Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:26

Sign in to follow this  

What cool ideas do you have for items/animations to be added to DayZ?

What are some cool items or animations do you think should be added to DayZ?

I think it would be cool to add some planes and falling animations. Along with a way larger map. Also more people to server. Along with lag fixes. Some more hacking firewalls. Along with new guns and cars... Remember, you can add whatever you want. As long as its semi-appropiate.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    750

Rolling up sleeves, doing zip's on hoodys and jackets up etc

But then again this game isn't being made soley for RP so we can only ask so much

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

When ever cigarettes get added I want a smoking animation.

Ghillie backpack cover

Jack Allen    18

Smoking animation for sure. Sliding masks up and down, rolling up sleeves, and maybe more punching animations. But none of this probably will ever happen anyways.

Ellie    335

the ability to sit on a chair or a bench would be great

the ability to sit on a chair or a bench would be great

Especially if it helps you rest more!

stash as one could in dayz mod or sandbags

Stash-Medium_-_Close-up.png

Ellie    335

also the ability to place something on a table?

The ability to play russian roulette.

Glasses cracking when punched. And the ability to control a cuffed player, like put his head in water for interrogations

Working Sunglasses, mask outline visible when wearing it. Cracks in glasses visible

zoyo    65

I would like to see more clothing added into the game, obviously they will continue to do this. I dont have anything very specific in mind but the more types of civilian clothing the better in my opinion. I would like to see them prioritize adding civilian gear over military at this point. Right now I think there is enough of that but I guess I'm biased because I play RP a civilian character. I think its a long shot they will ever prioritize civilian over military though, especially after seeing some of the thing they are working on in the last dev blog. RPGs, FAL, G17...

I would like to see more clothing added into the game, obviously they will continue to do this. I dont have anything very specific in mind but the more types of civilian clothing the better in my opinion. I would like to see them prioritize adding civilian gear over military at this point. Right now I think there is enough of that but I guess I'm biased because I play RP a civilian character. I think its a long shot they will ever prioritize civilian over military though, especially after seeing some of the thing they are working on in the last dev blog. RPGs, FAL, G17...

The reality is that the RP community is a minority of the playerbase. The majority of servers and vanilla players won't care too much about new civilian clothing so much. Not in the same way we here do. Vanilla players play survival and PvP, which means that things like camo/military and high tier weapons are what they want.

For those players (the majority) an RPG or G17 etc. means a lot more to them and gives them a reason to play. We're lucky in the sense that because the mechanics and functions are taking so long - the only thing the dev team can reliably and consistently release is clothing, weapons and items.

I would say at this point you may see more small arms (pistols, hunting rifles and so on) - but as far as mid-high tier (think sub machine guns, assault weapons, explosives and gear) loot goes, I'm sure the dev team wants to add more.

Joules    226

When it comes to new gear being in Dayz. I am really wanting to see a substantial increase in clothing, preferably regular civilian clothing. I doubt very much we will see this coming from the devs however, and will probably just have to wait till modding capability to see these dreams actualized. For instance, I wouldn't mind seeing a trench coat in the game, if they could minimize any clipping issues. Oh and maybe they can fix Dean's face. That would be nice.

custom unique weaponry some weaponry barely seen in games like the Keltec Sub 2000

920fca7dd83b04c330a2859f03c1f605.jpg

civilian weaponry, less military centered weaponry and clothing.

hoodies that have the hood go up, dynamic clothing like the plate carrier,

the leather holster that detectives use6c5a146797ecfdfa7fddb0e756eca9ee.jpg

clothing where you can add shit to it, like the Boonie hat or the plate carrier, modular clothing in general.

in terms of animation, when they add smokes, it best have a smoking animation. a better eating, bandaging and healing animation.

more in depth medical skills like in exiled, the ability to OD on morphine and the better dying animation cause I'm a sucker for funny corpses position and there comes a time where I run to my friend's body to grab his shit and I break down laughing cause his head is inside his ass.

what they should add tho is mini games, the ability to play blackjack, or simple games like chess. to make settlements more appealing. dayz is after all a zombie survivor simulator, maybe they'll do something different than what they did with arma, where it's all about the fight

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]The holster above and a one with belt so it's on your left or right side (wild west style) would be great. Some people would also probably want the possibility to put a gun straight into pants - gangsta style.

Hagger    117

I think leaning animation would be cool.

If you stood long enough time next to a fence or a wall, the character would casually lean against it.

Also combining animations would be nice, i.e. sitting and waving

baskorthuis    10

I would like to see more types of clothing. The more types of clothing, the more unique one piece is.

More types of animals would be great. The animals that are in the game as of now need some improvement too.

Last week, I saw a deer running into a mountain and fanished in thin air.

Hagger    117

Since we don't have any working trains, but only the train tracks, why can't we have handcars?

There would 2 or 3 spread across the map. You could drive one alone, but if you have a friend with you it would go x2 faster. On the sides you could fit maybe 2 people more. This would be awesome way to move around the map silently and effortlessly. Nobody could hide or steal the handcars since they would be attached to the rails, so your chances running into one would be pretty good. 

I can also imagine the situations where two handcars crash on the rails and the huge argument who should back out.

Handcar-1-.jpg

TheWolf2777    2

I wouldn't mind a "rummaging through your pack" type animation. It would certainly be more realistic when you are looking in your inventory