Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Khardia

DayZRP basics + guide

Khardia    0

This guide is meant to complete Mavasaur's Your first day On DayZRP guide.

Welcome to the server! This guide will be updated with your feedbacks / what you want me to put there.

Now that you've created your account...

Welcome on the website with your new account! *cheers*

FORUM

Stuck parts of the guide

I CAN'T FIND THE RULES PASSPHRASE

We can't help you with that. You need to find it yourself.

Here are all the tips that us, the DayZRP community, can give you:

• -Read the Rules section carefully.
  • -Read the Rules more carefully.
  • -Read them word by word.

That's all we can tell you. DO NOT ASK FOR IT IN THE IRC OR IN THE FORUMS, YOU WON'T GET ANSWERED.

__

YOUR REAL ACTIVATION

• Make sure to post at least 1 message on the forums so your account doesn't get deleted after some weeks. (Just making a "hello" thread in the Joining/Leaving section is enough)
  • If your account was deleted, you WILL NEED TO re-subscribe AND make a new whitelist application. Your gear may have been lost also (if you're unlucky).

Now that you've REALLY activated your account, go work on your whitelist application in the Whitelist tab!

THE APPLICATION

We (the staff) suggest that you apply to the server like if you were applying to a job. Which means that you take your time, do your best to write in proper English and that you're serious about it. Take a look at this thread and don't make the mistakes listed there!

Give your application several days to be processed. It's usually processed in less than 5 days, but as stated in the Application page :

Your application will be handled by the admin team and processed within a few days.
"Few days" is is wide, so give it around 5 days. Either way, it'll be handled someday (Soon).

IT'S CLOSED?

The application follows a schedule. Stay updated with this thread to know when it opens again!

THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS OF THE FORUM

The Announcements is a section where you can hear about the latest DayZRP news.

The Informations section is where you can see everything about the server. The Server Version and Server password threads are probably the ones you're the most interested in.

The Joining/Leaving section is for newcomers or players that are leaving us. Not a lot to talk about.

The Guides and Tutorials section (the one you're in) is all about questions about a rule, guides of pretty much anything -CONCERNING DAYZ(RP)- and loads of informations.

The General Discussion section is about whatever you want, but concerning DayZ(RP). THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO POST ABOUT TROUBLESHOOTINGS TROUBLES/MAKE REPORTS.

The Clans and Groups section is where you can learn about all the different clans present on the server. If you're looking to join one, you can either directly apply to it (by sending the owner's a PM) or you can post your "C.V." there. This section is also the section where you can see the political aspect of DayZRP.

The Suggestions section is where you can.. well.. suggest. You can ask for pretty much everything you'd like to be added in the server (use it with common sense. We will never add tanks or any other such thing.)

The DayZRP mod Discussion is like the Suggestions section, but different. There, you can discuss bugs and troubles you've encountered using our mod.

The Chernarussian's Events section is all about events going on in Chernarus (RP1). You can make your own event, if you wish to, but prepare it and make sure that the event will be enjoyable for most of the server and not only for a small part of it.

The Roleplaying section is a place where you can share your backstories/diaries/journal/whatever concerning your character. it's not a place to RP between people, but a place to share infos about your character.

The Trading section is a place where you can trade with RP1 items. If you want to buy something or sell something but you can't go in trade post, it's the right place!

The Troubleshooting section is where you can ask for GUID/PID RESETS.

• It's NOT a place where you can ask for a name change. To do so, please PM a senior staff member (GM/Admin/Server Owner) with the reason of your change.
  • You can change your name only once.

In this section, you can ask for help about your technical problems. Please, take a look at the previous threads before making a new one : your answer is probably there.

The Formal Reports section is where you can report a player for breaking the rules. This section has specific rules and anyone going there MUST read them all. To create a report, please read this thread.

WARNING : You CAN'T post in reports you aren't involved in.

WARNING : You're strongly suggested to make a report discussion before making a formal report.

The Report Discussion section is a place where you can discuss about what happened in a situation (especially when you are unsure whether or not a rule was broken). Please, make one before creating a Formal report!

• Everyone can post in this section of the forum;
  • Logs ARE NOT given in Report discussions.

The Ban Appeals is a place where you can post if you think you've been banned incorrectly.

• You can't post in other people's ban appeals. Ban appeals are meant to be between GMs and the Original Poster.

The Media section is for sharing videos/channels/everything concerning the Internet. It isn't focused on DayZ.

The Off-Topic section is like the General Discussion, but not about DayZ stuff.

MY APPLICATION WAS ACCEPTED

Congratulations! Now, you can go download the DayZRP mod and make sure you're up to date with the Server Version!

To know the ways to join the servers, click on the one you wish to join. RP1 (Chernarus)

Original Poster opinion: I suggest you use the DayZRP launcher. It's the easiest and quickest way to join our servers.

MY APPLICATION WAS DENIED

If your application was denied, make sure to follow the guide listed above in order to avoid making the same mistakes. Make sure you have a good RP backstory.

WHAT IS A "GOOD RP BACKSTORY"?

