucia was a nun that ended up learning a whole lot about life, love and being a woman, resulting in her leaving the convent life.

Dew    226

Allowing Derek Green to die. I still think I made the wrong decision.

Derek is Dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and I think you should change the title to What Were*

Defiance    96

The dude lost his mind and wanted to be put down. One of our members obliged, perma-deathing him. It sucked. Drank heavily IC for a few weeks.

Harest RP decision, what pants to wear.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

thank you. it changed 

Harest RP decision, what pants to wear.

thats not RP that gear whoring :P