Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:29

Sign in to follow this  
MagicMike

rp advice/ other stuff

MagicMike    69

my friends and i personally enjoy slightly comedic rp, not like lol so funny, but somewhat silly

we have one guy as an older lady called maggy boom boom, i wanna try to switch it and make it more intense, maybe creepy, but slightly funny in some points of our rp. so any advice for that?

generally, im kinda getting bored of my usual rp, so im curious to hear some sick stories/ characters or general rp ideas that i can build from so i can have more fun

ALSO- i find myself constantly at green mountain, its a love/hate relationship, so, what are some other rp hotspots, ive heard that its better farther up north from GM. (Lately the game feels like a robbery simulator rather that a survival one lmao)

and im just curious if anyone in the server takes acting classes or has taken them, and if you have employed stuff you've learned from those classes into the rp ingame

thanks  guys

Flapjack    66

Well, a fellow member of my group recently started up this. I recommend checking it out.

Nevertheless, remember - People don't necessarily need to have taken acting classes to excel at RP.

Dew    251

There are hot spots everywhere other than GM. You can always find people at Stary or Novy, check around NWAF, take a gander around up north. I have found people in the most random locations myself, and its always a surprise. You think what the hell is this person doing out here and that usually generates some swell RP.

I have had acting classes in school and I use it when ingame and i think that it helps me to giv bedder rp

but I'm not saying that everyone should

Storm    203

This whole RP experience is pretty much one big class. Of course, most start off with pretty basic RP. But as you become more experienced, you'll start to realise that theres more to this community than just standing around at GM and robbing people. You'll start to develop characters and really get yourself immersed in the world.

Roleplay just takes time. Don't try jumping in at the deep end, as it will only lead to trouble. Start with something simple but interesting, and develop your style of roleplay from there.

Clumsy    144

Role play comes with time. I have taken acting classes and voice acting lessons so it's a bit easier for me when in game. Once you connect with your character it gets better. You need to wander around and just run into people. Learn about places and groups IG. Its a much better experience rather then getting ooc knowledge from the forums and heading to other hot spots.

baskorthuis    10

The RP at green mountain is always a bit silly.

I just keep travelling around the Vybor area.

There are always some people around this area and I find some good RP there aswell.

But yes - Like many of the above comments - Its all about preparation, practice, and execution. If you need any help, there are multiple community members that can assist you - What do you have trouble with exactly?

+1 you can always find someone who can help if you need it

Dustup    118

If you want to get some ideas on how others do that kind of thing then get out there and try and meet some of the groups which you think you could learn something from in terms of RP.  Step one is get out of Green Mountain and resist the urge to go back at least for a while.  It may take you some time to find people but it will be worth it.  STart travellign around the map and try to get information in game about various groups and/or locations. 

There are some areas which are known for the most part to be lived in, controlled or at least monitored by certain groups, try visit those areas and hang out there for a while, you will eventually be found (of course it will also depend on whether they are online.  If you are looking to meet a group you have heard about in game, try using the Chernarus post or contacting that group on the radio chatter forums with a good in-game reason for wanting to meet up (potential alliance, have a job for them, need help etc etc).  Make sure you have some in game knowledge of them first, whether this comes from being told or from the radio chatter forums.

I will also leave you with this, if you are going to look for these types of people, don't be too surprised if your experience isn't all sunshine and rainbows, so sit back, have a kit-kat and take a break from the GM RP.

Dusty    1065

I do value comedic RP as well, but there is a thin line between humorous and trolly, especially in a serious RP community. You just gotta be really careful about not crossing the line sometimes. Other than that, I think comedic RP is great! Makes people lighten up, have fun and have a few laughs.

Laski    8

While me and my group do like hanging around GM most of the time but i do think there is more to experience around the place. 

I personally like the idea of Role playing out a character that realizes that he is not as good as his friends so he sneaks out of the circle of friends that he has made and tries to prove that he is better but ultimately fails.

Cid    333

I'm sure you already know this, but make sure that your comedic RP isn't seen as trolling. Comedy in roleplay is nice, but depending on the style of comedy some people may not find it as comedy, but trolling. Everything in moderation.

You can always find more spots other than just GM. The west side of the map can have a ton of people, and there is also a decent amount of people in the east. Just explore around, talk to people in-game, and you should be able to find out everything yourself.

zoyo    66

I think its fine to have some comedy thrown into RP when it makes sense, but it really needs to be the right time or place. People who go out of their way to make a situation seem less serious by trying to be funny isn't my idea of good RP. But hey, that's just not my cup of tea. If it is for you, go for it.

you really don't need any kind of acting classes to do rp, if you want to rp a little more comedically make sure you do it around others who are comedic as well. cause it can be seen as troll rp from the perspective of serious RPers. I know we're all here for good fun, some play styles may collide and cause some conflict but that is to be expected.

I enjoy some comedic rp from time to time, but when I get serious which is most of the time, I do look at some comedic rp like dancing around someone who doesn't want to be danced around like he's

the musical chairs.

regarding the acting classes you really don't need any of it. you don't need to know how to express emotion, you just need to know how to show. your rp experience gets Better only by your standards, you either make it good for yourself or you make it worst. don't make it worst by playing someone you don't want to play.