Server time: 2017-10-24, 02:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Zilly

Upcoming Survival Games

Zilly    76

So, we all know at least one or two survival games that have sprung up in the past few years.

To mention some; Rust, 7 Days to Die, DayZ, Stranded Deep, Subnautica,The Forest, and Ark: Survival Evolved.

With so many different types of survival games coming out, I've noticed something...none of them try to follow a very similar theme other than the survival aspect.

Some games concentrate on you being stranded all alone (Subnautica, Stranded Deep.), while others want you to at least try to cooperate with friends or random people (DayZ, Ark.).

Then you have another path, the setting and mood.

You have certain games that follow the Sci-Fi aspect, some that go with zombies, a few that have dinosaurs or other prehistoric creatures, and even some that just want you to brave natural elements.

Now, a new survival title has just sprung up by the name of Vortex: The Gateway

What i want to know, is what do y'all think of this new title? And what kinds of survival games would you like to see in the future?

Personally, id like something that focuses on a real life section of the Earth. Or some more prehistoric type stuff, maybe something during the Ice Age.

Bruce    0

Looks like it's trying too hard to compete with Ark. Could be good though

I'd like a survival game where it's a top down perspective of 3-5 'survivors' initally (depending on what race you choose) - then you make them gather resources and build structures to increase the size of your camp, build up troops and gather more resources. You'd run into other survivors and have to battle them for control over territory.

Wait, that's Warcraft 4. That's what I want - Warcraft 4.

Zilly    76

I'd like a survival game where it's a top down perspective of 3-5 'survivors' initally (depending on what race you choose) - then you make them gather resources and build structures to increase the size of your camp, build up troops and gather more resources. You'd run into other survivors and have to battle them for control over territory.

Wait, that's Warcraft 4. That's what I want - Warcraft 4.

The Last Stand: Dead Zone has a similar build about it.

honestly I like co op survival, a team of 4 role players thrown into a survival situation. I mean this is some serious roleplaying, we'll talk using Skype but even on Skype we'll roleplay. that's where I started roleplaying, I use to roll with a friend which I do still today, in games like "7 days to die", "Assassin Creed:Unity", "Killing floor", "borderlands" I like to see more 4 player survival games that's not just a game that's utterly massive.

it's more fun if it's a group like fallout, 4 players together who does a shit ton of interaction, base building and killing some dead zombies.

I use to play 7days to die on a somewhat "roleplaying" servers, people get on there and talk to each other, we clear out garbage together and I use to stay with my friend and make a bat cave, spend days pretending that we are working, coming home to get patched up by the other. it's awesome

Rory    1598

I used to be addicted to the forest... Used to... :D

Weser117    2

i like the the theme of far cry but i dont like how they went back in time if thats the truth :D