RP backstories can have different forms. You can talk as you were your character (1st person) or as if you were narrating his story (3rd person). You can either make the backstory look like a diary, a journal, a biography or the usual "I tell a story" form.

I suggest you go take a look at the Roleplaying section as you can find a lot of background and get some ideas (DO NOT COPY THEM: use them as models).

We encourage people to be original while making their backstory. (Telling us that you've oddly ended up on the coast because of a boat crash has been done. Re-done and done over and over.)

HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD

Everything you need to know about "How to install the mod" (with Steam) can be found HERE. Follow the guide step by step and you'll get to it. Good luck!

IN-GAME CONTENT

If you look at the maps:

• We have added two barracks to the map. One is located in North-East Airfield and the other one is hidden somewhere. Will you be able to find it?
  • Random camps have been added around the map. They don't hide anything special, but are a fun place to rest.
  • New PCBs have been added. They follow the server's rules and do not have any exceptions.
  • The Trading post has been removed.

COMMUNICATIONS IN DAYZ(RP)

Communication in DayZ is really important. It's even more important in DayZRP as it's a RP server : we want people to talk to each other!

• Voice chat (a.k.a microphone chat) has a maximum range of 80 meters. Your voice will be lower if you are behind walls or any other object. It'll also get lower and lower over the distance.
  • Exemple : Player X tries to talk to player Z from 70, which is in the hospital. Player Z won't hear correctly because of 1: Walls. 2: Distance. If Player X was closer (10 meters), player Z would hear him correctly.

• Text chat (a.k.a written chat) has a maximum range of 40 meters and isn't affected by walls or any other object. It won't lower over the distance.

I'M STUCK, HELP!

If you are ever stuck in DayZ, don't start panicking.

• Go on the IRC (you'll need an IRC launcher to PM someone), try to see if a GM or an Admin is there and
    -PM- them (don't spam IRC). Tell them your problem;
  • They will tell you to tell them your PID;
  • Your position will be reset. You will be on the beach at a random location (we CAN'T teleport you somewhere else);
  • WARNING: You may lose your backpack during the process.

Special thanks/credits to:

Goz: Suggestions and improvements

Leon: Feedbacks and suggestions

Gijs : Suggestions

-WORK IN PROGRESS-

Very nice and complete guide, this will help alot of players and also the staff.

Thanks,

Yay, now whenever someone has a question, we can just link them to here!

Thanks a lot, Khardia! Great job!

Goz    2

Holy mother of mercy, dat thread. I bet it will be stickied in no time.

This is a mighty fine guide

Khardia    0

Updated with a new "In-game content" section + more goodies.

Tell me how to improve it or what you want to see up there! I'll work on your ideas ASAP.

Thanks for the feedbacks so far, really appreciated :)

Goz    2

I suggest adding part about proper microphone setup, communication ranges of chat/voip. Also, that people can ask for teleport to random place on beach if they are glitched/bugged somehow by Pming a Gamemaster(tough I think there is somehere a thread for that). When something pops up to my mind I'll suggest it here again :)

Khardia    0

I suggest adding part about proper microphone setup, communication ranges of chat/voip. Also, that people can ask for teleport to random place on beach if they are glitched/bugged somehow by Pming a Gamemaster(tough I think there is somehere a thread for that). When something pops up to my mind I'll suggest it here again :)

Updated with the communication ranges. Will work on the other parts soon! :)

Thanks for the input!

Stuck

Thanks! :D

Khardia    0

Added a part about this! It'll be back up somewhere this week, don't worry.

Thanks for the inputs! :)

Blizzard    0

excellent guide , if i think of something ill edit my post

Guest Jason   
Guest Jason

Nice one man. this will help alot of people.

Guest Henry Carson   
Guest Henry Carson

"Take a lok at this"

Sorry about this but it just really bugged the inner grammar nazi in me...

Khardia    0
excellent guide ' date=' if i think of something ill edit my post[/quote']

Thanks! I'll keep updated with your edit

Nice one man. this will help alot of people.

Thanks!

"Take a lok at this"

Sorry about this but it just really bugged the inner grammar nazi in me...

EDIT : Oh, just realised what you meant. I thought you were talking a look at the guide and saying that... Corrected! Thanks :)

MattScoped    0

is there only one answer to the passphrase because I think I know it but I dont want to get declined because ive worded it wrong :(

Crofty    0

Just read all the rules carefully, once you've read them all and understood them, you'll know the pass phase.

Guest stormU   
Guest stormU

I send my app 3 days ago and water for an answer.

But it still says:

Your application will be handled by the admin team and processed within a few days.

PLZ help!

Khardia    0

But it still says:

PLZ help!

be patient ;)

Diremast    0

But it still says:

PLZ help!

Patience is a virtue.

Khardia    0

I've updated the guide. Removed the TP section and outdated infos.

You need to add the FAQ and the whitelist information FAQ. Adding the schedule is also a good idea' date=' maybe.[/quote']

Added the Schedule, will add the others later today!

Sign in to follow this