Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:04
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Scouser

Have S3 as the main EU server

Should S3 be the main server over S1?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should S3 be the main server over S1?

• Yes
    • No

Scouser    115

Some of you might have realised that S1 has been running poorly recently compared to S3 due to the amount of lag and dysnc on the server. The people who attended the slave event will know where I'm coming from with the whole dysnc and lag. so what's everyone's opinions on maybe  have S3 as the main EU server?

Flapjack    66

When S1 has been proposing consistent issues, we will switch S3 to the main EU server in the meantime. However, I believe if we were to continuously use it as the main server, it would still expose Fragnet's poor reliability. Just as we do not have S3 up permanently, we do not notice it.

Scouser    115

When S1 has been proposing consistent issues, we will switch S3 to the main EU server in the meantime. However, I believe if we were to continuously use it as the main server, it would still expose Fragnet's poor reliability. Just as we do not have S3 up permanently, we do not notice it.

not sure if I follow correctly but I have had no problems with S3 if that's what you're stating

Flapjack    66

not sure if I follow correctly but I have had no problems with S3 if that's what you're stating

What I'm suggesting is; if we were to have S3 up permanently, I believe we would experience the same or similar issues. As we only have it up temporarily at times, we do not have the time on the server to experience the problems.

Scouser    115

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

well there's only one way to find out and that's to try

Randle    927

What I'm suggesting is; if we were to have S3 up permanently, I believe we would experience the same or similar issues. As we only have it up temporarily at times, we do not have the time on the server to experience the problems.

There has been times where s3 has been up for a decent amount of time and I have experienced no issues whereas I always have lag and dsync issues on s1 no matter how long it has been up

Dusty    1568

If possible, I think switching to a different server provider would be the best option, once .59 comes out.

Ramon    360

Sure the server (S1) is not always perfect. But why change then? Is S3 not having problems when a lot of people join?

Scouser    115

I have personally not had any problems with S3 but I Keep having problems with S1 for lag and terrible dysnc. The people who I speak to have also had no problems with S3. Also it's a big problem when a British guy gets better connection on an American Server over an EU server

i like s3 more tbh, better ping. 350 instead of 400. Still shit but better

baskorthuis    10

S1 was running poorly last week. Was having a great RP until the lagg came around the corner.

Never had problems on S3, so give it a try.

Flapjack    66

S2 experiences these issues also and over the last week or so, has complete broken down a few times. Which to me, further implies that the reason S3 only seems so much better is because it's not open and experiencing heavy load on a daily basis. Plus, after S1 broke down yesterday and we switched to S3, we ended up experiencing similar issues. Especially considering the few times that S3 has been up for a few days to a week, and had consistent 50 players - The server struggles just like S1 and S2.

I'm not opposed to trying this out, I'm just trying to get across that you shouldn't get your hopes up, as I am certain that S3 isn't as miraculous as it seems.

Kaplyn    0

Maybe it's time to change the server provider?

Because i assume the problem is on the server providers side?

Dew    409

S3 is better that S1, alot less people complain about S3. If the staff already knows there are issues with S1 then why not just keep it down and keep S3 until S1 has been fixed?