Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:03

Sign in to follow this  
Montanez

Hurricane Patricia.

Montanez    25

(Aerial views and hurricane information is being shared with me from NASA's media people. I do not own any of the pictures)

It escalated from a normal hurricane to one, if not the most powerful hurricane ever recorded. It's about to hit the western Mexican coast in 1-2 hours. 

I was told by family that the government didn't start the evacuation process until about one an a half hours ago.

Good luck to my home.

Thoughts? 

Hurricane Katrina compared to Hurricane Patricia.

CSBysRGVAAAq_i9.jpg

sGpuXEy.png

10003923_541349286021997_3212223855886638499_n.jpg?oh=00fc8032d6427e5a42c6135bf37fb328&oe=56B8C4E3

I was listening to an interview about it on the way home from class, the interviewee said it was the largest he'd ever seen. Whats even crazier is that I hadnt seen or heard anything about it until today. I hope your family's safe man.

Montanez    25

I was listening to an interview about it on the way home from class, the interviewee said it was the largest he'd ever seen. Whats even crazier is that I hadnt seen or heard anything about it until today. I hope your family's safe man.

Yup, they said "it's like if it opened up a hole in the atmosphere."

Imagine the amount of people introduced to snorting coke after this ordeal.

Best of luck, Montanez. Hopefully your house survives.

Sean    25

First time hearing about it. Hope you stay safe man, good luck.

Not going to lie though, that picture makes it look sexy af.

Damn bro, my prays go out to your home, family and the people in for a bad night hope mother nature's in a good mood!

Montanez    25

that shit is scary man, this planet scares me. i want to move somewhere nicer.

Also. i dont know if it will be in view any time soon, but the ISS may get a view of it in action, they're over north america at the time of this post i think,

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload

http://www.n2yo.com/space-station/

1 hours and 20 minutes for the next fly by close to the hurricane, by that time it will have already hit the coast.

Montanez    25

Are people evacuated fully?

Government focused their attention on tourists, U.S citizens and foreigners are being moved in land. As of the locals, i was told they're being moved in buses away from the coast and that the ones that couldn't catch one are being told to stay in a high area inside a room and cover any holes and spaces with towels or blankets as well as staying away from windows. All flights were cancelled hours ago.

Are people evacuated fully?

Government focused their attention on tourists, U.S citizens and foreigners are being moved in land. As of the locals, i was told they're being moved in buses away from the coast and that the ones that couldn't catch one are being told to stay in a high area inside a room and cover any holes and spaces with towels or blankets as well as staying away from windows. All flights were cancelled hours ago.

Jesus christ dude that does not sound good at all...

KpopKilla    69

For once it looks like the gulf isn't going to get fucked. Best of luck to your family my friend. Hurricanes are never fun.

Montanez    25

Any news?

Shit hit the fan about 15 minutes ago, Se7en just posted a livestream. Sorry if i lag as i'm supposed to keep updated as many media websites as possible. I'll give the information out ASAP.

Revilo    7

Any news?

Shit hit the fan about 15 minutes ago, Se7en just posted a livestream. Sorry if i lag as i'm supposed to keep updated as many media websites as possible. I'll give the information out ASAP.

what websites are you using to get the most up to date info?

Montanez    25

Any news?

what websites are you using to get the most up to date info?

The information is being sent out to me by an engineer i know from SpaceX and Austin Braun from SpaceSciTM who works at NASA.

Montanez    25

The stream is a looped video got anything live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5Y4lISF0s

Livestream from Guadalajara. One of the closest main cities that are most likely to be hit in no time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svB1Ssq6zzE

Mudslides over the town of Coahuayana are already being reported.

Livestream from Ixtapa, Guerrero. Cost tourist city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GShxXtLx4 

For the next 48 hours, Areas of mexico are expected to receive an equivalent of 1 year of rain.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Shit lad, looks rough. Thoughts go out to your fam. Sandy fucked up a lot of my friends. Hurricanes suck ass.

I got contacted about an hour ago on this situation from FEMA if need be to head that way for rescue efforts with local Emergancy personnel. Hopefully it don't hit as hard as they think.

weedy wine    4

Went through Hurricane Iris when I lived in Belize on the southern coast. I know how iffy the evacuation processes can be around those areas. We only found out a hurricane was hitting when we showed up to school and all these random people were there to take shelter. Not that it helped them, the roofs came off. This looks so much worse. My deepest sympathies to your family and all who is being affected. Hurricanes are fucking terrifying :/