SuperJam

RPMaster role?

Is ther a place for an endorsed RPMaster  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is ther a place for an endorsed RPMaster

• Yea
    • Nay

SuperJam    1

So as I understand the community has LoreMasters and EventMasters but I am as unaware of any RPMasters. Is there someone who should be endorsed to be able to give sound advice and have the role of providing sound examples of good RP as well as being able to critique RP of players at their request? This person as endorsed by the community has the ability to further the overall RP of the entire community through guides and lessons (Volke). This person should have a great understanding of how to create good interesting RP combined with the depth of the lore.

DISCUSSION ONLY NO POLL: Further to this should someone who is banned for BadRP have to sit through a say half hour lesson within a week of their ban finishing or risk facing a further temp ban? The lesson would go over why they were banned and how they can further improve their own RP experience by making it more enjoyable for others, so on and so forth.

DISCUSSION ONLY NO POLL: Another conversation worth having is whether new members must have scheduled lesson within their first week of RP so that they understand how not to vomit life stories and have good RP that extends beyond limited views of hostages and banditry although I do believe that this will compromise 50% of all RP in a survival situation <- We all watch too much Hollywood.

Please understand that I think that this role while may be similar to the LoreMaster role I do not think lore alone can lift the overall RP of a community and this is also not to say that RP of this community is bad it is simply an idea. I have not furthered any structure to this role but would be happy to develop it more if it shows interest.

Hagger    117

Well Volke and fellas are doing the RP masterclass that includes in-game lessons for the new players. Is that something you meant for "scheduled lesson"?

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-RP-Masterclass-Learn-Improve-Roleplay

(Just read more thorough and noticed you mentioned Volke, sry)

I don't know if there should be own staff member for teaching others to RP. I think the whitelist application process is a good enough teacher. If you break the rules after that, it is your own fault.

And regarding about the people who have been banned to have chance to redeem themselves? In my opinion staff permabans only on pretty heavy reasons, and they do give a lot of warnings until the final ban drops down. The banned should stay banned, if we keep giving them "second chances" the ban isn't really a punishment anymore.

And if you need advice on your RP I think the Guides section on the forums is pretty good. And you can always hit a CH on a TS and ask for advice.

Clumsy    142

While Lore masters is a rank within staff, Event Master was a title of recognition given to Volke because of all the good he does as a member for the community, not a rank within staff. When it comes to RPMasters I personally see no reason for such a thing to be present as there are a wide range of amazing roleplayers in the community that can be asked for help if someone desires to do so. There is no way to enforce someone to take lessons for an RP Community. They joined the Community with the knowledge of what kind of place it was and there for should know the basic aspect of RP.

There are always people willing to help anyone who has a question about Roleplay it is up to the people who need the help to ask for it. You can not help someone who doesn't wish to be helped. I believe the guides that are written by community members are more then enough to help people who maybe need a little step up in their roleplay. There is also the fact that this is the internet and simply using google (If you are embarrassed to ask for help) and searching for roleplaying guides in videos games that offer advice as well.

Ellie    335

Gotta agree with clumsy here. There is no way you can enforce anyone to take RP lessons. We give you the resources, such as guides & tutorials or asking a staff member/community member. A good example is Volke and his RP classes.. So that's always an option if you need it. My point is, it should come from YOU, if you want to improve. You have to make the effort and show that you take the community seriously. Those that don't well.. that's their loss.

dont see the point tbh, just seem like another role in staff thats just kinda there.

Would be a waste of resources and time

Volke    132

It's interesting, because your not the first person to have brought forth this argument.  http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Missing-Role-In-Staff-Lineup :

This role would be a sort of community liaison with the goal of increasing Good RP.  This role would not include the ability or necessity to send warning points, provide verdicts on reports, or issue bans.

Instead, this staff role would focus on using community feedback (via teamspeak and the forums) to officially clarify grey areas in the rules, to mediate discussions between parties involved in difficult reports, and to encourage the creation and distribution of forum content that focuses on defining the community standards for Good RP. These folks could work between staff and community members in danger of being banned – to make a change prior to permanent removal. Perhaps they’d even team up with RP Masterclass and take some of the RP development/demonstration/teaching IG.

