Server time: 2019-03-25, 21:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Para

S1 Baiting, avoiding rp / bad rp.

Server and location: S1 at Green mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Around 21:20 server time. 16/10/2015

Daytime or Night-time: Both.

Your in game name: Lewis Knight

Names of allies involved: Zoja Kolsky, Dan Sommer (Shoo Ping Yao was also involved with talking to the man)

Name/Skin of suspect/s: Dimitr Petrenko, Alex Hudson and George (don't know his last name).

Suspects weapon/s: Mixture of AKs.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): I have a video recording of the first event and am looking for the second video showing us being baited and killed.

Video 1 (the avoiding rp / bad rp):

Detailed description of the events:

POV:

Zoja had spotted a guy sneaking around GM. After around 10-15 minutes i decided to go and speak to him to find out what he was doing. I walked up to him and began to talk to him from which I received little to no role play from the man whatsoever. This goes on for roughly 15-20 minutes whereby we receive very little rp from him still. He occasionally answered with one - two word answers until one moment he points out in game there is somebody on top of the tower of GM. Throughout the scenario I constantly attempt to talk to him and ask him why he is sneaking around and he ignores me 90% of the time and continues to shuffle around. In the end, we asked him to leave the area (no initiation yet) and he understands and leaves the area. I follow him for a few moments and watch him leave towards Zelenogorsk out of the treeline.

For the second part, Dimitr comes back up to the compound and continues to sneak around and listen in. We find him and again, the process repeats. I ask him what he is doing, what's his name, why he is here and whatnot. In the end we decide to initiate because it felt as if there was no other way of communicating with him. Both Alex Hudson and George initiate with us. As we go to tie him up (around 2 minutes later, still trying to talk to the man) they both open fire on us, killing all 3 of us in the process.

I talked to them in TS and they claimed that Dimitr was playing a character that did not speak English. I feel as if this is BadRP in itself because it leaves us with very little option and opportunity for RP. In addition to this, he also understood a few of the things we did (like Shoo's full name, asking him to leave, telling him to put his hands up). I also feel as if it was baiting because George was found hiding in the trees and claimed to be scared (Zoja points this out in text logs) looking as if he was waiting for us to initiate. The whole situation felt as if they were waiting for us to initiate.

(In the video i apologise for the recording not recording my voice but you can get the idea that every time the VOIP symbol comes up I am asking him questions / trying to role play with him.)

Kill Logs:

21:20:04 | Player "Dan Sommer"(id=) has been killed by player "Alex Hudson"(id=)

21:20:51 | "Lewis Knight(uid=) DIED Blood <= 0"

21:20:09 | "Zoja Kolsky(uid=) DIED Blood <= 0"

Hit Logs:

[spoiler=Dan Sommer]

21:20:04 | "Alex Hudson(uid=) SHOT Dan Sommer(uid=) by AKS74U into rightarm."
21:20:04 | "Alex Hudson(uid=) SHOT Dan Sommer(uid=) by AKS74U into rightarm."
21:20:04 | "Alex Hudson(uid=) SHOT Dan Sommer(uid=) by AKS74U into RightArm."

[spoiler=Lewis Knight]

21:20:04 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Lewis Knight(uid=) by AKM into leftarm."
21:20:05 | "Player Lewis Knight(id=) has fallen into unconsciousness."
21:20:05 | "Alex Hudson(uid=) SHOT Lewis Knight(uid=) by AKS74U into head."
21:20:06 | "Alex Hudson(uid=) SHOT Lewis Knight(uid=) by AKS74U into RightArm."
21:20:06 | "Lewis Knight(uid=) STARTS BLEEDING."

[spoiler=Zoja Kolsky]

21:20:04 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Zoja Kolsky(uid=) by AKM into RightArm."
21:20:04 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Zoja Kolsky(uid=) by AKM into RightArm."
21:20:05 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Zoja Kolsky(uid=) by AKM into RightArm."
21:20:05 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Zoja Kolsky(uid=) by AKM into RightArm."
21:20:05 | "Player Zoja Kolsky(id=) has fallen into unconsciousness."
21:20:05 | "Zoja Kolsky(uid=) has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::20439.8"
21:20:05 | "George Cheeks(uid=) SHOT Zoja Kolsky(uid=) by AKM into Head."
21:20:06 | "Zoja Kolsky(uid=) STARTS BLEEDING."

