Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krenshaw

I'm sure someone knows a simple fix to this issue.

Question

Guest Krenshaw   
Guest Krenshaw

So my game lauches through steam and starts up fine, I can hear the birds chirping on the home menu, BUT no image appears for the game. Ill ALT-TAB and go back in and same thing. I can see the DayZ cursor and hear the game, but no game image, I can still see whatever tab I was on when I launched the game. Any suggestions?

I'm updating my windows to 10 not to see if that helps but dobt it will. Thanks!

-Krenshaw

6 answers to this question

Yimo    4

I don't really know how to fix it, I looked up the problem but couldn't find much of a solution. Maybe try verifying your game files, and updating your drivers.

Guest Krenshaw   
Guest Krenshaw

Thanks Yimo, yeah same thing didnt really find much on a solution on the web. I varified the game cache as well but still no solution. The game was working fine earlier today a few hours ago. I changed the resolution and now the game won't appear.

That's exactly the problem. You changed your resolution settings making the game look all funny or black screen. I don't an easy way to fix it rather then redownloading the game. Once you redownload it, the resolutions should be the default resolution settings.

Guest Krenshaw   
Guest Krenshaw

Okay, I've found the solution: You hold ALT and Enter simutaniously while reopening the game and it appears. I dont know why this works but thank god!

Clumsy    143

Glad you found a solution to your problem. 

With that I will mark this as /Solved.

If you have any other problems or questions regarding this issue please let us know.

Guest Krenshaw   
Guest Krenshaw

Thanks Clumsy, if anyone comes across the same, or similar issue send them over to this thread. [=