Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
danielmaira

Can't see or hear any zombies or players.

Question

danielmaira    1

So I just got whitelisted on DayZRP yesterday and after a while I noticed that I couldn't see or hear any zombies or players. I'm able to get loot but I just can't see anyone. Is this a known bug or am I the only one with this problem? Also note that it is not lag.

8 answers to this question

Glitch    15

Well to know you can't hear anyone for sure means you would have to see them first. If you are just saying you haven't seen any zombies or people nor have heard voices then that's normal. Depending on where you are (I'm guessing the coast) you may not find anyone. Sometimes it takes a while, as for zombies they aren't in right now. But if you can hear your game you should be able to hear people.

Flapjack    66

To clarify - DayZ is displaying on your screen correctly, however, players and zombies are invisible?

If so, are you sure you've actually met anyone to confirm this? Zombies are beside the point as they are absurdly rare and almost non-existent, so that will be why you're not seeing them.

danielmaira    1

To clarify - DayZ is displaying on your screen correctly, however, players and zombies are invisible?

If so, are you sure you've actually met anyone to confirm this? Zombies are beside the point as they are absurdly rare and almost non-existent, so that will be why you're not seeing them.

Yes it is displaying on my screen correctly but it just seems so weird that I've been to some places where I think that I would at least see one or two zombies or even some people. I'm playing on a server with almost 50 people and I haven't seen one person or even one zombie. I've also been playing for over 4 hours.

Flapjack    66

Ja, I HIGHLY doubt that players/zombies are invisible for you.

Zombies, like I said, are almost non-existent in this current patch. With the very occasional one being spotted NE of the map.

And, you are clearly just struggling to find other players. Quite often will you walk around for hours on a full server without meeting anyone, especially when you're less experienced on where people will tend to dwell.

zombies don't spawn unless you're in Novo, players scatter around the map. could you provide us with like a video evidence of a friend being in front of you while but you can't see anything? if not, it just seem like you're a bit unfortunate and are unable to find anyone.

try verifying the game cache and see if you're missing any game files.

Cid    333

Yes it is displaying on my screen correctly but it just seems so weird that I've been to some places where I think that I would at least see one or two zombies or even some people. I'm playing on a server with almost 50 people and I haven't seen one person or even one zombie. I've also been playing for over 4 hours.

Very few zombies are currently in the game, so that fixes your zombie problem.  They should be returning with .59.

Finding players just comes down to going to the right places and hoping that you see someone.  Just because you haven't seen someone in 4 hours doesn't mean you can't actually see players.  Keep looking and remember that this isn't pubs; you won't always find people in places you expect to see people.  A lot of people wander around.

Shark    0

Current state of Standalone is zombies simply are near impossible to find.

Also players are spread throughout the map, so often you won't run into anyone, and other times you'll run into groups of them.

I'm starting to believe this isn't a troubleshooting thread, but more of not finding anyone. :D

Zombies are currently not in the game

Yes they are...

Flapjack    66

With the answers you have received, I'm going to be marking this as /Solved.

Zombies, like I said, are almost non-existent in this current patch. With the very occasional one being spotted NE of the map.

And, you are clearly just struggling to find other players. Quite often will you walk around for hours on a full server without meeting anyone, especially when you're less experienced on where people will tend to dwell.

I suggest possibly having a look at this thread: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Where-the-fudge-is-everyone

It may give you a rough idea on where to head for roleplay.

Though personally, I recommend attempting to find out in-game - Far more rewarding and engaging.