Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:24
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Joel

About vehicles and RP

Question

Joel    0

First off I am not entirely sure if this thread belongs here or in the Questions section. I will be asking two questions that I would like to hear a discussion around.

When you drive through a town with a car on your way to pick up a friend in need and hear voices saying hello and perhaps see people waving is it allowed to keep driving past them to get to your friend or must one stop and talk to them?

Is it allowed for people to shoot after and at a car that are passing through a town without stopping after shouting hello to it?

I can see that driving through a town and not stopping to talk to people is somewhat avoiding to RP with them so this is an issue that I am a bit conflicted about, but on the other hand while you are on a mission to save a friend from starvation, stopping to talk to others on the way seems a bit wierd, even wierder if your car only have 1 seat free and the persons you see seem scetchy and might be tempted to rob you off your car.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to views and thoughts about these matters.

14 answers to this question

TheWolf2777    2

In my experience, you can keep driving no matter what. You can stop if you want, but are not required to do so, especially if you are on a mission. As long as they don't initiate on the vehicle, they can't shoot you either, and initiations are not as simple as "hello"

Storm    215

If you're driving through a town and you see people, you don't have to stop if you don't want to. Even if they say hello, you can keep driving. The only way they can gain valid KOS rights on you is if they text initiate as you drive past. This must be a text initiation, VOIP is not valid when you're driving a vehicle due to engine noise.

Its always your decision whether you stop or not. Just be cautious though, as people will try and rob you for your vehicle.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]To be honest not stoping sometimes can mean valuing your life. Who knows who the hell waves at you! ::)  I've been many times in situations like this - in most cases I stop but there were moments when I decided just to drive and not take chances (and nope, I did not have anything valuable on me). Also I've tried to stop vehicles few times and even if the driver didn't stop I don't consider it avoiding RP like in this situation:

[video=youtube]

The only time it makes me mad  (when someone doesn't stop) is when they are going full speed during the night without headlights through a town. Almost got run over few times. They could at least slow down...

Joel    0

Good points guys. Thanks for the replies!

Natje    14

When I'm driving, I don't stop for people. I usually have an objective, and honestly, I don't feel like getting robbed. When people shout "Stop!" I accelerate, because that just makes it even more likely they have hostile intent.

Especially when driving on the coast, I never stop. Fresh spawns with nothing to lose? Not worth the possibility of robbery. Just yesterday I ended up running one over because he ran into the road while yelling at me.

Revie    4

Made once the mistake to stop when someone called out for help... well maybe there are really people that need help in some cases, but the risk of ending up in a trap is just too high. I even got out of the car, but right after I got tied up, robbed and in the end they left with the car.

But anyway, I rarely use cars... when I hear one, I mostly like try to hide xD

Dunno, the sound of a car in DayZ just makes me nervous and the need of hiding or jumping in the next bush is overwhelming lol

Ramon    360

When I'm driving, I don't stop for people. I usually have an objective, and honestly, I don't feel like getting robbed. When people shout "Stop!" I accelerate, because that just makes it even more likely they have hostile intent.

Especially when driving on the coast, I never stop. Fresh spawns with nothing to lose? Not worth the possibility of robbery. Just yesterday I ended up running one over because he ran into the road while yelling at me.

You have once stopped for me when I did not know you yet . :D

Its a trust game and a you need to make a decision in 2 sec while driving.

If you stop you risk the truck, your gear and your life. Keep driving I would say!

Jannik    0

if it was me I'd just drive and not stop

and no you can not just shoot at a car if they do not stop after they said hello they have to do a text initiate

Voodoo    488

Not an answer for your question but I can confirm that roadblock and vehicle to vehicle initiations are currently being worked on for 0.59

/ moving to questions

Kanen    108

Obviously we advise you to give the best RP you can and to also engage in conversation. But in some circumstances like you said if you are saving your friend and if the people look hostile to you or sound hostile, most people would keep on driving.

Dew    427

It is not necessary to stop. If you want to keep going then keep going no one can force you to stop and RP with that certain person especially if you are trying to go save a friend from death. As for people shooting at your V3S, they need to initiate via text and voip. If they fail to initiate and just open fire at your truck you can make a report about it.

Kanen    108

Is it allowed for people to shoot after and at a car that are passing through a town without stopping after shouting hello to it?

As for this question NO you are not allowed to shoot at a vehicle without a valid initiation. As for an example of a valid initiation would be:

"Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine and stay inside or you will be killed". Personally I would do a text initiation and a voice initiation making sure the Driver heard both before retaliating and deciding if he or she will comply or not. 

Also has Voodoo stated above hopefully with patch 0.59 the new Roadblock rules and Vehicle to Vehicle initiation rules are being worked on.

I am going to solve this,

/Solved

Joel    0

Thanks for the answers from the community helpers confirming what the first posters said, and giving more information on the matter. As you might have guessed this was something that happened to me, but since no harm came to me or my truck by the bullets from the aggressors I will not be filing a report. The information in the answers I got from this post was very helpful. Thanks all!