Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:26
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Mars_Ursa

DayZRP Lore Abidence

Hey All,

Very aware of DayZRP for a long time now, brand new to the community.  I haven't gone through the full trouble of white listing yet but I'm curious about the feel of the servers before I do.  How much do people really stick to the innate lore?  Is the participation level really high?  I imagining its possible that there are a good amount of partakers but that there are others who kind of just do their own thing.  What do you guys do personally?

I personally try not to touch on the lore to much in conversation (RP). Mostly the only thing that I mention (in conversation) is the borders as Russians at the northern borders shooting any thing that moves and the fleet of military armed ships at the sea. I feel that the participation in the lore is pretty high, it is also a good idea to have your character's back ground story make sense with the lore it self.

I've always abided the lore for consistency purposes. Plus, I'd feel like a defiant insubordinate if I didn't. Remember, it's not important you memorize all of the most minuscule details, as the majority of the time your character will not be aware of let's say the status of certain countries, unless they've been closely studying the broadcasts. Your character could even potentially misremember events.

People tend to abide it for the most part, I'm yet to find someone who has decided to make up their own lore. Only mistakes I've ran into have been speech slip ups and new people who haven't even been bothered to read through it properly. As said above, most people avoid descriptively discussing the lore anyway.

You shouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure your backstory doesn't clash with it...And that you know we're not on a Russian island.

As others have said, dont worry too much about it, but definitely do abide to it. The main thing would probably be that we have been in the apocalypse for a month now, and know about the map (We're in South Zagoria not just Chernarus, it isn't an island etc.). Those are the only things that really bug me when in conversation. Having people say: "Have you tried to swim off the island?" or "I just arrived here what the hell is going on!" can be a bit of a pain. Most people will probably be aware that there is a zombie apocalypse (unless they have a really complex and well-thought reason). I also know that some people RPing as Chernaurussian characters get really pissed off when people think they're Russian (but not sure that's a lore problem... ;) ).

It can be very good for some immersive RP with phrases like: "I was in Svetlojarsk on November 3rd when it fell. Never will forget it...". Stuff like can make for amazing conversation, and make interaction that little bit more interesting.

Main thing is, don't worry, relax and I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Kanen    108

I only really refer to the lore if we start talking about the infection like the beginning after that I don't really refer to it much in game. But some people may base there characters on the Lore and roleplay using it all the time it vary's

Mostly the only thing that I mention (in conversation) is the borders as Russians at the northern borders shooting any thing that moves and the fleet of military armed ships at the sea.

This is no longer true. I asked a Lore Master about this, the rest of the world is destroyed just like South Zagoria. So, leaving and entering the area is not even a challenge, unless you want to travel hills upon hills. So, no, there is no Russian military or any military in fact keeping us contained in Chernarus or South Zagoria. 

-snip-

Oh really... I rather liked the idea that we were contained and we couldn't leave, oh well...

It has been quite awhile. Eventually, it would've spread out of South Zagoria.

Storm    215

As long as your character fits the lore, all is good. You don't have to talk about the lore in game if you don't want to. But make sure you know it, because if someone asks you a question IC that refers to the lore, you'll look pretty stupid if you answer with the complete wrong thing.

Shark    0

The main things about the lore ... if you tell me Chernarus is an island, or that you've been fighting zombies for 15 years, I will beat you.

Rory    1576

You wanna know the Lore bluntly, but most of it doesn't matter unless you're making a group. I had to read the entire Lore to fit it with the BTR lore :D

Wulfe    6

Really I just keep track of the timeline, to me that is most important. Most people read the lore, but then neglect two points.

1.) In-game dates are the same as real dates.

2.) Radio broadcasts extend where the lore ends.

Keeping these in mind it has been a whole year since the apocalypse started. The lore was written in November 2014, and since dates are real time, it is currently November 2015 in game. I see newer members make this mistake a lot. The radio broadcasts contained updates to the lore after the main lore ended, and at this point the entire world is in apocalypse.

All the lore is important for sure, but most of it doesn't come up in conversation. Just remember that its been more than a few months since the apocalypse started, and the outside world is gone.

The main things about the lore ... if you tell me Chernarus is an island, or that you've been fighting zombies for 15 years, I will beat you.

In the most ridiculous Russian accent, "Mah comrade. Can you help me get off island? These zoombes have been hurtin' me fer about 35 years."

Conor    254

If you tell me that you are a KGB agent and last had contact with your handler two weeks ago, I will hurt you in the face.

That actually happened in game once ^

CODEHX    1

As others have said, dont worry too much about it, but definitely do abide to it. The main thing would probably be that we have been in the apocalypse for a month now, and know about the map (We're in South Zagoria not just Chernarus, it isn't an island etc.). Those are the only things that really bug me when in conversation. Having people say: "Have you tried to swim off the island?" or "I just arrived here what the hell is going on!" can be a bit of a pain. Most people will probably be aware that there is a zombie apocalypse (unless they have a really complex and well-thought reason). I also know that some people RPing as Chernaurussian characters get really pissed off when people think they're Russian (but not sure that's a lore problem... ;) ).

It can be very good for some immersive RP with phrases like: "I was in Svetlojarsk on November 3rd when it fell. Never will forget it...". Stuff like can make for amazing conversation, and make interaction that little bit more interesting.

A month? First day I ran into a group and they kept testing my lore knowledge. Said it had been a year, so which one is it?

A month? First day I ran into a group and they kept testing my lore knowledge. Said it had been a year, so which one is it?

Wow that is a very important typo, yeah it's a year sorry! :P