Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:46

Sign in to follow this  

Night stars??

Has anyone else notice that the Devs have made an effort in the night time stars?? I can regularly see Orion's Belt, The Plough, Canis Minor, Pegasus and Vela.

So well done !!

Janana    28

I look at the stars, and I appreciate the stars. I don't know anything about constellations however.

It's very very easy.. if you can see Orions belt you can see 50% of them.

They just recently updated the night sky, which included adding realistic constellations and updating the Moon model.

TheWolf2777    2

Do they have the lunar cycles in as well? Every time I look up all I see is a full moon, but I could be wrong.

Ellie    335

I appreciate the new moon and stars. Makes the night a lot more beautiful then it was before :)

I recently played a character who majored in astronomy in college. I would spend hours with other people talking about the constellations. It was awesome.

Wulfe    6

Do they have the lunar cycles in as well? Every time I look up all I see is a full moon, but I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, I played a few days in a row, and since you can go through several days in game in an afternoon you could definetly see the change in the moon.

Yeah, its nice on a clear night to just sit by a fire and look up at the stars. Pretty relaxing.

yes that's very cool

Oliv    1538

I only wish they would make an animation where you could lay on your back.

The "SitDownRelax" animation, is close.

LZVKidH.jpg

I know, that's probably the best I'me going to get.

Phoenix    1033

If I was bothered enough to learn and know about star constellations I would agree but I have no fucking clue :D But yeah, they're nice I guess. :P

zoyo    64

I remember hearing them talk about this before, I just wasn't sure if they ever did it. But hearing from what you guys are saying they made it happen. I guess I need to pay a bit more attention. O.o

the moment when you realize that the stars in the sky are JPEGs. tbh that's what they look like to me, if they ain't I don't know how I'm not getting any frame drops

Ramon    328

I heard the Dev team bought a $2m high power telescope to really get pinpoint realism and accuracy on this minor feature.

Do you have a link ?

Sounds like its not true and just some rumour.

But I love the dark sky in DayZ!

Often I walk at night times and just look up and enjoy.

I heard the Dev team bought a $2m high power telescope to really get pinpoint realism and accuracy on this minor feature.

I also heard this my fled.

Kanen    108

Yeah I love how they put the time and effort into making it look nice. Shows they actually put some minor details into the game and not just throw everything into it.

Would anyone like a night time class on the constellations on a clear night on s2 or s3 ??

Natje    14

Honestly, the sky is quite dissapointing. There's no lights in Chernarus, which means no light pollution. There's next to no traffic, which means little air pollution. We should be able to see more than just circular dots in the sky... There's so much potential.