Server time: 2018-08-18, 12:17

Sign in to follow this  
Conor

S3 - BadRP - 2340

Server and location: Server 3 - Green Mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Time-2240 | Date-14/10/2015

Daytime or Night-time:  Night

Your in game name: Daniel Novak

Names of allies involved: Charlie Lorenz & Roman Konstantin

Name/Skin of suspect/s: Isaac Miller <-- Main suspect | Henry Till <-- his friend

Suspects weapon/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

[video=youtube]

Detailed description of the events: Terra, Roman and I were up at good ol' GM, RPing with some guys. Isaac and Henry show up. RP ensued. Henry caught on fire. Isaac pissed on him. The video shows all.

Chat Logs:

22:41:23 | Chat(Isaac Miller): *unzips pants*
22:42:25 | Chat(Isaac Miller): *ZIPS PANTS BACK UP*

Connection Logs:

22:50:04 | Player Isaac Miller has been disconnected
22:52:52 | Player Henry Till has been disconnected

Calling Isaac Miller and Henry Till into this report.

So me, Terra and Conor came to Green Mountain and there was no body there, after a few minutes a few people started showing up and we started RPing, then the suspects entered the compound and we RP for a little bit, Henry then starts grilling meat over a fire when he suddenly catches on fire and we tell him to remove his backpack and role around, he does this for a bit and puts it out, he then goes back grilling stakes and I learn that they are or at least Isaac is former police so I start giving them a little shit saying things like "If I knew you were cops I would have enjoyed seeing your friend on fire" since my character is a former convict and hates cops.

Then after a while Henry get's put on fire again and starts running around, we tell him to remove his backpack once again and roll, he does it but doesn't work, so since I now know that they are cops I walk over to him and start spitting on him to put the fire out.

His friend then proceeds to move closer to us and starts unziping his pants and starts pissing on the guy.

POV Charlie Lorenz

Everything was already said by Roman. I have recorded the situations too.

[video=youtube]

My character RP is a lowlife scumbag redneck, i put on a uniform to trick people into thinking i am in a position of power. I pissed on my friend to put the fire out he was burning and i wanted to stop the fire, being a scumbag pissing on the fire to put it out. Stated in the rules is: "Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in." I feel i have accomplished this by behaving like a stereotypical redneck.

Perhaps you missed this in our rules, then.

129b1c14ce.png

It's immature to try and put a fire out that is burning my friend? The means i used were to try and reinforce the nature of my character, to build on the RP. I feel the actions i took fit perfectly with the RP of my character.

I was having trouble in the game because i had put a torch in my bag (didnt think it would stay on fire and burn me in my bag btw). I fix the issue then i cooked up some meat over a fire. after this i pick up the torch into my hand everyone says im burning so i throw it away 28secs in on the video without me knowing i keep burning again then i start rolling on the ground to put out the fire that i couldnt see because im still not sure whats going on. at 51 secs in on the video im told harshly to remove my backpack then i stop moving because i got disconnected, i got a lost session message not sure why .. then i relogged.

It's immature to try and put a fire out that is burning my friend? The means i used were to try and reinforce the nature of my character, to build on the RP. I feel the actions i took fit perfectly with the RP of my character.

I know plenty of rednecks, and they likely would have just used water.

Any particular reason you didn't choose this route?

Verdict:

Isaac Miller: Bad RP - Guilty

Henry Till: Bad RP - Guilty

Reason:

Isaac, and Henry, I will be honest when I say that there was some difficulty deciding the severity of the punishment you two should receive. There was some difficulty because the behaviour shown in the videos provided was truly abhorrent. Allow me to refresh your memory of one of our role playing rules here at DayZRP. It states:

bf88fa7725.png

In the quote provided above, I highlighted an important word that I feel is appropriate to the very situation that brought us here today. You two took a situation that could have provided some interesting role play, and turned it into a farce. To reiterate, when placing a torch inside a backpack, it gives off the hilarious effect that your clothes are actually on fire --an effect that could have been used to your advantage to provide good role play given the situation. However, the final effect left much to be desired.

Isaac Miller. You were the one who decided that urinating on your friend, Mr.Till, would be the appropriate way to put out a fire. This, you say, is justified by the fact that your character is --and I quote-- a "lowlife scumbag redneck." (post #5) As the rule provided earlier states, you must provide realistic, and mature role play in our community. Those are the standards held, and unfortunately the standard wasn't met in this particular instance. While it is appreciated that you tried to think on your feet and behave as you believe your character would, the action wasn't met with enthusiasm. 

Henry Till. You are also very much involved in what transpired. You were role playing that your character was actually on fire, and yet you made yourself comfortable on the ground and showed little care through your role play that your character was in peril. While you did roll on the ground to try to put out the fire, you laughed at the fact that you were on fire, and also stated "Being on fire isn't too bad". Due to your involvement, and the distasteful display shown, you will receive the same punishment as your friend, Isaac Miller.

As explained earlier, there was a missed opportunity for interesting and realistic role play here. By using the torch glitch, it could have been role played out that Henry stepped too close to the fire, and his pants caught ablaze. The rush of people throwing water on him, combined with the hilarity of him rolling on the ground to get rid of the fire could have been very interesting for the people present in the compound. Instead, the acts that took place put a damper on the role play and were met with disdain. 

With the above stated, the following applies

Outcome:

Isaac Miller: Bad RP - 5 day ban + 1 Banstrike (10 points)

Henry Till: Bad RP - 5 day ban + 1 Banstrike (10 points)