Server time (UTC): 2023-09-28 17:23

S2 Green Mountain KOS

CrownZ

Server and location: S2 Green Mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Around 9

Daytime or Night-time: Day

Your in game name: Chris McNair

Names of allies involved: Mick Dodge

Name/Skin of suspect/s: No clue, possibly one of Clay Diamond's buddies, logs will show

Suspects weapon/s: An AK and SKS

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): None

Detailed description of the events: Mick Dodge and I entered the Green Mountain compound after we heard some discussion going on inside. We saw that the front door of the Jailhouse was closed, and concluded that there were people talking inside the building. We stood around outside, listening to the conversation and assuming that they would eventually come outside. Randomly, out of nowhere, Mick gets shot by what sounded like an SKS or AK. No one ever RP'd with us, and from what we could tell, there was no active gunfight going on. I managed to escape after being shot at several times, with no shots landing.

• Sapphire

Kill Logs:

18:27:50 | Player "Mick Dodge"(id=) has been killed by player "Will Rogers"(id=)

18:27:50 | "Mick Dodge(uid=) was KILLED by Will Rogers(uid=)."

Hit Logs:

18:26:38 | "Will Rogers(uid=) SHOT Mick Dodge(uid=) by SKS_Black into LeftArm."

18:27:50 | "Will Rogers(uid=) SHOT Mick Dodge(uid=) by SKS_Black into head."

Chat Logs:

18:17:20 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): EVERYONE IN THE HANDS IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL DIE!

18:23:40 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): EVERYONE IN AND AROUND THE COMPOUND LEAVE NOW OR DIE

18:29:16 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, EVERYONE INSIDE AND AROUND THE COMPOUND LEAVE NOW OR DIE!

18:30:26 | Chat("Chris McNair"(id=)): //kos btw

18:30:34 | Chat("Chris McNair"(id=)): //reported

18:31:25 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): LEAVE RIGHT NOW OR DIE!

Disconnect/Connect Logs:

17:37:28 | Player "Will Rogers" is connected (id=)

15:40:51 | Player "Chris McNair" is connected (id=)

18:35:14 | Player "Chris McNair"(id=) has been disconnected

18:19:57 | Player "Mick Dodge" is connected (id=)

18:30:55 | Player "Mick Dodge"(id=) has been disconnected

Calling Will Rogers and Mick Dodge to this report to give his PoV

Also, to the OP. About 8 minutes after your friend was killed, you logged out. Care to elaborate?

Will Rogers PoV: Me and my friends initiated on GM. We had one guy hostage and then a couple of people are spotted creeping around. I re-initiate (when those guys are there and could of seen it) and they didn't comply to my orders. After that I saw them outside the Admin building doors and shot one of them.

I was with Chris at Green Mountain and we heard people in the jailhouse (sounded like a holdup). We were just outside the front door of the jail house until I got shot out of nowhere. I did not see or hear any warnings that i would be shot.

• Sapphire

Do either parties (including the accused and OP's allies) have video evidence of the situation?

First of all, I logged 8 minutes after the incident because I ran about half way to Myshinko and felt I had escaped the combat zone. I also didn't know what server time it was, and needed it to accurately describe the events that took place for this report.

Also, none of the warnings were seen by either of us. They may have been sent, but the person was too far away from us for the warnings to register.

Unfortunately, I have no video recording of the incident.

• Legend

-snip-

Will Rogers, where were you when you text initiated?

• MVP

Verdict

Chris McNair - Combat Log - GUILTY

Will Rogers - KoS - Not Guilty

Reason

We as staff have looked at all sides of the evidence provided and have come to a conclusion regarding this case.

Chris, Mick you were both outside the jail house waiting for the hostilities inside to finish. While waiting, Will, who was on top of the tower decided to initiate on the both of you. Now here comes the problem. You claim that you just got shot at without receiving any sort of initiation. While this might be true we have no evidence to support that. However, what we do know is that Will initiated as seen in the logs:

18:17:20 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): EVERYONE IN THE HANDS IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL DIE!
18:23:40 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): EVERYONE IN AND AROUND THE COMPOUND LEAVE NOW OR DIE
18:29:16 | Chat("Will Rogers"(id=)): I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, EVERYONE INSIDE AND AROUND THE COMPOUND LEAVE NOW OR DIE!

As a result, Will will be considered not guilty as his initiation was clear and gave plenty of time for people to comply.

Now regarding you, Chris, you state you got shot at while trying to escape and after 8 minutes you logged off. Just because you left the area of combat does not mean you can log off. As stated in the rules, in order to avoid combat logging you must: "Break line of sight with those you committed a hostile act against and wait a minimum of 15 minutes from the time you broke line of sight before logging out." .You only succeeded at one thing and that is to break the line of sight. However, as you have not waited the full 15 minutes you are found guilty of combat logging.

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome

Chris McNair - Combat Log | Guilty - 3 day ban + ban strike

Will Rogers - KoS | Not Guilty - no action taken