Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:05
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Issue with Profile Music

Question

Bruce    0

So I've been having this issue since they added the ability to add profile music, but haven't really thought about it much till now. When I go to someone's profile, even my own, instead of automatically playing the songs it is silent. I cannot hit play or interact with the Mp3 player at all. However, if I use Internet Explorer (disgusting I know) it works. I don't think it's an issue with Chrome, since I have talked to other Chrome uses and they don't have any issues. 

Here is what it looks like when I a profile on Chrome: 

3cYw6VT.png

Compared to when I open a profile on IE:

QF34bjI.png

I've been trying to use good 'ole Google and solve the problem, but haven't had any success.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

6 answers to this question

Vapor    0

a71fca8fdb.png

When I go to your profile it works. I can hear the song that you have on your profile. It might be a problem on your end. I am also using Google Chrome.

Maybe try clearing your cookies... you never know.

Shark    0

I've had the same issue in the past regarding certain mp3 files just not working for whatever reason; however, I failed to ever find a rhyme or reason to why it acted the way it did. I also failed to ever find a resolution.

Clearing your cache should be the first step, assuming you haven't done it already.

Bruce    0

Just cleared all my browsing history, caches, and cookies since the beginning of time. When I go to profiles now the slider pops up like it's trying to play, but then it disappears.

Bruce    0

Potentially try re-hosting the file elsewhere, such as Puush.

Hmm alright worth a try, just went down the staff list and it did the same with every song there as well.

This can be /solved

Apparently I've been using something called "Chromium" and when I went to settings I "switched to Chrome" and downloaded it, works now.

Thanks for the help guys

Ellie    335

Glad you resolved your issue. /solved