Chat Logs:

20:27:14 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): i seen someone run round outside
20:39:39 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): lewis found a guy out the back of the compound
20:39:48 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): and hes not talking
20:44:22 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): czech? he asked if you speak czech
20:45:11 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *shrugs*
20:45:25 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): ive only heard him speak english so far
20:47:23 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *scratches head* alright, im done, im going back in the compound
20:49:19 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *taps man on shoulder* what are you doing in this tree?
20:49:41 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): what are you doing?
20:50:02 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): do you speak? dobry den?
20:50:08 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): ahoy?
20:50:34 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): do you speak or no?
20:50:49 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): oh, thats not russian
20:51:09 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): no idea, he said he doesnt speak russian when i spoke to him in chernarussian
20:51:15 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): and he wont respond to english
20:51:23 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): no, its chernarussian
20:51:28 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): yes it is
20:51:33 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): i know my own language
20:51:36 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): yes it is
20:51:45 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *sighs* its chernarussian
20:59:00 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): //bugged, rip
20:59:45 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // lag ?
20:59:59 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // lagging out ?
21:00:04 | Chat("Lewis Knight"(id=)): //No
21:01:14 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): okay, thanks for letting me know
21:01:26 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): some russians or chernarussians
21:02:08 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *scratches head* comrade? yeah, definitely russian
21:02:16 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // LAG
21:02:20 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // SORRY
21:02:45 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *smirks* american came outta nowhere
21:02:51 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): dont sound american at all
21:03:06 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // Im lagging like a lot
21:03:15 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): not guarding it
21:03:57 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): yeah, lewis gets annoyed when people close the gates
21:04:14 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): why is there a pumpkin on a stick stuck to the tower?
21:05:49 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): nope
21:06:16 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // LAGS 
21:06:56 | Chat("Lewis Knight"(id=)): //Whilst nothing it happeneing, cut out the OOC or log. Make it known you're lagging when it's needed.
21:08:57 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *shrugs* nope
21:09:30 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): zoja
21:10:33 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *puts her hand spread out on the ground and starts stabbing the spaces inbetween her fingers, speeding up as she plays*
21:12:37 | Chat("Lewis Knight"(id=)): *he leans in and kisses her cheek*
21:12:38 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *smiles* good
21:13:02 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *continues playing the knife game*
21:14:36 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): yeah im good *looks up*
21:15:07 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): bye
21:15:14 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): you too
21:16:08 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): hi
21:16:14 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): good, yourself?
21:16:33 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): *shrugs* there might be some lying around
21:17:12 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): find any?
21:17:17 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): have some of mine
21:18:08 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): just ignore what you heard outside there, my friends are just a bit pissed at a buy that kept sneaking around and wouldnt talk
21:18:17 | Chat("Dan Sommer"(id=)): *frisks for radio*
21:18:19 | Chat("Zoja Kolsky"(id=)): //guy
21:18:28 | Chat("Alex Hudson"(id=)): // lag ?
21:18:30 | Chat("Dan Sommer"(id=)): //do i find one ?
21:18:54 | Chat("Dan Sommer"(id=)): *takes the radio*

Disconnect/Connect Logs:

[spoiler=Dan Sommer]

20:29:19 | Player "Dan Sommer" is connected (id=)
21:23:08 | Player "Dan Sommer" is connected (id=)

[spoiler=Dimitr Petrenko]

18:33:59 | Player "Dimitr Petrenko" is connected (id=)
19:00:32 | Player "Dimitr Petrenko"(id=) has been disconnected
19:04:07 | Player "Dimitr Petrenko" is connected (id=)
21:38:34 | Player "Dimitr Petrenko"(id=) has been disconnected
22:05:29 | Player "Dimitr Petrenko" is connected (id=)

[spoiler=Lewis Knight]

19:59:38 | Player "Lewis Knight" is connected (id=)
21:40:53 | Player "Lewis Knight"(id=) has been disconnected

[spoiler=George Cheeks]

18:35:42 | Player "George Cheeks" is connected (id=)
21:42:48 | Player "George Cheeks"(id=) has been disconnected
21:56:47 | Player "George Cheeks" is connected (id=)

[spoiler=Alex Hudson]

18:23:32 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)
20:22:43 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected
20:29:32 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)
20:32:28 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected
20:32:37 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)
20:44:26 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected
20:44:33 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)
20:49:43 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected
20:50:04 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

Calling Dimitr Petrenko, George Cheeks, Alex Hudson into the report to post their POV.

POV - George Cheeks.

