Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:23

Sign in to follow this  

DayZ | The Road to Beta!

937x324http://puu.sh/l2ZZg/270d1f5564.jpg[/img]

DayZ | Upcoming Features and Beta Stage

Hey guys! Recently during PAX AUS, Hicks has been talking about upcoming things to DayZ, what they aim to release etc etc. They have released even more Quarter goals too! Let's hope they can reach those goals this time! :P

He also talks a little bit about the beta and how it's going to work with the current development.

DayZ 0.59

Starting off with 0.59, the next patch. Experimental for it coming out very soon infact, apparently the ONLY thing blocking the update is the vehicle sync. (The horrible desync you get as a passenger when riding in a vehicle).

a22ad418ca.jpg

The Quarter Goals

Now onto the quarters, last time they did quarter goals, it didn't go so well and they didn't achieve what they wanted to. Let's hope it's different in this case. This time instead of four quarters it is 3, but still with alot of detail, with things that sound amazing for DayZ. Here are the three quarter goals:

First Quarter:

0ca06287cb.jpg

Second Quarter:

e451b3a3b9.jpg

Third Quarter:

e383fc4d57.jpg

That was the three quarters, now let's hope they can complete all the goals within the required dates!

The Beta

Now the bit you've all been waiting for, beta information! Not alot was said, but to recap:

5333e792a4.jpg

Of course Beta isn't just around the corner, it's definitely going to take a while! So let's just enjoy the game while it lasts in the Alpha stage. They say they aim to continue to work on DayZ for at least 5 years or so that's the "target". So ain't too long now!

This was just a little recap I decided to type up and post pictures in, if you'd like to watch the whole thing, with Hicks talking over it included. It's very very informational and worth the watch!

You can watch here - http://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/23073628 .. The DayZ discussion starts at   07:46:48

CSi_A9LUkAABg5q.jpg:large

Rolle    2454

Pretty cool features planned, hyped for zombies, animals and random events.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Thanks for putting this together Natuk! I'm hyped for zombies as usual, even if they'll be a little bit bugged - I miss them so much... And it was way easier to find people when they had to shot at zombies from time to time. And the amazing fight against zombies with AndreyQ in Stary... good old times!

He then also goes on to talk about the new action system. The longer you hold down the action button to eat something, to more you eat. For example if you want to eat a little bit, say 10% you would hold down the action button for only a couple seconds, this way you can easily get out of the eating animation when you're in a combat situation or something. Same goes for drinking from the well, crafting, using a splint etc etc. You will also be able to eat and drink on the go, very soon.

And yes, this means no more spamming the well. ;)

Thanks for putting this together! So hyped for the infected to come back :D

(and most of everything else as well)

Flapjack    66

Well put together thread, good job.

I'm personally not allowing myself to become overly hyped about anything, I always find it best to go in with an open mindset, otherwise I just end up becoming disappointed. Though, I am certainly looking forward to quite a few of these implementations.

Only thing that would make me hype is mod support and proper admin tools.

Ramon    337

To see the list like this Dayz is already on the right track, only there is still a lot to be done.

I can not wait for the base building/ character life span and animals.

Phoenix    1056

hyped for zombies

hate-to-wait-hurry-up.gif

Long fucking road

lassejj    0

Long road to go yeah. BUT! Fallout 4 is gonna keep me waiting until Dayz gets better :P

Saalpeter    3

They say they aim to continue to work on DayZ for at least 5 years or so that's the "target". So ain't too long now!

That is pleasing and surprising at the same time. On an event when Hicks spoke explicit about base building he said that it is planned to continue work on DayZ for about a year after the release of 1.0. Now five years sounds much better, more convincing and sustainable.

When 0.58 came out they said they work intensively on the behavior of animals.Hopefully the animal diversity returns also with 0.59. I miss all the delicious

chickens, goats, pigs and wild boars...

"Animal Predators + Birds (late Q4/Early Q1 goal)" -That's fine!

zoyo    66

I see lots of talk about vehicles, character stats and stuff... which is cool. But please, we need zombies back! xD

Ethereal    13

Let's hope this doesn't add too much lag. Plus. hopefully now they're about to go into Beta they'll start doing some more work on performance. I have a few friends with fairly decent computers that are unable play. Would love to get them playing here, but the game is just too much for them to handle.

Guest Flluroz   
Guest Flluroz

I'm not looking forward to the lag that will be had next patch. The servers are already having lots of problems as is, WITHOUT infected, and on 50 pop servers.

Imagine what zombies and 75 players will do.

Fingers crossed.

I'm not looking forward to the lag that will be had next patch. The servers are already having lots of problems as is, WITHOUT infected, and on 50 pop servers.

Imagine what zombies and 75 players will do.

Fingers crossed.

Hence experimental, stress testing is what they're focusing on. So yeah, it's bad right now but hopefully that's so they can improve it in the near future :)