Server time: 2017-08-20, 19:14

Sign in to follow this  
mrsiCkstar

How do I craft the stone oven?

Question

mrsiCkstar    2

Right. I'm in the woods. I've got a cooking pot with water in it. I've fished some carp. I've prepared the fish. I've combined sticks with bark to create a fireplace. I've got 8 small stones. According to a bunch of guides I found on Google this should be all I need.

I created the fireplace by combining the bark and sticks. Then it said I'm supposed to add the stones to the fireplace to make the oven. But when I do that the stones just go into the fireplace and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Is it no longer possible to cook without a cooking tripod?

I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks everyone!

PS: Is there a small tool I can use to both make a farming plot AND dig up worms? So that I can have an axe and this small tool in my backpack. I tried with the ice axe but for some reason the devs seem to think you're not supposed to be able to find worms with it lol. I don't want to have to carry a hoe or shovel around :/

5 answers to this question

Guest Zenon   
Guest Zenon

Put 7 rocks or stones inside the fire, either actually within it or in a stack of 7 on top of it.

Jamie    1181

You will need to get a pickaxe and mine 8 rocks. You can drag these onto the fire and it will magically turn into a oven. 

I recommend you check out the DayZ wiki, lots of recipes and such on there.

Marking as /solved. 

Put 7 rocks or stones inside the fire, either actually within it or in a stack of 7 on top of it.

That doesn't work anymore.

You need a pickaxe. You go to a boulder and scroll down or up and it will give you the option to break some chunks of rock. I believe you will need 8. Then you should be able to make a stone oven.

mrsiCkstar    2

Edit: Damn, you guys are fast. So, to be self sufficient I have to carry around a pickaxe, an axe and a shovel or hoe :/. Does the little military shovel do farm plot/worms?

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Edit: Damn, you guys are fast. So, to be self sufficient I have to carry around a pickaxe, an axe and a shovel or hoe :/. Does the little military shovel do farm plot/worms?

It does my friend.