Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with Montanez

Terra    1449

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

Montanez

Thank you so much for participating!

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

I'm actually going to college for Aerospace Engineering, in future hopes of becoming an Astronaut. Although this was a thing that i wanted to do as a kid, i am already taking Engineering classes and i am now extremely convinced that i want to do this for a living. I am also aware of the challenges and dedication it takes. So check out the NASA Astronaut page in about 15-20 years, if you see me in there, i made it!

~ How has your DayZRP experience been? ~

It has been weird nonetheless; I got in trouble with the "big boys" of the community during my first month which basically lead to me learning the rules in a very hard way. Before DayZ RP i used to be a hero type of player but after a couple of months here, i turned into a huge bandit, which to be honest is the best decision I've made on DayZ.

The experiences I've had while playing here are extremely unique and epic and it would take me pages to mention all of them, however, it's needless to say that it's all thanks to this community and the way it's handled. I've heard Rolle saying that being a member in this community is not a right but a privilege, and i completely agree with him.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Many, and i want to thank every single one of them for giving me such an amazing experience here. I've become friends lately with people i used to have beef with, and to be honest it has been great. Sadly, during the last couple of months I've been surprised by the amount of people i thought were my friends but actually aren't and are just silently looking for an excuse to get you in trouble. However, that is only about 10% of the people i know, the other 90% have been great with me, I've spent countless hours getting to know them, and i hope this will lead to actually meet some of them in real life.

"Always make friends with these three people: A police officer, a law student, and a bartender."

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

A timeline. I imagine some sort of link in the website where you can scroll and see major events with a brief description of what happened, this could include major events that involve many groups and that have a big impact of the server and that are reviewed by the Lore masters.

It could also include events that occurred in our current Lore.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

There has been many, and i'm glad i took part of them. I remember one time when i was in The Reapers and we took the leader of the Colony hostage, we negotiated with his friends and they tried to come and save them, however, we planned an ambush for about 30 minutes, which ended up working.

I executed (permadeath) a couple of people, in those events many other players were involved which basically affected the way they looked at me IC.

I remember that one time that we meet the Unnamed randomly somewhere in the NW part of the map, we ended up role playing for hours and hours.

Etc, etc, etc.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

The Prison Break. This event basically restored my faith in the game, i had a blast and i'm sure that if you take the time to watch this, you will understand why.

Twitch LINK

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

#neverforgetjeremiah2k15

[video=youtube]

~ If a Zombie apocalypse would happen in Real life, what would you do and what items you would try to take with you? ~

I definetly have to say that before joining DayZ RP i always thought i would help people, not anymore. DayZ RP literally changed my mentality regarding what i would do if shit hits the fan. No helping people, no caring for others besides my close ones, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, first thing i would do is initiate on somebody.

~ How would you describe your play style on our Servers? ~

It has changed over my almost one year here. I started as the most friendly yet agressive person, then over time i started to build sort of mentality that besically told me not to trust people and i followed it, it ended up helping me survive which is good. I like to be a leader, but i understand that to be a leader you have to learn to follow orders first, which i did. I like to help the people that help me and paying them as twice as much, it's no joke when i say "you just won the lottery."

~ Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to with DayZSA? ~

Base building, but like a full base building system, I beg the devs that they don't give us a system that's broken like they've done before.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

The possibilities. Even though DayZ SA currently blocks us from many opportunities, i find it amazing how people come up with such amazing and unique ideas.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers?

Take notes...

1- Don't be a snake.

2- Just like anywhere else, you'll be treated like shit by some people... if you want to become relevant to the community you're going to have to work your way up.

3- Have fun and chill out, meaning that if somebody made a slight mistake, there's always the chance to save everybody precious time and forgive them, i've made many friends this way.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

ayy Montanez the space boi. Good interview.

Thumper    0

I have to say, this guy got shit on by us so much when he first started playing, IC of course. Never once did he complain. I have to say he is probably one of the coolest motherfuckers I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Defiance    96

Dig the interview, but not as much as I dig the Montanez. I'd break out of prison with this guy any day of the week.

Volke    131

Great interview Montanez :) - was a pleasure to read- simple in theory but you speak a lot of truth - well done!

Very nice montanez :) that miss rdm tho lmfao

Bruce    0

A good simple interview! Good luck with engineering m8, it's definitely not easy.

oh god the miss RDM, that was a good one. Good ole Reaper days, I remember I was that chinese kid in getting my teddy spit on by Scott. Good times, awesome interview and it was great playing with Mr waldo man

Roman    0

Reading about the engineering story was very interesting, sounds like someone I would love to talk to about all kind of things.

Good interview.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Oh my

Storm    215

Really good interview Montanez, maybe one day you'll get to walk on mars! Make your dreams come true mate!

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Remember Montanez, if you become an austronat bring the space gun with you, already got pretty good with it anyway right?

Terra    1449

Thanks for the interview Terra <3 !

No need to thank me. THANK YOU! <3

I love the funny video! And I watched the stream live, which was awesome!

MY BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

danny phantom lookin boy

danny phantom lookin boy

Not everyone can be a majestic rhino Mr. Vitdick

Jester    48

Enjoyed your interview! Especially the MISS RDM video. Only one word could describe such a shot. Amazing :P

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

danny phantom lookin boy

Not everyone can be a majestic rhino Mr. Vitdick

Taco Bell looking ass

Conor    254

I'm actually going to college for Aerospace Engineering, in future hopes of becoming an Astronaut. Although this was a thing that i wanted to do as a kid, i am already taking Engineering classes and i am now extremely convinced that i want to do this for a living. I am also aware of the challenges and dedication it takes. So check out the NASA Astronaut page in about 15-20 years, if you see me in there, i made it!

https://jscfeatures.jsc.nasa.gov/pages.ashx/320/BeAnAstronaut

Good luck :)

Montanez    25

https://jscfeatures.jsc.nasa.gov/pages.ashx/320/BeAnAstronaut

Good luck :)

This astronaut program will test the Orion spacecraft, next one will most likely test the Space Launch System (in about 6-10 years) and then the next one will be focusing on getting to Mars (in about 10-15 years) , that's when i come in handy, that would be the first program in which i'd be able to apply as it's around the time where i'd be done with all the requirements. I guess i was born a lil too late :(