Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:50

Sign in to follow this  
Chriss

Suudenly Mic won´t work

Question

Chriss    1

Hi, i played like 3-4 days ago DayZ, talked with a guy and everything worked fine but suddenly on the next days i met a guy, was talking to him... no reaction and had to text-rp then cause he wasn´t able to hear me which was an akward Situation.

I changed nothing in that time, after that i thought it was a problem with his setting cause i was in TS the same day and probably in TS, Skype... everything works but not in DayZ.

I tried different setting, my hs-mic... nothing :/

So since the last update they somehow changed something that affects my mic?

I found people who have problems like this but they haven´t found a solution yet.

[ My mic is plugged directly into the Mainboard, using a mic like this: http://www.boppshop.de/images/shure_sm58s.jpg which is connected to a part of a karaoke-system which i use to control gain and so on and then to the pc. I use it since i play DayZ, no dropouts and how i said, i still use it in TS without issues]

Has anybody a idea or the same problem?

27 answers to this question

Flapjack    66

Make sure you have all other recording devices disabled, as this can cause conflictions.

Then, when you launch DayZ, alt-tab out, disable and re-enable the device your using.

This fixed my personal issues with my microphone, I've just become used to having to disable and re-enable my microphone when I launch certain games that will screw it up, which includes DayZ.

Let me know if it helps!

Storm    203

Make sure that your mic is set like this in the In-game options:

jKowLAo.png

If everything is set like this, and you're still having issues, could be the issue that FlapJack stated above. Hope you get this fixed!

Chriss    1

Thanks, ill try it next time. But btw, what do i set with sound sources? tried different settings there too but wasn't sure what im doing ^^

Storm    203

Thanks, ill try it next time. But btw, what do i set with sound sources? tried different settings there too but wasn't sure what im doing ^^

Sound Sources is an option that sets how many sounds you can hear at one time when in the game. You can increase it to 128 (I think), but it requires a little more CPU power. It shouldn't matter what this is set at, as it doesn't relate to your microphone.

Ellie    335

Keep us updated on this Chriss

Dew    212

Do you still have an Issue, I may have a solution if Storm's suggestion doesn't work.

Do you still have an Issue, I may have a solution if Storm's suggestion doesn't work.

Do you STILL want to be CH? Worse than Johnson Dennies brah.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Please keep this thread on topic thank you.

Please keep this thread on topic thank you.

Is this where all the wanna be CH's post? Alright, I'll +1 to keeping it on topic

Is this where all the wanna be CH's post? Alright, I'll +1 to keeping it on topic

Skyrider please do not fill this thread with unnecessary post. Thank you.

Skyrider please do not fill this thread with unnecessary post. Thank you.

please keep this thread on topic thank you

Jamie    1181

Please refrain from posting unless you have a solution to the OP's problem. 

Did any of the suggestions help out Chris?

Chriss    1

Probably wasn´t able to test it, since i was busy at the Weekend, but ill try it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Kanen    108

Probably wasn´t able to test it, since i was busy at the Weekend, but ill try it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Go to your playback devices in your mixer and make sure your microphone is the selected one also.

Also keep us updated.

Chriss    1

ok, so i launched DayZ, tapped out, disabled all Inputs, enabled them again and disabled the one i dont use, so that there is only the mic enabled that i use, its also set as Standard and everything else is disabled but still no luck...

EDIT: Found out, that steam won´t accept my mic, maybe thats the reason. I never noticed it cause i never used voice over steam. After all it won´t accept any Input of the Mainboard, so im gonna try it with a sound-Card, probably have to get one firt ^^

I´ll Keep you updated, thanks for the hints so far :)

Dew    212

ok, so i launched DayZ, tapped out, disabled all Inputs, enabled them again and disabled the one i dont use, so that there is only the mic enabled that i use, its also set as Standard and everything else is disabled but still no luck...

EDIT: Found out, that steam won´t accept my mic, maybe thats the reason. I never noticed it cause i never used voice over steam. After all it won´t accept any Input of the Mainboard, so im gonna try it with a sound-Card, probably have to get one firt ^^

I´ll Keep you updated, thanks for the hints so far :)

Nice you figured out the problem!

Ellie    335

glad you found the root of the problem, keep us posted!

Chriss    1

A quick Update:

Kanen helped me, finding a solution. We tried different Settings again and met in a offical Server for testing but no sucess so far.

Im trying with a soundcard and/or reinstalling DayZ and see if that helps.

Thanks so far.

Kanen    108

Hey Chriss have you managed to get your soundcard yet or re-install DayZ?

You could also try purchasing a new MIC or borrowing a friends to see if it's just a problem within your hardware.

Keep us posted please.

Ramon    331

A quick Update:

Kanen helped me, finding a solution. We tried different Settings again and met in a offical Server for testing but no sucess so far.

Im trying with a soundcard and/or reinstalling DayZ and see if that helps.

Thanks so far.

I think I had this problem to with a new mic a while ago.  I do not remember what I 've changed with settings, but I did a dayz reinstall.

EDIT: After asking someone. I think I changed the Bits and HZ settings.

Its in: Sound/Right click on new mic/ Properties of loudspeakers or Properties of mic.

I hope you understand this haha, let me know if its doing anything.

Chriss    1

Had no sucess with a extern soundcard, so im reinstalling it right now and see if that works...

Terra    1367

I am going to solve this. Let us know if you still need help, so we can mark this as unsolved again, if needed.

Chriss    1

Problem still not fixed, even when i tried everything mentioned above:

- Other Micro

- External soundcard

- Everything in the Settings

- Reinstalling DayZ

Im giving up now, waiting till an update will fix it and keeping an eye on other Forums, but you can Keep this as solved.

Thanks for the help so far.

Kanen    108

Alright apologies nothing I suggested worked, Hopefully the next patch will fix your issue. If it's still not sorted after 0.59 tell me if you would like this to be marked un-solved.