Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:11

Sign in to follow this  
Hagger

Loud popping sounds

Question

Hagger    117

I've had this problem in the past aswell, but seems like it has gotten worse.

Every once in a while I hear this loud "pop" in my headphones when playing DayZ. These "pops" come in a random interval. Sound is similar when you pluck the audio cord of your headphones out in a middle of a song. After the pop comes a 2 - 3 seconds silence when I can't hear any of the game sounds. This only occurs during DayZ and the only sounds that get muted are the DayZ sounds.

When I just tried to play this popping was constantly disturbing the gameplay. It was impossible to have any kind of conversation with anyone. In the past I had one or two "pops" and then they stopped. Now it was every minute two or three "pops" for almost 30 minutes.

First I thought that my headphones are falling apart. So I got a new one, but the problem persists. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

12 answers to this question

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

It is a known sound glitch that is solved by restarting DayZ if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: I have had a similar bug before is this happening literally every time you open dayz?

DarkSide    231

I have it as well when I start shooting or someone shoots around me.

I solve it by relogging.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    752

I have the issue a lot 9 times out of 10 a restart fixes it

Cid    333

I haven't had this problem for a long time, but every time I restart the game it fixes the issue, as everyone else has said in this thread. Can't find anything on the feedback tracker about it (I'm sure it's there somewhere) but it's been a bug for a while now. Just try restarting your game, it should fix the issue.

Known issue, not much you can do about it. Apparently relogging fixes it? I even had it at the same time at Zeleno clinic with a friend. Both of us going simultaneously "Oww, fuck! What was that?"

Voodoo    366

Yea its a dayz problem that has been happening randomly since 0.58. You just need to relog when it happens and if it happens again after reclogging its best to completely close down and restart the game.

Chinchilla    75

Ive had this and relogging didnt help... so i replaced my headphones and i was good. I wouldnt rule out the bug, but it could be many things.

Storm    203

It could be the bug mentioned above, or it could be a headset issue. If everything is plugged in correctly, and this issue doesn't occur in other games, then DayZ is the culprit.

Kanen    108

This is a know audio bug for DayZ at the moment. However;

You should try restarting your game, I had this issue and doing that seemed to work. You could also try re-verifying your game cache at the same time. 

Also it could be your headphones so if the top suggestion does not work you could try using some different one's.

Hagger    117

Alright, trying to relog next time when this occurs.

Thank you everyone from the answers!

Mark as solved

Kanen    108

Glad you got this fixed solving as requested.

/solving.