Server time: 2017-08-21, 17:58

Sign in to follow this  
baskorthuis

How vehicle's currently spawn

baskorthuis    10

Recently I found some trucks around Polana, but I never had a truck battery or a glow plug with me.

So I began thinking. Why do all spawned trucks 

not work. I thought it would be more realistic when some cars miss some parts, but with a chance that it has all the parts. 

I would like to know how you guys think about this.

Jamie    1182

I think looters would go around stripping cars for parts and metal. And rioters may damage the cars and such? If you ever played vanilla mod, you'd literally need to find all the wheels, scrap metal, windscreen, engine, fuel parts. I much prefer this then just hopping in a truck and driving around. It makes you take pride in it a little more. And makes you protective over it.

I'd love the trucks to spawn without wheels, engines, glowplugs.

The reason they spawn without batteries or glow plugs, is because it makes it that much more interesting. You find a vehicle, you don't the parts. You have the parts you don't have a vehicle. Gameplay wise this makes things more challenging and survival like. e.g You are not going to find a store full of groceries in the apocalypse. So, you shouldn't expect vehicles, homes, etc to have things that you are looking for.

This is a survival game. So, you will struggle to find things that you need or want.

Also, I don't think that there is even a small chance that you will come across a vehicle that has all the parts, unless you are stealing it from someone.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]And also from what I understand in upcoming patches even more things will be missing. They want you to work on a vehicle if you want to have it. I won't be suprissed if they will spawn one day without wheels sitting on bricks. From pictures provided by devs you can see that they are working on realistic look of the engine, checking the blinkers oil included.

Hagger    117

In my opinion the trucks should have much more removable parts: fan belts, coolant liquid, brake oil etc. And you should have tools like screwdriver and wrench to add or remove them from you car. This would make having a working car a commitment, something that you really have to work for.

baskorthuis    10

In my opinion the trucks should have much more removable parts: fan belts, coolant liquid, brake oil etc. And you should have tools like screwdriver and wrench to add or remove them from you car. This would make having a working car a commitment, something that you really have to work for.

I agree. It would be nice if there was a chance that one or more of the parts would be in the truck.

So everytime you find a truck, you need diffrent parts.

Yeah, if trucks spawned functional then everyone would have one; would make it not as much of a prize to own one. Hopefully they'll add more variance to parts and make it a little more entertaining to work on a broken down vehicle.

Storm    203

The current system is merely a placeholder. In the future, trucks, cars, heli's etc will all spawn with random parts. You may even find one working.

baskorthuis    10

The current system is merely a placeholder. In the future, trucks, cars, heli's etc will all spawn with random parts. You may even find one working.

Great! It seems even more of a challenge if random parts miss. So every time you need to find out what you need and where to find it.

TheRickster    0

I agree with Jamie, the old system was way more difficult. I think needing the battery and glow plugs helps prevent any average Joe from hopping in a truck and stocking up on supplies.