I think it is a valid suggestion that these members are elected by the community; however, I do think they should have to meet certain qualitative requirements in order to run for the position.

- It was a discussion held a while back - perhaps you should read it :P.

My issue has always been this: This has been the only game I've ever played without a tutorial. The tutorial should be there.  Should there be a staff position for it? I threw around this idea a while back along with the idea of an "Eventmaster Role". After a great deal of mediatation, Do I think there should be a rank for helping others with RP? Somewhat. But what would be the biggest thing is the idea to express the ideas of RP Masterclass and well done guides and the like.

Including it in the Newcomer's Guide, Including it in people's copy pasta welcome posts, and overall have support from the concept from staff members that would recommend it.  With that said - Do I think there needs to be a staff rank for it particularly? No. But! I do think it should be staff supported, staff endorsed, and staff advertised.  This thread itself has already helped that out a bit ;) - http://www.dayzrp.com/t-RP-Masterclass-Learn-Improve-Roleplay

I've made suggestions similar to this in the past here and here

I'm pretty sure I've also mentioned how it seems nonsensical to me that we punish people for Bad RP, but have no clearly defined standards for Good RP. 

I support discussing and implementing the idea of a staff role to develop good RP, but suspect you'll simply be told 'we can't enforce this,' 'this is unnecessary,' and flat-out 'No." 

Good luck, though.

Dew    211

To give my honest opinion, it would be unnecessary.

SuperJam    1

Thanks for the constructive feedback :) I think that there may be further discussions generated from this. <3

And regarding about the people who have been banned to have chance to redeem themselves? In my opinion staff permabans only on pretty heavy reasons, and they do give a lot of warnings until the final ban drops down. The banned should stay banned, if we keep giving them "second chances" the ban isn't really a punishment anymore.

The "forced" RP help/lesson would be a result of a BadRP temporary ban only. No way should people receive another chance from severe perma-ban.

When it comes to RPMasters I personally see no reason for such a thing to be present as there are a wide range of amazing roleplayers in the community that can be asked for help if someone desires to do so.

There is also the fact that this is the internet and simply using google (If you are embarrassed to ask for help) and searching for roleplaying guides in videos games that offer advice as well.

Firstly, where is this list of people you speak of who are listed as amazing roleplayers and why is no one on it? ;) I do understand that there may be many great roleplayers out there but I have never met you in game, how do I know that your RP is halfway decent (no offense) or that you are the right person to talk to about these sorts of things?

Secondly, I think that every RP community is dynamic and has its own quirks and peculiarities that alter different aspects of RP and while a video may be good there is no way to gain an outside viewpoint on your own individual RP from a guide hence the reason for such a discussion.

dont see the point tbh, just seem like another role in staff thats just kinda there.

Would be a waste of resources and time

This would not be a staff role, it would be an endorsed member of the community who can perceivably contribute in a way that staff may not be able to within their "defined" role.

It's interesting, because your not the first person to have brought forth this argument.

Indicative maybe? Maybe an endorsed RP Masterclass is the compromise that gets a majority support from the community.

I'm pretty sure I've also mentioned how it seems nonsensical to me that we punish people for Bad RP, but have no clearly defined standards for Good RP. 

I support discussing and implementing the idea of a staff role to develop good RP, but suspect you'll simply be told 'we can't enforce this,' 'this is unnecessary,' and flat-out 'No." 

I think the disconnect is maybe that in this discussion I believe that someone or perhaps something should be endorsed by the staff without actually being part of the staff. I completely agree with your point on guidelines for Good RP but I do think it is a definite grey area that would require serious discussion to nut out a black and white definition. Maybe BadRP is something that is not taken seriously enough? Probably because it is nigh unenforceable without video evidence/text chat logs.

To give my honest opinion, it would be unnecessary.

Okay.

Please understand I do not wish to push others buttons but simply wish to promote good discussion. <3 :)