We've been running from Vybor to GM. We thought we'll find some good guys there and hopefully some food, cause we've been recently eating just apples. When we arrived, Dimitr went around the compound and Alex has been kicked. I waited for him just for sure someone/something doesn't kill him and in that time those guys found Dimitr and that was the last time we heard about him. We went the way the voices were coming from and then I went under a tree close to them. They were talking and it seemed that they are friendly. Somebody pat on my shoulder, it was Zoja, I had to give some reasonable answer why I'am crouching in a tree. I told her I was scared and other things... They released Dimitr and said to him don't come back. We went inside with them a enjoyed the food. Dimitr was waiting outside just that they can't see him but a guy Shoo Ping Yao spotted him and told them that he is there in a bush and they went after him. We were all talking to him and then I guess Lewis raised the gun at him and we knew it's not good. Alex tried to stop them by telling them he has talked with lot of those guys and he knows how to make them talk without need of guns. They didn't care. There was just no way they would put their guns down when we would say ,,Put the guns down and lay on the ground", so we had to kill them.

PS: Dimitr plays a character that doesn't speak much english. You came to him and asked him if he speaks English and he said ,,No" and you start asking him questions in English. Maybe try a different language or as Shoo tried just some basic words :)

How can that not be considered BadRP if he sits there and says pretty much nothing. As shown in my video the RP was frustrating because all he did was dance around us and say very little. He made very little communication and did not make much of an attempt to communicate even through other means. I don't see how this isn't either avoiding rp or badrp?

Your friend also metagamed Shoo's name meaning he understood exactly what was being said. Throughout the whole situation he was giving hints that he did understand what we were saying, like saying what shoo's name was, saying there was a guy on the tower. For a character that doesn't speak much english, there were some pretty awful hints at that. I could not tell if he was somebody who didn't understand english or not because of the lack of effort to communicate, even for example in another language.

Dimitr Petrenko - POV

We've came from Vybor and at the GM Alex was kicked out, because of bad ping. I went behind the wall and watched them. They spotted me. They asked me if I speak english, I said No but they still asked me in english. They talked with me and I didn't much know what to say, because I had to play it like I don't understand them so I just said some english words and I knew Shoo from before. He was the only one that was smart enough to atleast try some basic words like ,,Me - Shoo." They left me and said that I can't come back so I went to a bush by the road to GM. I had to wait because of my two friends that were inside with them. Then Shoo just walked around me and spotted me, he ran to them and tell them I'm there. They talked to me (Again in english) and then they pointed the guns at me yelling ,,Put your hands up" and then ,,Drop your weapon" even when I had them in the air... Alex tried to solve it without guns but they didn't really care. I yelled ,,Don't shoot me!! Please" and then George and Alex started shooting and killed them. Then a guy came named Billy or something like that telling us that it's good he would do the same thing if his friend would be in trouble. We let him take some stuff and ran away.

POV - Alex Hudson

So, we went from vybor to GM, near the GM we heared som guys and last thing before I got this: "Session lost" was that I noticed that Dimitri was cought by that guy. You can see it for yourselves in the Logs :

18:23:32 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

20:22:43 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected

20:29:32 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

20:32:28 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected

20:32:37 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

20:44:26 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected

20:44:33 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

20:49:43 | Player "Alex Hudson"(id=) has been disconnected

20:50:04 | Player "Alex Hudson" is connected (id=)

All of this is me getting kicked and trying to reconnect.

When I finally had this under control Dimitri was released I came to GM and I ate some pumpkins they gave me. Than I heard shouting infront of the gates. I came there and I saw a guy shouting at Dimitri. I tried to calm situation down - I failed apparently. The atmosphere was worse and worse and the danger was bigger and bigger for Dimitri. Till point we thought they are going to shoot him we decided act first.

Verdict:

Dimitr Petrenko Badrp - Guilty.

Reason:

Okay im going to go over some things that you did wrong in this situation, and tell you how you could improve on them.

In your pov you are claiming that your char does not speak English, while this is fine to do. You could have done so many things to make it

more clear that that was indeed what was going on. 

Standing there and not saying anything is pretty unrealistic, you could have emoted a number of things that would have made it more clear

for the people you had encountered that you did not speak English. Something like *Looks around nervously* could have been used to

direct them to the idea you didn't speak English.

Here's my biggest issue, your character did speak English in the video multiple times, and while you have an accent it is not nearly broken enough English to warrant seven minutes of silence and bandit shuffling. This is a role play server you are expected to do so.

I noticed that your profile says that you are from the Czech republic, this could be used so well in the setting of dayz, taking into account the suggestions i gave earlier and maybe even speaking in Czech in game sometimes could be some awesome rp.

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome:

Dimitr Petrenko [Guilty] - Badrp - 5 days and 10 points.